Forums Tyrant

Buying Awakening in Vault

14 posts

Flag Post

Is it worth buying Awakening and Terminus cards in the vault at all? Because getting keep and zarak from awakening packs is going to take a heck of a lot of time.
And, as I say in my next post and LDV has in hers, it’s not worth buying awakening packs any more.

Flag Post
Originally posted by nookknock:

Is it worth buying Awakening and Terminus cards in the vault at all? Because getting keep and zarak from awakening packs is going to take a heck of a lot of time.

I spend almost all of my shards on Terminus. The ratio of good rares/legendaries to poor ones in Terminus appears to be superior than that for awakening and any of the occupation packs (especially at a steep 15 shards per pack).

Flag Post

Yes, I buy terminus exclusively with shards too (now). I’m asking whether it’s worth buying awakening rares from the vault, because I’m not going to buy the packs anyway.

Flag Post
Originally posted by nookknock:

Yes, I buy terminus exclusively with shards too (now). I’m asking whether it’s worth buying awakening rares from the vault, because I’m not going to buy the packs anyway.

Yep. That’s what I did basically. But I got lucky with my draws early on and I’m not missing a lot of good cards (I bought keep and may buy one more monarch, but that’s it).

Flag Post

Lucky… The only good rares IMO that I have are Rust Egress, Bulwark and Eviscerator. (haven’t found a use for Kleave)
This is unrelated, but are flesh reapers useful now?
Thanks for you advice btw.

Flag Post

I have 2 Flesh Reaper and I cant use them in only one deck, so i dont recommend to buy an extra one.

Check this topic: HH $50 challenge.

Flag Post

My list of currently usable cards of Awakening Pack:

• 2+ Atelier
  • 1-2 Zarak
  • 1 Enclave Siegeship
  • 2+ Monarch
  • 1 Bulwark Guard
  • 1-2 Shuddering Keep

My list of currently usable cards of Terminus Pack:

• 2+ Phantasm
  • 1 Lightning Strider
  • 1 Lord Halcyon
  • 1-2 Metalworks

With those cards and 2 Rapier you can easily compete in the meta, everywhere, tournaments or surge.

Flag Post

I would say that legendaries in awakening are worse than what you could find in terminus so buy terminus to get a legendary shot and grab whatever else you need from awakening in vault.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Viiew:

I would say that legendaries in awakening are mostly craps so buy terminus to get a legendary shot and grab whatever else you need from awakening in vault.

Yes, Soulsteel Mount is the most important legendary, then Silver Edge, Scale Hull and Blood Wraith, but they are not really useful, always Heracles/Marrow are a better choice.

Current wall stall meta:

Flag Post

Thanks guys. I currently only have 27 WB :(, so only one card from vault for me.
I have no zarak, no monarch, no keep, no halcyon, no lightning strider. I unfortunately only have 1 rapier because I was quite busy during the event (end of year exams). I’ll probably continue buying terminus until I have enough stuff.
Also my question about flesh reaper was because I recently got one from terminus and they used to be useful (?).
I won’t be free enough for high level factions, but it’ll help in tournaments to have a good deck.

Flag Post

Tonight i decided to try a thing, find Severed Ennlightenment with packs buying occupation pack 3, is a little set, how much is hard?

I needed 49 packs (1225 WB in total) to finally found him, i got at max 6 of a rare (2 in fact) and 4 time the same rare in a row.

That was just a way to see how can go a card draw with a mini set, with a full set much more packs will be needed, is impossibile with shard and insane with WB.

Now i have am completely sure, buy pack with WB is useless or near, buy gold pack\shard pack that cost 10 is ok, for all the other cards only the minimum needed got in vault.

So yes, buying Awakening in vault is good, get Terminus\awakening with shards when you have 10 and switch to occupation when it will be available.

No i have to get 2-3 metalwork and after i will not tuch other cards until i really need one (probably the next expansion).

Flag Post

The only thing I’m worried about with Occupation is that that ^^ Severed Enlightenment, but I’m not sure whether paying 15 shards to try and get it now is worth it, because I’m worried the devs might combine all three occupation packs and then there is a so much smaller chance of getting it, and many more shards will be wasted on crap rares that shouldn’t be rares.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkBlood1:

I have 2 Flesh Reaper and I cant use them in only one deck, so i dont recommend to buy an extra one.

Check this topic: HH $50 challenge.

Well I got good results with these in some 2h tourney recently :)

Not too bad for a troll :P

Flag Post

Enix, the legendary Sulfuris Troll has returned. XD