Forums Tyrant

[To devs] Nerf Occupation Mission Energy/Repeat Requirements.

98 posts

Flag Post

QQ thread 4.

Originally posted by Moraku:
Originally posted by Shadowhopeful:
Originally posted by crx687:
Originally posted by Shadowhopeful:
Originally posted by DaWayne33:

and the missions will have significantly higher energy costs to accomodate for increased energy

Why?
I’m not following this?
It makes no sense to increase energy requirements, since the rate at which energy is restored has remained the same.
Not only that, but you’re putting pressure on players who have not bought energy upgrades (as if you hadn’t already with the events)
You’re even scaling the rewards. So what’s the point of it?

We’ve been asking for less tedious farming missions (ie from the recent events) for a while, this looks like a good way to bring it about. That said, the things you mentioned can easily be addressed by requiring less repetitions to advance (need 5 wins on a missions that costs 50 energy instead of the current 10 wins at 25e a pop model). We’ll see what the devs choose to go…

That’s the thing.
I just checked the xml. A lot of the missions still require 10 Victories.

Yeah, spending 1000 energy on a single mission is hardly amusing.

Flag Post

I’d be satisfied with a nerf to the number of required victories to complete the high-energy missions.
As it is now, Mission 244 requires 16 hours worth of energy to complete.

Flag Post

I sign this +1

Flag Post
Originally posted by Moraku:

I’d be satisfied with a nerf to the number of required victories to complete the high-energy missions.
As it is now, Mission 244 requires 16 hours worth of energy to complete.

• November

DaWayne33: Hai gais, we are increasing teh maximum energies!

• January

DaWayne33: Hai gais, we are increasing teh energy requirements!

Could at least quadruple our energy gain per minute, if we’re just gonna keep everything the same old boring bullshit. All those changes did in the end, was make us wait 4 times as long so we can make progress. Thanks, devs.

Flag Post

if some of the missions take 16 hours worth of energy to complete im fine with it i don’t want an update of missions that i can beat within a week

Flag Post
Originally posted by metalklok:

if some of the missions take 16 hours worth of energy to complete im fine with it i don’t want an update of missions that i can beat within a week

Flag Post
Originally posted by OMGWTFFFS:

Could at least quadruple our energy gain per minute, if we’re just gonna keep everything the same old boring bullshit. All those changes did in the end, was make us wait 4 times as long so we can make progress. Thanks, devs.

Yeah, this is just energy inflation. Upgrades are not perks if they are required.

All we really need is a way to do the same thing at 4x cost and rewards.

Flag Post
Originally posted by PsychoRaito:

Flag Post

This.

To all moaners: don’t be a crybabies and wait patiently for your free Ocu rares.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MrHen:
Upgrades are not perks if they are required.

This ^

The energy requirements are ridiculous, so here’s my +1

TT

Flag Post

Agreed.

Flag Post

Missions that are hard to beat would be great; missions that are easy but take a long time to beat is not a suitable replacement for difficulty. Otherwise, the missions could take 24 hours worth of energy — or even 40 hours — and still be okay.

Originally posted by Your_Enemy:

To all moaners: don’t be a crybabies and wait patiently for your free Ocu rares.

If they made something challenging that required careful planning and patience to beat I would be ecstatic; but simple spams are beating these missions with little trouble. The issue is not that it takes a long time; the issue is that the long time is boring and uninteresting.

Again, I am not whining about the time it takes to get the rewards. Those are inconsequential as far as I am concerned.

Flag Post

Shadowhopeful beat me to this thread.

Devs, if you wanna make grinding less intensive, then I would encourage you to allow a scalable factor. As in a little text entry box that you can enter how many times you want to do this mission. If you do it before starting the mission and have enough energy for all the “attempts” that you are collapsing into 1, then I don’t see an abuse problem. The real bots are probably gonna keep doing it the old way (not much incentive to change the code already written) and it’s less risky.

Flag Post

+1

The energy is insane.

Flag Post

-1. Players who haven’t bought the gold energy upgrades are dumb. High energy costs reduce grinding. What does it matter if it takes 16 hours to complete a mission?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bascule2000:

-1. Players who haven’t bought the gold energy upgrades are dumb. High energy costs reduce grinding. What does it matter if it takes 16 hours to complete a mission?

Because making it take 16 hours is grinding…

And energy upgrades are one of those things that developers need to be careful with because if you assume people have them you are really hurting newer players.

Flag Post

And energy upgrades are one of those things that developers need to be careful with because if you assume people have them you are really hurting newer players.

Playing constantly for 16 hours would be grinding. This is different, it’s playing for maybe 15 minutes 3 times in a 16 hour period. That’s not grinding.

Newer players with low total energy won’t even have these levels unlocked. You’ll be level 50 before you even get to them.

Flag Post

Playing constantly for 16 hours would be grinding. This is different, it’s playing for maybe 15 minutes 3 times in a 16 hour period. That’s not grinding.

Newer players with low total energy won’t even have these levels unlocked. You’ll be level 50 before you even get to them.

They’ll be too busy buying Nexus packs to buy Energy Upgrades.

Flag Post

i had about 10 energy refills (400 energy) + a level up and at 241 lol i like the gold they give tho :)

Flag Post

exactly when i was in my 50s(levels not years) gold was worthless, why not buy the energy upgrades its like playing other video games and people complaining that they cant beat a boss cause they never bought a upgrade, JUST BUY THE UPGRADE.

Flag Post

It would be better if they just lowered the amount of wins you need. the energy is fine i dont care really what the energy cost is.

Flag Post

+1 There’s really no point in the upgrade if it only makes the game even slower. Playing 1 battle every 1h40 (or 4 battles every 6h40) isn’t interesting at all.

Possible fix: have only the final battle of each mission cost 100 energy.

Flag Post

Yeah, this is a little bit stupid, in that I can’t see any good reasoning behind it at all.

Flag Post

LOL once u finish them u will be hitting skip every time u have full energy anyway. WHO CARES if it take you a few days to finish them jesus stop complaining

Flag Post

Grinding just means doing something repetitively for a reward. It doesn’t matter how spread out the grinding is. For instance: The current raid system is grinding; the component system is grinding.

Typically the word is used to compare the cost to benefit ratio; in this case the grinding is how much energy is required to beat the mission. The rewards for repeating the mission are fine; the only weird thing is how long it takes to consider the mission beat.

But high energy mission costs should be optional. While I like having it as an option I do not like that it is the only option. I felt the same way for the previous event; I don’t have a problem with the last mission being available at that cost. I just don’t think it should have been the only way to play it.

The issue is more complicated than that and, really, well out of scope for this conversation other than to say they need to be careful with them. They have started a dangerous trend with these missions.