Forums Tyrant

Nominate a new Kongregate moderator for the Tyrant forum page 3

139 posts

Flag Post

I kinda agree knowing eyes locks to soon. but do like the fact that someone paying attention to. just think he could be little more easy going. Punish the trolls not the thread

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maharid:

I don’t think a moderator need to be a Tyrant player, also a moderator not need to know the sarcasm and satire of the community, the post must follow existing rules, if those rules are broken a good MOD must do something, certainly some jokes can be tolerated, fun construtive threads, and so on, but threads that make jockes of factions\players can be take as offencive and treathed like that.

What is needed is moderators that read the forum and do a good and fair job.

@skolu: I’m from Italy, say that again, maybe it can bocome true even here. :(

I disagree, I personally want a mod who knows what the f—- the community are talking about.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hunterhogan:
Originally posted by TheGil:

hunter,
i turn to your logic, try to imagine a tyrant player as a mod in the forum, now most likly he will be from an alliance.
do you believe it will be ok? i can see the future posts about how this mod delete topics made by the other alliance, and let the once of his to stay, or anything like that.

This is a legitimate concern. The appearance of fairness is just as important as fairness itself. I think if two new moderators were promoted at the same time, then it will help with the appearance of fairness. In a thread about Knowing Eyes, for example, she (right? she?) declined to moderate the thread so that she did not appear biased. If we have two new moderators, then I think it will help people believe that the moderators are trying to be fair.

Originally posted by floppynoodles:

LDV would be a disaster. Too involved, too immature. And I say that with all fondness.

I absolutely understand why you might think this and why other players will agree with you. LDV’s humor is unusual and she is vocal but somehow secretive. Are you sure LDV is female, for example? Really? Trolling is inciting people just to cause drama. I have not read all of LDV’s posts, but I don’t believe she trolls—I think she has a subtle and sometimes-dry sense of humor. Finally, there is a difference between moderator actions and normal posting. If LDV (or any moderator) abuses their moderator powers, we can be sure that the Tyrant community will quickly cause a riot (or petition!).

I nominate Zblenber89, although I am not sure if he wants it. He is a Kongregate forum lurker, but is active and vocal in many other mediums, such as chat, irc, and on TnT (without his help, TnT would not have had any success.)

It’s fine and dandy for you to think something, as it is for me. I go by what I see and what I hear and what I read and put all those things into my own string ball to play with, as do you. I respectfully disagree, but not enough to actually bother to refute, just refrain.

It’s not like it matters much anyhow. Thing are winding down.

Flag Post

“I absolutely understand why you might think this and why other players will agree with you. LDV’s humor is unusual and she is vocal but somehow secretive. Are you sure LDV is female, for example? Really? Trolling is inciting people just to cause drama.”

These do not sound like the qualities of transparency, the hallmark of a good moderator. Only my two though….

Flag Post

“I absolutely understand why you might think this and why other players will agree with you. LDV’s humor is unusual and she is vocal but somehow secretive. Are you sure LDV is female, for example? Really? Trolling is inciting people just to cause drama.”

These do not sound like the qualities of transparency, the hallmark of a good moderator. Only my two though….

To be fair, you should expect anybody to be wary when asked about irl details.

Flag Post

I’m from Denmark, it’s true here. :P
There is a huge scandal about our primeminister using his power to influence another politicians economics.

Flag Post

Can you believe it? There was only 1 flag in this thread. Whoever said you guys ‘n’ gals were beyond reproach? =)

Good discussion too. Though Zshadow had some influence over some posts, it’s not looking like Swiss cheese as I feared.

Carry on! :)

Flag Post

I have to say that i got to forum mostly after the last summer so i don’t know much of how it was before nut i can say that at least after the start of December the situation is worsened, i hope this can be arranged in some time.

I think I never saw Tyrant forums in worse state than in the Covert Ops/Sparkle Motion era

http://www.kongregate.com/search?q=covert+ops
http://www.kongregate.com/search?q=sparkle+motion

you’ll notice many locked threads there, community was quite upset to say the least
I think if Tyrant survived it will certainly overcome the current situation

Flag Post

Skimming through here I get the feeling an experienced, active tyrant player who has no ties to any faction alliance would be perfect, now the question is; who fits those criteria???

TT

Flag Post
Originally posted by KnowingEyes:

Can you believe it? There was only 1 flag in this thread. Whoever said you guys ‘n’ gals were beyond reproach? =)

Could I ask something. On average, how many flags are there per thread?

Flag Post
Originally posted by KnowingEyes:

I bet that was the “fuck” from an earlier post?
Don’t think anyone said we were beyond reproach. But there are some, err, flamboyant characters around here who have been posting since the game started? that’s like 2 years now? I think due to that it would be good to have a MOD most of the community actually respects, pip being the obvious choice, especially since he was stoically non-alliance of any form during his time of “leading” Prex.
Not sure who else might be best for the job (and who actually wants to do it), probably a whole bunch of options.

Other than that, I guess a MOD coming in and locking things people have been used to not having locked for years caused some reaction, but if you fancy sticking it out, it may pay back in the end…who knows… at least you kinda leave a short reason for your locking (regardless if seen as correct or not). I remember one day seeing stuff removed from my thread with no reason given, that was flag annoying…

Flag Post

I think that a point that most users have not clear is explained well in this hunterhogan topic: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/318461-synapse-should-probably-ignore-you?page=1 .

The point actually is: You don’t own crap. You don’t own any cards, because there is no spoon. (Revert this to the forum.)

Now, the thing to keep in mind is that is NOT a forum of the Tyrant community, this is a Kongregate forum where users that play Tyrant or search information\help about it, this forum is completely public and must be keep under Kongregate rules, maybe a little more tolerance keeping in mind the players can be permitted but not excessively.

The problem is that rules was ignored for so much time that it seem normal to not submit to them and if someone with a more heavy hand will enforce them some users will be upsed but not for this the users have good reasons.

In another forum where i am global moderator after looking at the post we made 2 subforum, one for normal talk and one for more heavy talking so normal users can not be offended, here this is not possible because as i see is “1 game 1 forum” so the forum must be viable for ALL users, if a mexican come here and read some message posted 1-2 days ago can get offended and can even sue Kongregate and Synapticon, those post are probably sarcastic but a newcomer that don’t cnow nothing of this comunity and have anyway the same right to be here can take them for real.

So, please, keep in mind that as a public forum this must be accessible to anyone, tryant player or not, indipendently of the race, lenguage, religion and even age, a child of 10 year or less can read this forum.

If i write here i try to limit myself, if i want to say wat i want i’ll go in a forum where i can do that and if there is no forum like this i will create one myself.

Flag Post

So, please, keep in mind that as a public forum this must be accessible to anyone, tryant player or not, indipendently of the race, lenguage, religion and even age, a child of 10 year or less can read this forum.

I seem to remember the minimum age here should be 13.
And the last time I checked, we don’t make jokes about religion, race, or language, unless we have literally nothing else to poke at. A lot of the ribbing is based on inside stuff.
Oh, and while swear words are thrown around a bit, it doesn’t get serious until the frustration kicks in. Take a guess at how often that is (hint – it’s not particularly low).

Flag Post
Originally posted by darkfang77:

I don’t think a moderator need to be a Tyrant player, also a moderator not need to know the sarcasm and satire of the community, the post must follow existing rules, if those rules are broken a good MOD must do something, certainly some jokes can be tolerated, fun construtive threads, and so on, but threads that make jockes of factions\players can be take as offencive and treathed like that.

What is needed is moderators that read the forum and do a good and fair job.

I disagree, I personally want a mod who knows what the f—- the community are talking about.

half of the posts/threads seem to have no sense to someone who does not play tyrant;
zaraki was perfect because he played tyrant.
a person who does not know anything about the game can not be a forum mod

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shadowhopeful:

To be fair, you should expect anybody to be wary when asked about irl details.

Yep, but I don’t have to be fair, I’m not a moderator ;)

All kidding aside, I like LDV and think she could handle the job without difficulty on the technical and social side, it’s more the ability to be impartial is what I think will not/ever happen, and even if it did, the community’s reaction. She has been associated with skirting the line on many TOS issues, and that tends to get people’s backs up.

Flag Post

If you have legitimate nominations, I’d probably message them to an admin privately.
Believe it or not, through PMs is how most things like this get done. (or through other moderator nominations, also done privately)

Flag Post
Originally posted by TTekkers:

Skimming through here I get the feeling an experienced, active tyrant player who has no ties to any faction alliance would be perfect, now the question is; who fits those criteria???

TT

I already said I would do it…if it doens’t require much time. I don’t want to play the game anymore but it gives me a good reason to hang around with you nubs.

Flag Post

@HunterHogan Rudgutter is the Synapse community manager although I’m not sure of his current role with relation to Tyrant.

Nominations are best done in private messages as VV said. At the moment I do try to check on the forums at least once a day but there is many active moderators that seem to take care of any issues.

Flag Post

I’d nominate MSU if it meant he wouldn’t be allowed to troll anymore.

Flag Post

A few things to note on this….

1. Even if a new/additional mod was given athority over the Tyrant forumn, it would likly still remain that other mods would continue to police the forumn (this is due to the fact that no one mod could possibly be available 24×7 to action posts). So we should still expect to see modding/locking/etc from people who have no context of Tyrant, the players, inside jokes, etc.
  2. If a mod would do his/her job appropriately, and per the Kong TOS, my guess is that you will find that they lock most of the same threads / remove the same posts as we see today (for excessive pyrimids/spam, harassment/cyber bullying, inappropriate language/links/pics, etc).

Now, it might have been edited out of the OP, but what is the reason behind this request? Having a new mod in and of itself won’t help or change anything. It is a means to something, not an end. Is it that we want less restrictions on thread locking/modding? Is it that we want more reasons posted when a posted is removed or thread is locked? Is it that we want someone who plays Tyrant to be the primary/active mod so that the mod has some knowledge of the context of discussions and can more effectivly do the job of modding?

What I would suggest is that we request for the end result of what is is that we want, and let Kong decide on the best means of effectivly and efficently doing that. It might be that this comes in the form of a new mod or mods. It might be something else (such as some quick retraining of existing mods). It might be that what we want, Kong is not willing to deliver (maybe because they do not want to adjust their ToS or make exceptions for this forumn).

Just my $0.02

-Pip

Flag Post

To be quite honest I am quite happy with the job KnowingEyes is doing.

If some people in here really feel the need to troll, meh, I guess we cannot change that, but keep in mind that not everyone shares their point of view on trolling. Personally I really dislike it alot and I would highly assume that if there was less forum trolling, there would be more new players actually bothering to use this forum. A good and recent example is the disrespect JrJetu recieved when he voiced his interest in joining the consortium. Why? Simply because he was not a well known Tyrant vet who played the game from early 2011 onward? This pseudo-elitism clearly hurts the game we all want to enjoy.

That being said, I am affirmative that we do not need new mods because the current ones are not involved enough in the Tyrant community, but rather some more discipline from the community.
Some people just never post anything productive. Ever. (Hi there, ManuelDevil).

To me, making a player like ladolcevita who sees trolling as some kind of art, equals handing a gun over to a criminal. Simply idiotic for obvious reasons.

However, if we are arguing that we need another additional mod because the 2 (?) currently active mods are too busy to focus enough on the community, then I think Hunterhogan, Darkblood1 and TheRealPip would make the best mods, assuming Pip actually wants to do this.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lichtatem:

[W]e do not need new mods because the current ones are not involved enough in the Tyrant community, but rather some more discipline from the community.

QFT.

To me, making a player like ladolcevita who sees trolling as some kind of art, equals handing a gun over to a criminal. Simply idiotic for obvious reasons.

Agreed. My first thought when HH nominated LDV was “HH must be trolling!” (No offense to LDV, of course. But, judging from what I’ve seen, I don’t trust you to be mature or impartial enough to be a suitable mod.)

However, if we are arguing that we need another additional mod because the 2 (?) currently active mods are too busy to focus enough on the community, then I think Hunterhogan, Darkblood1 and TheRealPip would make the best mods, assuming Pip actually wants to do this.

If I was forced to nominate someone, I’d choose Moraku. He has intimate knowledge of the game and, to my best knowledge, has not shown obvious favoritism towards (or bias against) any particular player or faction.

Flag Post

I think I should make all the decisions around here

Flag Post

To be quite honest I am quite happy with the job KnowingEyes is doing.

If some people in here really feel the need to troll, meh, I guess we cannot change that, but keep in mind that not everyone shares their point of view on trolling. Personally I really dislike it alot and I would highly assume that if there was less forum trolling, there would be more new players actually bothering to use this forum. A good and recent example is the disrespect JrJetu recieved when he voiced his interest in joining the consortium. Why? Simply because he was not a well known Tyrant vet who played the game from early 2011 onward? This pseudo-elitism clearly hurts the game we all want to enjoy.

That being said, I am affirmative that we do not need new mods because the current ones are not involved enough in the Tyrant community, but rather some more discipline from the community.

Licht once again summerized most of it :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by zaraki:

@HunterHogan Rudgutter is the Synapse community manager although I’m not sure of his current role with relation to Tyrant.

Nominations are best done in private messages as VV said. At the moment I do try to check on the forums at least once a day but there is many active moderators that seem to take care of any issues.

What are you, then?