Forums Tyrant

DNA's Spirit of Christmas | 24HR Standard 10k 50 Kred Giveaway Challenge! (locked)

71 posts

Flag Post

This is for the 24 Hour Standard Tournament 10k that is coming up today. 12.25.2012.

To make the next standard a little more fun & because it’s Christmas I’ll be giving away 50 kreds to whoever is first place.

Prize will be delivered via paypal/gamestopreward card.

 
Flag Post

what, no love for the bots?

 
Flag Post

That title is a fraud!

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by dnaimagery:

To make the next standard a little more fun & because it’s Christmas I’ll be giving away 50 kreds to whoever is first place.

That’s good for at least 30 wbs.

May the best man…or woman…win.

that’s not fair if you play for first :P… but i like the spirit behind the idea, really nice!

Originally posted by OMGWTFFFS:

That title is a fraud!

 
Flag Post

@OMGWTFFFS
Yes, I meant 50 kreds. That was a mistake before I realized 100 kreds was 60 WB. LoL

@JH34D
I will play for first (There is already a group of 10-20 that play for 1st anyways now due to the rankings). That is the idea. To create competition & if you can beat me I will send you 50 kreds! =)

 
Flag Post

This isn’t fair – I won’t get any sleep now.

 
Flag Post

5 bucks, how awesome is that.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Sighaknight:

5 bucks, how awesome is that.

Yeah, make it 50 bucks, at least.

 
Flag Post

Ok, time to try out random decks and hope for #1.

 
Flag Post

@omgwtfffs
Ahhh, yes…

Greed. It has brought down many societies in the past. Try not to be consumed by it.

Be grateful for what you have & the opportunities that are presented to you.

 
Flag Post

If you win, we dont have to pay you right?

 
Flag Post

@Stormcommando
No, I will pay myself, don’t worry. =P

 
Flag Post

I dont play standards, just saying I agree with sigha, that if you’re gonna do this, at least do it for a proper “gift” amount to get people going. Frankly, 30 WB doesn’t even get me tempted to try and that’s coming from a free player.

 
Flag Post

(The original title of the thread is in the URL.)

Original title, with corrections:
In the spirit of Chirstmas (sic) The Hunger Games, I will be giving away award 50 Kreds $5 to whoever is 1st place can beat me and my War Bonds in the upcoming 24 hour standard tournament

dnaimagery, you have a bizarre definition of “gift”.

Originally posted by dnaimagery:

@omgwtfffs
Ahhh, yes…

Greed. It has brought down many societies in the past. Try not to be consumed by it.

Be grateful for what you have & the opportunities that are presented to you.

“May the odds be ever in your favor!”
Or, if you prefer, “Qu’ils mangent de la brioche!”


I’m sure there is a more apt analogy or allusion for this thread, but I hope you will excuse my merely mild creative effort since it is at least equal to the creativity of the original post.

 
Flag Post

@hunterhogan dna is trying to spice things up for the holiday and i think this is a generous offer regardless of your cynicism

 
Flag Post

Make it 100 kreds and we might bother trying, we could get more money from an actual job for the amount of time it’ll take :S

edit— thanks for the offer anyways, most of the time I try to do well well standards for fun so you’re right I am gonna try :p

 
Flag Post

@omgwtfffs
Cool story bro. I don’t care.

@hunterhogan
Do I? Gift “A thing given willingly to someone without payment; a present” Looks like I have the correct definition. I will give a gift to anyone that is 1st place without expecting payment in return.

I’m surprised nobody is like…cool, thanks…I accept the challenge, etc…everybody seems angry or upset that I’m giving away $5 dollars aka 50 kreds aka 30 wb to whoever gets 1st place. People never give $1, let alone $5 dollars, in tyrant. This is ground breaking history right here. It’s a free tournament with a chance to win WB. Unheard of! Anyways, I’m not here to please anyone, just thought it would be a fun challenge & a nice gesture since it’s Christmas, but looks like we have one too many Grinches this year.

@choaspig222
No, nobody works on Christmas. Except Santa Clause. Plus, your already going to try. Who you trying to kid with that line? =P

@sheepwshotguns
Thanks! Finally some common sense around here. Not that I was expecting any. =P

 
Flag Post

thx, nice idea with the gift (even if i dont will win it).

 
Flag Post

Since nobody is really excited about DNA’s gift why doesn’t the winner just give it to me. I’ll really appreciate it.

 
Flag Post

for all you trolls trying to ruin this topic, go somewhere else, and let someone who actually care about tyrant and especially tournaments, help to make this game a little more interesting

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by TheGil:

for all you trolls trying to ruin this topic, go somewhere else, and let someone who actually care about tyrant and especially tournaments, help to make this game a little more interesting

I find this thoroughly amusing, since dna has created the most prominent troll thread that is currently not locked :P

 
Flag Post

@Shadowhopeful
Yes, it started as a troll thread, but look at it now! A thriving standard tournament community…and growing!

P.S.
I will paypal transfer to the winners account (easiest for me +3% transfer fee). If you do not have a paypal account I will buy you a gamestop giftcard and give you the code to be redeemed online.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by dnaimagery:

@omgwtfffs
Cool story bro. I don’t care.

@hunterhogan
Do I? Gift “A thing given willingly to someone without payment; a present” Looks like I have the correct definition. I will give a gift to anyone that is 1st place without expecting payment in return.

I’m surprised nobody is like…cool, thanks…I accept the challenge, etc…everybody seems angry or upset that I’m giving away $5 dollars aka 50 kreds aka 30 wb to whoever gets 1st place. People never give $1, let alone $5 dollars, in tyrant. This is ground breaking history right here. It’s a free tournament with a chance to win WB. Unheard of! Anyways, I’m not here to please anyone, just thought it would be a fun challenge & a nice gesture since it’s Christmas, but looks like we have one too many Grinches this year.

@choaspig222
No, nobody works on Christmas. Except Santa Clause. Plus, your already going to try. Who you trying to kid with that line? =P

@sheepwshotguns
Thanks! Finally some common sense around here. Not that I was expecting any. =P

says he doesnt care and yet responds to OMG. you really do care sorry

 
Flag Post

This is equivalent to 30 WBs. A nice touch, but I would have to invest Approximately 75WBs (3 Sycophants) to stand a chance in the Standard.
It saddens me that standard tournaments have become Pay-2-Win a long time ago.
I do appreciate your initiative, but the sealed are all I will ever go after. However: I do wish you guys a big, balanced and a competitive tournament of 2k+ players!

 
Flag Post

@jfenz101
Cool story bro. I don’t care.

@oritfx
To win 1st place you need a strong enough cardpool to create a Tier 1 deck.