Forums Tyrant

[To Devs] Account Sharing

17 posts

Flag Post

Will account sharing ever be stopped, or should people who are unwilling to break the ToS just quit?

Flag Post
Originally posted by greyjones:

Will account sharing ever be stopped, or should people who are unwilling to break the ToS just quit?

Quit

Flag Post

Go and ask that to Kongregate, in Tyrant account sharing and alts is legal, at least it’s not their problem, so is legal.

Now is officially legal to share accounts and use alts in Tyrant

Also, like inorix said, you are already account sharing because we are all account sharers in internet.

Flag Post

The devs already replied to the consortium that they are too lazy to bother enforcing the ToS and that it was Kongregates job (despite developers from many other games on Kongregate managing to do this), thereby rendering the ToS unenforceable in any way shape or form and allowing the cheaters free reign.

Only way to get the Devs to even think about addressing this is to:

• Have people leave the game in droves
    • It is unlikely that this will work as 20% of the community has left since conquest was implemented.
  • Have noone spend any money to buy WB
    • It is unlikely that this will work as many of the account sharers have bots that will fill in surveys for Kreds and therefore WB. This means they outspend most normal players.
  • Have people stop cheating
    • Will never happen as many factions cannot win without cheating, as proved by the fact that they have to gang up 3 or more to 1 to beat MoM or WB

Overall Game is screwed. Nothing more to say really..

Flag Post

Thanks gjw that sums it up pretty well :)

Flag Post

Pretty disappointing the game has unofficially devolved into a cheating contest with no end in sight.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gjw666:

The devs already replied to the consortium that they are too lazy to bother enforcing the ToS and that it was Kongregates job (despite developers from many other games on Kongregate managing to do this), thereby rendering the ToS unenforceable in any way shape or form and allowing the cheaters free reign.

Oh, you again. It is Kongregate’s job; Kongregate is what is supplying the user auth system. If we were playing on Facebook, then it would be _Facebook_’s job to deal with this.

At least you are now admitting that a boycott is futile; although humorously you are now blaming the bots for that too. Even if there were no bot spending — which is actually interesting; I wonder how many WBs are spent by bots… — a boycott would be futile.

•Have people stop cheating ◦Will never happen as many factions cannot win without cheating, as proved by the fact that they have to gang up 3 or more to 1 to beat MoM or WB

How is ganging up related to cheating?

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by MrHen:

Oh, you again. It is Kongregate’s job; Kongregate is what is supplying the user auth system. If we were playing on Facebook, then it would be Facebook’s job to deal with this.

At least you are now admitting that a boycott is futile; although humorously you are now blaming the bots for that too. Even if there were no bot spending — which is actually interesting; I wonder how many WBs are spent by bots… — a boycott would be futile.

•Have people stop cheating ◦Will never happen as many factions cannot win without cheating, as proved by the fact that they have to gang up 3 or more to 1 to beat MoM or WB

How is ganging up related to cheating?

First point -

• It is the developers job to make money.
    • There are two schools of thought amongst others in business, those of make a quick buck and run and make a sustainable business model that can be enduring.
    • I prefer the latter school.
      • To do this you have to keep and attract customers that are going to stay with the organisation or this case game.
      • Allowing people to break the ToS (when they if they chose COULD do something about it) is not good from a sustainable business perspective as it causes:
        • The customers, or players in this case to lose trust
        • When customers lose trust they leave.

Yes Kong is accountable for the sharing, but it is the Developers Responsibility to ensure that those terms are abided by for the good of their own business.

Second point

• I admitted any boycott was futile a long time ago as the majority of the player community couldnt see at the time that account sharing was a problem.
  • A lot more are finally seeing it now, but still not enough.
  • I am not blaming in game bots at all for making a boycott fail; however:
    • There are scripts around to automate survey production
    • Certain things I have heard suggest that they are being used by certain factions to boost WB spent for the multiple Alts that are being run by a single person.
    • This is revenue for the Developers, however it is gained (and this part IS the problem of Kong as it is technically fraudulent activity to gain Kong Credits) and will sway their train of thought when they look at revenue by faction.
      • If their report of revenue by faction shows that income from those factions that ‘cheat’ outweighs the revenue from those factions that dont, on a short term view basis, it is the correct decision to encourage cheating.

Third point

It is the WAY that the ganging up occurs, with tile swapping and 7 or more factions all travelling half the board to hit one faction they dislike by swarming them with activity that no ‘normal’ player who doesnt cheat can match.

• Four conquests a day with 30 people hitting each conquest is not normal activity unless you are telling me that people in those factions do not sleep!
  • This suggests a win at any costs mentality which to me is quite distasteful and personally is something which I try and discourage

Flag Post

Just to get something of the table, I have an Alt- RedlawExtra. I use him when I am bored and have run out of energy, in no way have I used him to better my real account or anyone that I know of. It is in his own faction.

I used to also go on another account (which only I had access to) called SpeedOfARock, this account is inactive. It did join a faction however I made sure to tell the leader of the faction on Faction chat. It has now since left the faction.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Redlaw:

Just to get something of the table, I have an Alt- RedlawExtra. I use him when I am bored and have run out of energy, in no way have I used him to better my real account or anyone that I know of. It is in his own faction.

I used to also go on another account (which only I had access to) called SpeedOfARock, this account is inactive. It did join a faction however I made sure to tell the leader of the faction on Faction chat. It has now since left the faction.

Perhaps ‘Alts Anonymous’ might be able to help you.

Flag Post

While account sharing is indeed breaking Kong ToS, people mostly do it via canvas links so Kongregate doesn’t have any way to detect it. On the other hand, devs could do it easily if they wanted. However, enforcing the ToS would result in a huge chunk of the daily players disappearing (many shared accounts belong to players who long ago quit the game) which is probably scaring devs. Losing hundreds of “players” would make Tyrant even more of a ghost city and that would probably result in even more players leaving.

Alts are another case as Kongregate doesn’t forbid you of making alts (at least I failed to find anything about this in the ToS). Tyrant has strict rules about alts but those rules are not enforced at all. Some players have a lot of high level alts and there are teams of players who all share their alts among themselves which gives them a tremendous advantage over everyone else.

At least, botting is not that much of a problem as it used to be, because so far no one came up with a nice conquesting bot or if they did, they are good at keeping a low profile. Many accounts are botted on missions though which gives them bigger card pools.

Anyway, nothing is going to change unless you do something that will scare devs more than the implications of enforcing ToS. Maybe just quit altogether, there are many other nice games. ;]

Flag Post
Originally posted by Redlaw:

burn the Heretic!

Second point

• however:

• There are scripts around to automate survey production
    • Certain things I have heard suggest that they are being used by certain factions to boost WB spent for the multiple Alts that are being run by a single person.
    • This is revenue for the Developers, however it is gained (and this part IS the problem of Kong as it is technically fraudulent activity to gain Kong Credits) and will sway their train of thought when they look at revenue by faction.

1. How stupid is it, to have scripts for surveys and not boost your main account?

2. If such a script does exist and can answer a survey and get money from that (and this i seriously doubt), then the money are legitimately earned by the bot creator, and legitimately PAID for by the survey company to Kong, then converted into credits for the player.
This is not cheating. If you can do that script, these companies would pay you to get it, and they (unknowingly) “hire” their use if such scripts exist now.

Third point

It is the WAY that the ganging up occurs, with tile swapping and 7 or more factions all travelling half the board to hit one faction they dislike by swarming them with activity that no ‘normal’ player who doesnt cheat can match.

• Four conquests a day with 30 people hitting each conquest is not normal activity unless you are telling me that people in those factions do not sleep!
  • This suggests a win at any costs mentality which to me is quite distasteful and personally is something which I try and discourage

I completely agree on that, but its not cheating, it is the rules of the game as the devs made it.
Conquest needs a change of mechanics, because currently any 4 top 20 factions together can beat up any of the top 3 factions alone.
So anyone in an alliance will succeed, and everyone else will be wiped out, regardless of faction strength. How unfair is that?
But it’s not cheating….

Flag Post

Synapticon:"" This summary is often taking things out of context, and in some cases is completely wrong. Specifically this:

“Account sharing issues.
^ Account sharing and alts are now OFFICIALLY legal! :D”

No. Account sharing is illegal according to Kongregate’s ToS.""

so stop share your account, it is illegal and called cheating, and you should be banned for this

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheGil:

Synapticon:"" This summary is often taking things out of context, and in some cases is completely wrong. Specifically this:

“Account sharing issues.
^ Account sharing and alts are now OFFICIALLY legal! :D”

No. Account sharing is illegal according to Kongregate’s ToS.""

so stop share your account, it is illegal and called cheating, and you should be banned for this

lol gonna be interesting to see what Kong have to say about their own TOS :P

Flag Post

We can read lines from all kinds of admins all day long about what’s against the ToS and what can get you banned. But it’s all meaningless since there doesn’t seem to be any kind of enforcement whatsoever.

Flag Post

UMM nobody is account sharing so why you rage still?