Forums Tyrant

petition: buff mystic obelisk!

53 posts

Flag Post

With a bunch of card upgrades coming up soon, as can be seen here: http://haileon.com/TyrantDEV I was thinking it’s not enough. With these sick buffs to malgoth, fenrir and odin, I can’t help but think that another legendary that never truly shone is the mystic obelisk. If we’re going to make horrifically (over)powerful cards out of mediocre old ones, I feel that mystic obelisk should be included.

Yes, I have a mystic obelisk, had it forever and I want it to see some use.

Flag Post
Originally posted by d00n:

The question is, do you have TWO copies of Mystic Obelisk. xD

Flag Post

With a bunch of card upgrades coming up soon, as can be seen here: http://haileon.com/TyrantDEV I was thinking it’s not enough. With these sick buffs to malgoth, fenrir and odin, I can’t help but think that another legendary that never truly shone is the mystic obelisk. If we’re going to make horrifically (over)powerful cards out of mediocre old ones, I feel that mystic obelisk should be included.

This is a terrible troll thread.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shadowhopeful:

I’m perfectly sincere, mystic obelisk is hugely underpowered but it has great flavor. It ought to see some use in the meta. I thought just taking 1 delay off would be ok.

Flag Post

I’m perfectly sincere, mystic obelisk is hugely underpowered but it has great flavor. It ought to see some use in the meta. I thought just taking 1 delay off would be ok.

You dodged my point.

Flag Post

You dodged my point.

How can it be a troll thread if I mean every word I say here. Please explain what you mean by ‘terrible troll thread’ and I might be able to respond without ‘dodging your point’

Flag Post

its a troll thread cause you said the buffs to malgoth were sick they were not sick and he will still be useless

Flag Post

You dodged my point.

How can it be a troll thread if I mean every word I say here.

I was thinking it’s not enough. With these sick buffs to malgoth, fenrir and odin, I can’t help but think that another legendary that never truly shone is the mystic obelisk.

With these sick buffs to malgoth, fenrir and odin

sick buffs to malgoth

If my point is not clear by now, seriously consider what you type next.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JohnM275:

its a troll thread cause you said the buffs to malgoth were sick they were not sick and he will still be useless

Because rally all 2 and heal all 2 with 10 hp for 3 turns is just not enough. I wonder what happens when you put the new malgoth and this gnorlock guy together. Even if the buff to malgoth isn’t that significant, my point still stands. Mystic obelisk is too weak and should be included in a buff list sometime. The fact that one part of what I said is not, in your opinion, correct does not directly influence any other point I make.

Flag Post
I wonder what happens when you put the new malgoth and this gnorlock guy together.

You die to fear.

Originally posted by Moraku:

The question is, do you have TWO copies of Mystic Obelisk. xD

This too.

Flag Post

You dodged my point.

How can it be a troll thread if I mean every word I say here.

I was thinking it’s not enough. With these sick buffs to malgoth, fenrir and odin, I can’t help but think that another legendary that never truly shone is the mystic obelisk.

With these sick buffs to malgoth, fenrir and odin

sick buffs to malgoth

also to support SDH, Mystic obelisk is fine as it is, its the opposite of righteous hold (also 4 wait). 3 wait would be OP with evade and regen.

Flag Post

First of all righteous hold is also mediocre because of its wait time. Also, protect is in many respects simply a better skill than enfeeble, making a 4-wait structure with protect all 2 rather better than one with enfeeble all 2. But you’re all still serving my purpose by posting in this thread, thereby increasing the odds that more people see it. Although I have no illusions about whose side those people will be on.

Flag Post

Pro-Tip: tell what petition is about “Upgrade Mystic Obelisk” in thread title so more eyes see idea.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Perfs:

Pro-Tip: tell what petition is about “Upgrade Mystic Obelisk” in thread title so more eyes see idea.

Finally someone says something useful!

Flag Post

I’m afraid you are simply deluded, Protect and enfeeble are different sides of the same coin, much like rally all and weaken all. In fact, it may be argued that enfeeble all 2 is better as we remember the Draco analogue where Rally All 1 commanders are OP as it would very powerful against every deck that did not run Draco.

Similarly, 4-wait is simply out of meta atm, it is not ‘mediocre’, Righteous hold has few defensive skills as you might want it to die so to release Defiant, the PA2 is simply an added bonus to a 2 wait defiant in my opinion.

But you’re still serving my purpose by replying in the thread by showing everyone what a fool you are.

Flag Post

If mystic obelisk is as good as righteous hold, please explain why RH saw so much more use than obelisk ever did. If you do that I will abandon this thread and never speak of this again.

Flag Post

If mystic obelisk is as good as righteous hold, please explain why RH saw so much more use than obelisk ever did. If you do that I will abandon this thread and never speak of this again.

I’ve seen MO once in standards. I’ve seen RH twice in Standards.
That’s 200% compared to MO.
/thread.

Flag Post

RH is free (shards), MO is a blight legendary, when it was in QS meta, I remember DarkBlood1 used MO with EQGs and some SA1 card and Draco to consistently get 1% every 5/10k standard, this no longer happens with RH when it came out because there were simply better cards in meta when BoD and Epicentre with the intermediate to Phobos/PA, then Svetlana came along with Protect, which prevent strikes from being as effective, helidusters also came in, and siege etc, as well as sycos, now my memory is hazy here but for a while the meta was svet, fear or RSR.

Then shard packs came along and Zarak/SK dominated for a short while before hydra and sabre buffs with events pushed QS into meta. Terminus then came again, with Assailants being available to many, which changed meta again a little more. At this point RSR was dead due to siege and rapiers. Stav-bow decks are pretty heavy today so RSR are fairly rare. MO not used as we can use assault legendaries to kill sabres, and EA2 is better used with IM, 4 wait too long, which is why RSR lost out as the slow was critical.

Flag Post

I was going to say something about cutting down on the pyramids unless you want this to get locked, but I see now your true guile. Carry on, subtle forum manipulators.

Flag Post

the funny thing is that the OP does half of the pyramids..

Flag Post

In short, both RH and MO are decent legendaries, but waaaay to slow to be effective in the current meta, also malgoth still seems more than a little crap after upgrades.

TT

Flag Post
Originally posted by Qwandri:

I was going to say something about cutting down on the pyramids unless you want this to get locked, but I see now your true guile. Carry on, subtle forum manipulators.

3rd Post says it all.

Flag Post

At the time RH came out there was a way to get it for free. MO has only recently been free to get. MO used to be used with EQGs.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 00craigs:

At the time RH came out there was a way to get it for free. MO has only recently been free to get. MO used to be used with EQGs.

Soulsteel mount is more popular due to blitz.

Flag Post

mystic obelisk is fine where it is. its so hard to kill. And I actually do agree that the malgoth buff is pretty sweet. Imagine that in an egg deck.