Forums Tyrant

HH's guide to spending your Ancient Righteous Warlord points page 3

60 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shadowhopeful:
Originally posted by Redlaw:

You guys have all missed the hidden joke by HunterHogan. He is a master troll!

That’s not a joke, that’s a fact.

I tried to learn his secrets but he is just too good to imitate.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shadowhopeful:

You guys have all missed the hidden joke by HunterHogan. He is a master troll!

That’s not a joke, that’s a fact.

I tried to learn his secrets but he is just too good to imitate.

No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.

BTW, Redlaw is actually a nice person but I promised not to tell anyone, so I won’t post that here on the forums.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jessicalopez:

Withersnap is limited use. Probably won’t use it after you get it. For collector only. 2x EMP will kill the whole spam deck.
Ram’s head is good for deck if you have good raider card and it can cleanse poison or disease.

EMP? really? You gotta play a little more, I don’t think you are high enough level? Withersnap is a very solid PVP card and good in conquest as well. I don’t believe I’ve seen someone use an EMP let alone two in…..?

Flag Post

Indeed, Snap along with LH, LtW, HtC, or Atlas will one-shot Sycos due to their intercept. The meta is still prevalent with fear and you don’t have to drop him on the first turn either to save your butt.

Flag Post

ok, so back on topic since it’s so close, wondering what last bit of uselessness to get:

I have:
2xpip
1xnecro
3xram’s head
2xayrkrane
5xwither
1xAR (8 in total from having bought some donkey’s years ago)

currently sitting on 1000 tokens….

Flag Post

My 2 cents on the rewards :)

Snaps seem quite handy, situational, but handy, I recommend 3 minimum
I haven’t cracked ram’s yet, but they look as if they could work, I got 4, wouldn’t recommend getting more than that
Pip is too slow for most PvP situations but it sims to a god-tier standard vs raids/quests/missions etc, recommend 2, any more is possibly a waste.
Alt art is cool, grab some :D

Personally I got 6 Azures (moment of weakness :P), 4 snaps, 1 ayr, 4 rams, 1 necro and 1 pip.

TT

Flag Post

Withersnap is limited use. Probably won’t use it after you get it. For collector only. 2x EMP will kill the whole spam deck.

Teach me more, master!

Flag Post
Originally posted by StoneyMaroney:

Teach me more, master!

but withersnap + halcyon can oneshot a split jaw.

withersnap is terrible for surge, but nice in a defensive deck on a tile

Flag Post

How I spent my points:

• 1 Azure Reaper I had already purchased 8 with gold; I don’t regret the purchase—it was just after we could sell components—but it would have been nice to use the gold on something else, like Undertaker. If you have the opportunity to use excess Event Points on Azure Reaper, instead of Gold, then I think it is a good opportunity.
  • 3 Withersnap I had 682 points left over, so I bought a third Withersnap instead of a 10th Azure Reaper. But, there are some Raid decks that are now 100% with Buffed Azure Reapers, so you might want 10. I’ve completed all of those raids, so I don’t need 10.
  • 2 Ayrkrane I own a normal Ayrkrane, of course, and while I doubt I will need 3 Ayrkrane, I was pretty sure I didn’t need another Ram’s Head. If you are considering 3 total Ayrkrane, but you don’t have enough (for your situation) Azure Reaper, I still recommend considering getting 2 more Azure Reaper rather than a third Ayrkrane.
  • 5 Ram’s Head I am 99% sure that there will be one day that I will I need all five at the same time. But only one day. Three Ram’s Head is enough, so um, (hh starts to beat a dead horse) consider Azure Reaper.
  • 1 Necrogeddon I own a Homeworld version, too.
  • 3 Pip, Epic Arbiter It has been very convenient to have three.

I am happy that the best card of this event is Pip’s card. Despite all of the other less-than-ideal aspects of the event, it was a smashing success because Pip’s card is great and it appropriately honored TheRealPip.

Congrats to TheRealPip, and thank you for all of your contributions to the game, to the community as a whole, and to individual members of the Tyrant community!

Viva El Pip Real!

Flag Post

Before entering the thread i was wondering what use could there be for Withsnap to justify getting more than one.

After reading the thread, i still wonder.

The only scary answer that worries me is if they make the mistake and upgrade it later on….

They are supposed to design the cards in such way that no upgrading is needed. The didnt do this for some of them and this is why they started upgradign now the older ones. But the new ones should be better designed. Otherwise it feels like being cheated all the time. As players we have to know what is the real value of a card on which we are going to spend points/gold/WBs/shards/items.