Forums Tyrant

[Consortium] Developer responses (UPDATED Jan 23) page 5

136 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by JotarkKa:
Originally posted by MrHen:

crapface, they don’t have to answer at all if they don’t want to

Correct; but they do if they want us to take the Consortium seriously.

sry I was drunk and trolling, good that you didn’t get offended:)

Nevermind jotarkka is drunk now! He was sober the other day tho…

Flag Post

Removed

Flag Post

crapface, they don’t have to answer at all if they don’t want to

Correct; but they do if they want us to take the Consortium seriously.

sry I was drunk and trolling, good that you didn’t get offended:)

Ah; well that explains the most excellent wit contained in your post. :)

Flag Post

Sticky.

Flag Post
Originally posted by zaraki:

Sticky.

Thank you!!!

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/321362-to-devs-24-hr-tournament
Needs adding.

Flag Post

The homeworld glitch is still not fixed. 4 packs and still nothing. Legendaries more please. pm me dev if u like pm dev sev times no response

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shadowhopeful:

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/321362-to-devs-24-hr-tournament
Needs adding.

No this was never brought to the devs, they directly read this forum (by a miracle) and answered it.

Flag Post

TOPIC UPDATED (Jan 17)

4 new answers!

Always answered questions are at the top of the list!

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkBlood1:

TOPIC UPDATED (Jan 17)

4 new answers!

Are the most recently answered questions at the top of the list?

Flag Post

Sucks about the vault I guess. I want them to at least remove Gold/Enclave Rares though.

Flag Post

•Is it possible to remove or lower the 2 min delay between each fight on a conquest slot?
Dev: Main reason for this is to prevent a person in a faction for soloing an entire tile by themselves if they want to. Focus more on the faction working together.

Well, thanks — this is a better answer. I am not sure their implementation is actually accomplishing this, though. It just serves to irritate those of us who do focus on one slot at a time. The primary reason I end up trying to solo slots is because changing your deck is such a pain; you need to craft (or already have crafted) an attack deck for each slot so the effort to attack multiple slots at the same time is pretty bad.

Therefore, the cost of staying on one slot is bad and the cost of attacking multiple slots is also bad. It also implies that “working together” is not actually working together; people who would have soloed one slot now end up trying to soloing multiple.

But I won’t spend time arguing against the idea that soloing a slot is bad since you have the right to highlight the kind of play you wish. (I assume you meant slot and not tile because the timer won’t do jack against that.) But I do encourage you to find a better way to promote teamwork — such as a chatting in conquest or better coordination features in general — and not by trying to punish legitimate use cases. Even if I do work with three or more people in my faction we are all very likely to hit the timer.

The most energy efficient strategy is to kill slots one-by-one regardless of any timer. The timer just makes the optimal play annoying. Which is just annoying — not promoting teamwork.

Flag Post

•Is it possible to remove or lower the 2 min delay between each fight on a conquest slot?
Dev: Main reason for this is to prevent a person in a faction for soloing an entire tile by themselves if they want to. Focus more on the faction working together.

Well, thanks — this is a better answer. I am not sure their implementation is actually accomplishing this, though. It just serves to irritate those of us who do focus on one slot at a time. The primary reason I end up trying to solo slots is because changing your deck is such a pain; you need to craft (or already have crafted) an attack deck for each slot so the effort to attack multiple slots at the same time is pretty bad.

Therefore, the cost of staying on one slot is bad and the cost of attacking multiple slots is also bad. It also implies that “working together” is not actually working together; people who would have soloed one slot now end up trying to soloing multiple.

But I won’t spend time arguing against the idea that soloing a slot is bad since you have the right to highlight the kind of play you wish. (I assume you meant slot and not tile because the timer won’t do jack against that.) But I do encourage you to find a better way to promote teamwork — such as a chatting in conquest or better coordination features in general — and not by trying to punish legitimate use cases. Even if I do work with three or more people in my faction we are all very likely to hit the timer.

The most energy efficient strategy is to kill slots one-by-one regardless of any timer. The timer just makes the optimal play annoying. Which is just annoying — not promoting teamwork.

Extremely well argued. I agree completely.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkBlood1:

• Why NOT to add more cards in the vault at the same time?
  • Dev: This completely removes a key aspect of Tyrant/CCGs, so the answer remains no.

i suppose i do understand CCG in totally different way. (even if somehow you would forget that by declining increasing vault they simply force card collectors to gamble for their money). it’s like playing chess with figures cost 10 dollars each – you pay to get all of them or play with only some of them. and even worse than that – since you cannot directly buy the figure you want.

Flag Post

Yes, its still a ridiculous answer to the petition of expanding the vault.

Flag Post
Originally posted by sss1:

i suppose i do understand CCG in totally diferent way.

Not only that, they are implicitly making the assumption that this is a good key component of CCGs.

Flag Post

You know, I still want to ask if it is possible to fight your Kongregate friends with a drop down menu of online friends or something…
It was so frustrating for me and a friend trying to find each other in the same rank in Arena.

WHY?! WE COULD JUST DO FRIENDLY CARD BATTLES?!
I know tyrant is CCG, but with guild, conquest, faction war, arena, tourny, it’s in a way MMO too….

Flag Post

Devs need to hire someone like HH who can write explanations containing more than one sentence.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ladolcevita:

Devs need to hire someone like HH who can write explanations containing more than one sentence.

I think that is Darkblood summarizing their response.

Flag Post

The Key aspect is that players can have access more easly to certain cards without have to buy a shitload of packs?

Ok, i know that is because in devs view in that way player will get different cards and have to costumize they decks more but alas, in my opinion is a stupid decision, the Vault was designed when aonly a moderate amount of cards was available, now is too much outdated.

Flag Post

This summary is often taking things out of context, and in some cases is completely wrong. Specifically this:

“Account sharing issues.
^ Account sharing and alts are now OFFICIALLY legal! :D”

No. Account sharing is illegal according to Kongregate’s ToS.

Flag Post

Reopened post, removed the line about account sharing being “legal”.

Flag Post
Originally posted by synapticon:

Hey now! You stop being reasonable! ;)

Flag Post

This summary is often taking things out of context, and in some cases is completely wrong. Specifically this:

“Account sharing issues.
^ Account sharing and alts are now OFFICIALLY legal! :D”

No. Account sharing is illegal according to Kongregate’s ToS.

I don’t think it was taken out of context. That was Darkblood’s interpretation of your response. That was added after he asked how Kongregate enforced account sharing and they responded with “Well, it’s up to the devs of the games to report it to us, but we generally don’t bother.”

When neither side bothers, the ToS is no longer effective, and if poritions of it are not enforced, then in a legal context, the entire Terms may be invalid. I know there is legal precedence for this. Interesting to see you ban someone who then sues you for unfair application of the terms. (0hio, please. Please, 0hio, please. I am begging you here.)

Flag Post

Oh, good job, don’t rush thing next time. ;)