Forums Tyrant

[To Devs] Foil cards improvement

13 posts

Flag Post

I have various ideas:

• “Foil any card you want”
    A new Foil section in Vault, where the people can see a list of all of his obtained cards and if they want a foil copy of a card they have to pay approx. 20%+ of the current/base value, example: a Fortifier at 30 WB, a Wasteland Skimmer at 30 WB, a Hades at 200 WB, and any other or common card at 30 WB too, just because is not easy to balance the price, so 30 WB for all and to the fuck.
    Im not seeing any disvantage, could be called “the vault of common cards” if you want, when you got your first common card and you want extra copies you have to pay 30WB each one, i dont see any problem with that but you can always limit what cards can be foil.

• “Pay extra WB for the current cards in Vault/Promo/Reward”
    Easy, 20%+ WB for the card in foil version, in the game you will see another BUY button and a textbox showing the price, when you hover mouse will see a brief explanation of what is a foil card.

• “A new card profile for Foil cards and alternative-art/limited-time cards”
    Collectionists will pay an immense amount of money to complete this profile, I assure. (Authority, Bama4life, oh no you wont… :D)

• “Pay 100%+ price to open packs with a guaranteed chance of a foil card”
    Again, a new button and textbox with the new price, examples: Gold packs instead of 5k gold > 10k gold, a pack of 25 WB will cost 50 WB.

Start to debate other ideas, try to find exploits, just remember that is an optional feature without advantage for paid players, a WIN-WIN idea, for devs and players.

Flag Post

An excellent idea

once Dev figure out how to apply graphic in flash decently. Else block http://kg.tyrantonline.com/assets/images/eliteloopLG.swf it shall be.

Flag Post

You are talking in Synapticon Lenguage, HH has done a good job. :D

Anyway, i approve this idea, also i think that the foil cards are put ONLY in the extended price packs so you can get foil cards with 100% accuracy buying the overpriced pack and in the same time you will NEVER get them from normal packs.

This cause there are some player like me that do not like foil at all (i actually do not like the animation on them, make them different without animation and i can start like them).

Flag Post

I’ve always been a supporter of such things, as it doesn’t bother free players (such as me) and has a potential to give Synapse more money.

Flag Post

+1
I like foil cards.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkBlood1:
  • “Foil any card you want”
    A new Foil section in Vault, where the people can see a list of all of his obtained cards and if they want a foil copy of a card they have to pay approx. 20%+ of the current/base value, example: a Fortifier at 30 WB, a Wasteland Skimmer at 30 WB, a Hades at 200 WB, and any other or common card at 30 WB too, just because is not easy to balance the price, so 30 WB for all and to the fuck.
    Im not seeing any disvantage, could be called “the vault of common cards” if you want, when you got your first common card and you want extra copies you have to pay 30WB each one, i dont see any problem with that but you can always limit what cards can be foil.
  • Another option would be to allow players to foil any card that they own for, let’s say, 10WB. But, instead of giving them a new card, their old version of the card would be replaced. This would be purely for vanities sake and wouldn’t affect game balance.

Flag Post

Already spent 10 million gold chasing foils the hard way

Flag Post

Sorry DarkBlood but there is no saving the current foil feature. The effect is rubbish.

If devs want to implement something for the collectors then ONLY rares should be available as foil and those foil rares should have alternative (better looking) card art. I for one would happily try and collect them if they looked nice and different.

Selling foil cards in vault is also a bad idea. The whole point of something like this should be for collectors to have fun collecting, not for a big spender to just pointlessly buy them all. A dedicated foil cards page in our profile pages would be nice too.

Flag Post

i should pay for lagging? foil card cause lag :c

Flag Post
    Originally posted by Varamond:

And many people opened WB-only packs for 25WB, now they can be opened with 40 Conquest Tokens.

And for some other people:
    NO sane collectionist will open more WB-only packs when he already has all the cards in the game, check the fansite for authority, bama4life, varamond, they keep opening gold-buyable packs but not WB-only packs, and here is where my suggestion is pointed.

Flag Post
    Originally posted by DarkBlood1:
    Originally posted by Varamond:

And many people opened WB-only packs for 25WB, now they can be opened with 40 Conquest Tokens.

And for some other people:
    NO sane collectionist will open more WB-only packs when he already has all the cards in the game, check the fansite for authority, bama4life, varamond, they keep opening gold-buyable packs but not WB-only packs, and here is where my suggestion is pointed.

Yeah once a WB pack is collected no sense in buying anymore of the pack especially sense they go in vault. If they were gold buy-able id get more top packs for sure. I don’t use tokens for packs either though, I keep getting faction parts in-case they are ever needed. But after so long more packs should be gold buy-able imo.

Flag Post

The hell is the point of foil cards then?

Flag Post
    Originally posted by bob303:

The hell is the point of foil cards then?

Oh… SHINY!!! Brag at 1000% then for collectionism.