DEVS R IDIOTS - tyrant is defunct

47 posts

Flag Post

From google:
“de·funct
/diˈfəNGkt/
Adjective
No longer existing or functioning: “the defunct communist common market”"

Large portions of this game are now defunct, making the game itself defunct.
1.) There once was a reason to enter raids, now there is not. None of the raid reward cards are relevant anymore. Even hephatat and hover pods are obsolete. Then heracles and longshot gave people a reason to go after raids again – but even they are looking less relevant. Now there’s little to no reason to enter raids…a big portion of the game just defunct.

2.) There once was a reason to obtain mission/achievement reward cards. Remember when raksha was unstoppable if it activated? Yeah…now it’s crap. You might say the current event reward cards are an exception, but that’s a grand total of 2-3 exceptions (and they’re not really mission/achievement rewards). Further, the reward cards for the latest batch of missions truly suck. So…mission/achievement reward cards are now defunct.

Similar statements can be made for:
3.) Missions – missions are now defunct since there’s really no reason to grind them for anything.

4.) Gold – gold is defunct since most gold-buyable packs are 90% outdated.

5.) Arena – arena sucks now.

As for tourneys: they’re basically a microcosm of the entire game. If the entire game’s screwed up then standard tourneys are especially screwed up.

Flag Post

1. Agree
2. Agree
3. this is connected to gold (point 4)
4. Agree
5. ..

Flag Post

1) Agree mostly, some have the odd convoluted use in a specific counter deck
2) Agree mostly, but I do like a few of them
3) & 4) Once I get Mobile Base this will become an Agree
5) Agree

Tourneys, play sealeds, more less luck based and no WB advantage :)

TT

Flag Post

I don’t think defunct is the right word here

Flag Post

some ideas.

loss of arena rating over time. if you are not active in arena then you gradually drop down through the divisions, would at least encourage a few fights a day from members that just sit on 7000 or 7500 and those players wouldn’t wanna keep losing, so overall quality of decks may rise. Yes that means its harder for free players to grind up, but they are only really aiming for 1-2 cards from arena rewards anyway AND have access to a lot more good cards than before.

standard tournaments need a minimum fight requirement,. maybe 10 fights? possibly more for the 24hr.

what about caps on duplicate cards in either arena or standards? 3 seems like a decent number. not sure what I think about this idea yet though. would only restrict a handful of decks anyway if it was 3.

most importantly though, we need balance updates during which cards are tweaked, like we had months back when many cards were buffed. Metalworks, Phantasms and both Halcyon commanders need changing for sure, very gamebreaking IMO

Flag Post

1. Agree mostly (I’ve lagged extremely on raids and reputation rewards.)
2. Agree
3. Agree
4. Agree
5. Arena is for boredom.

Flag Post

Nexus for Gold.

Flag Post

Cards DESPERATELY needing buff

ENTIRE PROMO set – seriously, most of those WB-only promo cards are embarrassing
About 25% of the REWARD set should be buffed based on the difficulty of obtaining them – this will make raids and missions RELEVANT again

1. Agree
2. Agree
3. Agree
4. Agree, and who wants to pay upwards of 100K for a useless, defunct reward card?
5. Sucks is being far too kind to arena

Flag Post

Devs are smart. They adopt a business model where people pay for and play a low-maintenance “defunct” game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jungleboogie:

Cards DESPERATELY needing buff

ENTIRE PROMO set – seriously, most of those WB-only promo cards are embarrassing
About 25% of the REWARD set should be buffed based on the difficulty of obtaining them – this will make raids and missions RELEVANT again

1. Agree
2. Agree
3. Agree
4. Agree, and who wants to pay upwards of 100K for a useless, defunct reward card?
5. Sucks is being far too kind to arena

all the promos with 2 skills need a 3rd skill for sure :) nice idea and ofc would encourage sales of old promos.

Flag Post

1 Agree.
2 Agree.
3 Agree.
4 Agree.
5 Agree.

Flag Post

I have a feeling knowing eyes is going to lock this, but I agree, sorta.

Flag Post

1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 are ALL DEFUNCT.

(Agree)

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by dnaimagery:

1.) There once was a reason to enter raids, now there is not. None of the raid reward cards are relevant anymore. Even hephatat and hover pods are obsolete. Then heracles and longshot gave people a reason to go after raids again – but even they are looking less relevant. Now there’s little to no reason to enter raids…a big portion of the game just defunct.

Disagree. Be a little more creative with your deck building?

2.) There once was a reason to obtain mission/achievement reward cards. Remember when raksha was unstoppable if it activated? Yeah…now it’s crap. You might say the current event reward cards are an exception, but that’s a grand total of 2-3 exceptions (and they’re not really mission/achievement rewards). Further, the reward cards for the latest batch of missions truly suck. So…mission/achievement reward cards are now defunct.

Disagree. See above.

3.) Missions – missions are now defunct since there’s really no reason to grind them for anything.

I always need more gold for some reason or another.

4.) Gold – gold is defunct since most gold-buyable packs are 90% outdated.

I always need more gold for some reason or another.

5.) Arena – arena sucks now.

Arena doesn’t suck it just needs to allow pvp match-making and problem solved.

As for tourneys: they’re basically a microcosm of the entire game. If the entire game’s screwed up then standard tourneys are especially screwed up.

Standard Tournies are the best part of this game! Definitely not screwed up. Only thing that is screwed up is the global ranking system, but that’s why I created my own.

Of course, if you have 10 million gold plus and bought everything already and have 2 or more of each craftable card then I can see how you would say #3 or #4, but I’m far from that, so naturally I have to disagree.

>.< you ruined the universal agree! and if you need gold go sell some components, I could get 500k from what I have right now.

Flag Post

1) Some raid cards are good like Azure Reaper and Hephatat but mainly yes, now most of the cards are good only for collection, a buff is needed but a revamp of the raid system is planned.

2) Yes, really, the cards from pack the mission gives are more and more crappy and even the reward are really bad or barely usable somtimes, better cards will not be bad.

3) After you got some crafting cards the mission are no more good, pratically one mission is grinded only cause there is nothing else worth to do.

4) If i get access to faction cards i can get a good use to gold but with the fact i don’t jpin faction and my raid table on the way to be completed with cards good only at “1 copy for collection” gold lose interest.

5) I hate the 1 on 1 battle with wait time, is basically the first thing that keep me playing tournaments, i got Platinum III cause it cost no energy but is really boring, if another level will be added i think i will go for it and then stop.

Making the arena rank decrease over time like suggested by PivotalDisorder here buth much more players before is NOT a good solution, in fact it will be another push to the death of the arena, now player will play, get the max reward and go away waiting if another level will be added but if one player have to play constantly for keep the points without getting new rewards the easyest scenario is to have a great number of them crawl slowly to 0 points and when another card is added not joining cause retake all points will be too boring.

I think the best for the arena is to return to the old one, it was not the best arena but it was really much more usable.

Flag Post

1) Raids – I’m fairly sure these are on the list to be revamped. Seems like that was one of the items for the new player consortium chosen if I recall.

2) Yes some cards could use rebalancing, but introducing new skills at different time will naturally do that. I like all the different options we have now, however, please propose a good way to to not have some gold/enclave cards not be inferior to occupation/terminus/awakening. They have a decent system for the way they chose to build the game.

3,4) I still use gold just because of Homeworld packs alone and I’ve been here for a while.

5) Tourneys have always needed another dimension. Ideas: Faction/Group Tournaments (This would make factions be a lot more meaningful. Something they have always needed.), Quest like tournaments (All cards enter with poison 1, etc), Level bracket tournaments (Wouldn’t it be great not to have to face DNA every time in a standard if you’re a lower level?), Skill restriction tournaments, (no strike, no buildings, etc).

Yes the game could be improved, but I’d expect with complaints some suggestion to improve it.

Flag Post

get over the gold thing the devs added shards so you can get packs that are relevant.

Flag Post

Agree with OP.

Originally posted by dnaimagery:

Standard Tournies are the best part of this game! Definitely not screwed up. Only thing that is screwed up is the global ranking system, but that’s why I created my own.

Nope. Standard tourneys are nothing but rock-paper-scissors with a bucket of RNG thrown in.
Originally posted by jfenz101:

get over the gold thing the devs added shards so you can get packs that are relevant.

So, the last non-WB expansion was Homeworld. That’s nice.

Flag Post

…at a rate that makes whatever cards you get from shards largely irrelevant by the time you get them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MrTinker:

…at a rate that makes whatever cards you get from shards largely irrelevant by the time you get them.

This makes absolutely no sense. How could the newest possible cards be irrelevant? What is replacing them?

Flag Post

This thread seems mean-spirited and uses the very basic tool of “We HateZ teh Devs!!!” to garner attention.

Just sayin’

Flag Post

AGREE TOTALLY.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bob303:

This makes absolutely no sense. How could the newest possible cards be irrelevant? What is replacing them?

he probably means he and others have bad luck and don’t get the actual “good” cards from the packs. I’ll leave it to him to set an example of grabbing a “free” pack with the chance of getting either a “helpful” or a “waste” card.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bob303:

Let me put it this way. You know hw only has 60cards right? Well I am now 58/60 and have a total of 46rare/legendary. If you minus away the rare that came from mission, you know how many packs I bought.

Now engulfing chasm is the 57th card and utopia beacon is my 58th card. You think my utopia beacon is the newest card when I got it? LOL Assume a 5day a pack(and I only bought 42packs), that means I got my beacon roughly 30weeks after the release of hw. Yeah extremely relevant :D