Forums Tyrant

[to devs] ZP is account sharing (locked)

18 posts

Flag Post

ZP has moved up the ranks to fast and is clearly account sharing. Pls stop this from happening. the game is no longer fun. thx

Flag Post
Originally posted by cardmaster152:

ZP has moved up the ranks to fast and is clearly account sharing. Pls stop this from happening. the game is no longer fun. thx

LOL. Fail troll alt is fail.

Flag Post

we really need an invest in the top 10 factions to stop those threads..
Not only in 1 faction.

can you close this post please.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Yzul:

we really need an invest in the top 10 factions to stop those threads..
Not only in 1 faction.

can you close this post please.

Yes, but only after everyone has read and understood the following. http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65/topics/165917

Flag Post

from synapticon : “We have our own methods in place to detect exploitation.” date : 9 may 2011

Flag Post
Originally posted by inorix:

Everyone is account sharing/using alts, not just factions that regularly get called out for it. You can almost say it’s normal to do it. Devs will do nothing anyway, but keep drama flowing.

Solution: Quit the game ;]

Flag Post

Everyone is account sharing/using alts, not just factions that regularly get called out for it. You can almost say it’s normal to do it. Devs will do nothing anyway, but keep drama flowing.

Yes.

I go to play Tyrant at a cyber = OMG! Im account sharing.
Play Tyrant on my cellphone, OMG! account sharer! ban ban ban.
Change the hardware of my PC, account sharer!
Reset the router, account sharing without doubt!
:D

Really dont know all the methods on how to “track” someone, i know that you can log the IP of the user, browser and OS but this means NOTHING, always someone can phisically or remotely use your PC, and always someone can login the game from a different device (cellphone, pc, netbook, etc), also the real IP can hide using a proxy and the browser, OS can be faked easily.

Flag Post

Oh there are clever ways to detect account sharing. I’m not sure devs are aware of those though ;]

Flag Post

Oh there are clever ways to detect account sharing. I’m not sure devs are aware of those though ;]

tell them ;)

Flag Post

Solution: Quit the game ;]

OFF TOPIC: STFU about ZP or I will jackknife my legs and kick you in the mouth with my foot-bone.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lol0lo:

tell them ;)

Well, account sharing is easy. Accounts move from Singapore to the UK to the USA to Mexico in less than 24 hours. Sometimes all of those places in less than 1 hour. Multi-accounting is a much smaller problem IMO than the sharing. Botting is much harder to detect unless it’s large scale botting.

Flag Post
Originally posted by catepillar:

Well, account sharing is easy. Accounts move from Singapore to the UK to the USA to Mexico in less than 24 hours. Sometimes all of those places in less than 1 hour. Multi-accounting is a much smaller problem IMO than the sharing. Botting is much harder to detect unless it’s large scale botting.

BAN, just because could being account sharing! Dont care at all if the person travels a lot or constantly uses a proxy (for example Tor).

Flag Post

ZP isn’t accont sharing and don’t use bots too. Just have a higher requeriments. Join ZP and see yourself…

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkBlood1:

Yes.

I go to play Tyrant at a cyber = OMG! Im account sharing.
Play Tyrant on my cellphone, OMG! account sharer! ban ban ban.
Change the hardware of my PC, account sharer!
Reset the router, account sharing without doubt!
:D

Really dont know all the methods on how to “track” someone, i know that you can log the IP of the user, browser and OS but this means NOTHING, always someone can phisically or remotely use your PC, and always someone can login the game from a different device (cellphone, pc, netbook, etc), also the real IP can hide using a proxy and the browser, OS can be faked easily.

MAC tracking I think is another route.

Flag Post

BAN, just because could being account sharing! Dont care at all if the person travels a lot or constantly uses a proxy (for example Tor).

You don’t detect sharing if 1 account is changing too much IP fast because he can use proxy etcetera, but you can detect it if 2 accounts will have same IP sometimes. It’s very very low probability 2 different account used by 2 different people will have same IP unless they share a network like university etcetera…otherwise you have a cheater ;)

Flag Post

Personally I dont believe that either Zerophobia or Better World for that matter are account sharing to any significant levels at the present time (although I do believe there are several top 20 factions who ARE account sharing to silly levels).

However unless the developer community shows they are actively monitoring the community for this type of infraction there will always be drama, accusations and counter accusations.

Unfortunately I do not believe this is ever going to happen despite growing restlessness in the wider player community.

Yes it is technically feasible to ensure account sharing doesn’t impact the game (anyone that tells you it is really hard isn’t that clued up in my opinion). This means that either the Developers really don’t care about enforcing their own Terms of Service, or do not have the technical wherewithall to perform this suite of automated reporting, or possibly both!

Looking at the length of time that responses to player complaints take, as well as the length of time it takes to fix bugs, my money is on both; however I would be delighted to be proved wrong!

Flag Post
Originally posted by gjw666:

Personally I dont believe that either Zerophobia or Better World for that matter are account sharing to any significant levels at the present time (although I do believe there are several top 20 factions who ARE account sharing to silly levels).

I tend to agree with that statement.
I think some of those “top 20” you mentioned are involved with the alliance, which is probably why BW have been dragged back into this again. I may be wrong though, obviously.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tuloski:

You don’t detect sharing if 1 account is changing too much IP fast because he can use proxy etcetera, but you can detect it if 2 accounts will have same IP sometimes. It’s very very low probability 2 different account used by 2 different people will have same IP unless they share a network like university etcetera…otherwise you have a cheater ;)

This is where I was headed with the jumping all over the world thing. If an account shows up in Singapore, then the UK, and there is another account in the UK that has the same IP address, then probability is very high that it is account sharing. Or even, someone in Texas going to New York when there is a shared IP address.

Yes, this doesn’t account for the “smart” account sharers who use one proxy per account, but there is no reasonable way to catch those guys either.

And I don’t say perma-ban for account sharing. 1 week ban for 1st time offenders. Gradually increase it from there.