Forums Tyrant

Tyrant Sportsmanship: A Suggestion page 2

105 posts

Flag Post

It would be a sign of gratitude sending us leading factions of the alliance instead of servant factions.

Servant as in those factions that have been doing all the work, losing FP and stamina and more importantly getting 1 less token per day than those 4 factions that just sit (and objectively at least a couple of those factions are way way worse than the lemming ones that get less tokens).

Flag Post
Originally posted by Clanard:

Refrain from insults. I did not insult you and I expect the same courtesy!

Apart from that: continue the QQ if it gives you joy I really dont care.
This whole descussion reminds me of a man who puts his hand in a hornets nest and then complains that he got stung.

that’d be the case if i did qq…
but i’m not… i just get angry when i see wildy incorrect and/or stupid responses. and you didn’t/couldn’t respond to any of my points. but this is the internet.
so lemme leave the thread… and leave you to your own…

Flag Post

What this imaginary scenario needs is another couple of active factions to declare their allegiance to the cause of anarchy, revolution, and actually having some fun.

Flag Post

Do Wb provide action and excitement to other factions? and no one is thankful with wb…… probably they are not excited from your work.
Do you think that you create excitement in one person that wanna peace?
If you wanna war, search before people that wanna war and…

Do you wanna a home? and do you wanna create excitement (based on conquest)?
If you wanna a home, you’ll must stand in one position without conquest (max you made conquest if someone try to attack you), but we all know that you wanna fight all around the map
Mom, evocati, … find a home… not you (and they were in the same situation of you).
Probably also big factions want peace over long time…
…and i wanna peace… i don’t like wb.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Griever514:

It would be a sign of gratitude sending us leading factions of the alliance instead of servant factions.

Servant as in those factions that have been doing all the work, losing FP and stamina and more importantly getting 1 less token per day than those 4 factions that just sit (and objectively at least a couple of those factions are way way worse than the lemming ones that get less tokens).

The worse factions should be applauded for getting into a better position than the stronger allies.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Spada84:

Do Wb provide action and excitement to other factions? and no one is thankful with wb…… probably they are not excited from your work.

If you wanna a home, you’ll must stand in one position without conquest (max you made conquest if someone try to attack you), but we all know that you wanna fight all around the map
Mom, evocati, … find a home… not you (and they were in the same situation of you).

Well, since the whole argument of the alliance is that they just want to “enjoy” conquest wars I would think all of them will be happy to get some action. If you want to go ahead and admit that you only use your friends to maximize token gains and control the map I will stop giving you all crap for not showing the proper appreciation for WBs hard work.

Flag Post

Spada… It’s useless, they can’t understand the way we see the game: we are too different; and different doesn’t mean better… It means different.
Probably it’s because we all are casual players, instead they are hardcore players. Maybe that’s also the reason why I don’t understand all the hate that rules this game.

Flag Post

I don’t like the false…so tell the truth, or understand it…
We don’t use our friends!
All faction of the alliance are in the alliance for some reasons, maybe different and you don’t know it… Reasons that probably are present also in the previous map…
I don’t speak on behalf of the alliance… i talk for me and i already told you what i think of you.
For me peace is the first thing→i’ve got a home…for me is better if i take many tokens, but this is not the reason that we’re in the alliance, the reason that we’re in are previous that system of tokens, so…
Vagrant told the rest of the answer

Flag Post

All faction of the alliance are in the alliance for some reasons, maybe different and you don’t know it… Reasons that probably are present also in the previous map…
I don’t speak on behalf of the alliance… i talk for me and i already told you what i think of you.
For me peace is the first thing→i’ve got a home…for me is better if i take many tokens, but this is not the reason that we’re in the alliance, the reason that we’re in are previous that system of tokens, so…

1. Scared of losing FP (lol)
  2. Scared of being the subject of a gank (lol)
  3. Illuminati
  4. Scared of being ganked after leaving
  5. Scared of BW (lolololol)
  6. Scared of admitting you’re wrong (lol)
  7. Scared of Losing CQ rating for Tokens (lol)
  8. Absorb half the map (not funny)

Flag Post

Another that think to know the all…ok, demonstrate the truth shadow…explain the 8 points and see if you’re right…
You already got off on the wrong foot (you can’t know what i think, but you told to all that i’m thinking in this way)

Flag Post

Oppan gangnam style op op,
sexy raydehs, oppan gangnam style.

Flag Post

well, i can perfectly understand the need for security.
but where is the fun in that? tokens or faction rewards aren’t bringing fun. conquests do… more fun than faction wars… at least for me… seems to me shadow’s post highlights all this in another way.

anyway, there are other opinions sure, but i strongly dislike the idea that a set of individuals control the map and ‘are playing puppet master’

implications of that should be understandable… and sometime one has to fight not only to protect his home, but to earn his freedom. freedom to have fun on this particular occasion…

Flag Post

You may not like the false, but you seem to still tell it regularly due to being misinformed.
You do use your allies.
Honestly, it took 3 alliance factions to defeat Prex, and even that took multiple tries (noobz/BW/xcom failing numerous times on tiles). Given that, I think most of us know the reason you lot are in an alliance.
Irrelevant to anything.
Tell that to Brags, Prex, Dragons, TRH, or any of the other neutral factions that your alliance ganged up on.
Vagrant also said that BW, BB, Berzerkers, and BiA would give all the tiles back to TRH that they had taken. Is that really the guy you want to believe?

Flag Post

Fun for me is my chat, my friends (i play in italian… we made meetings in real life, this is fun… maybe devs can help to find people of the same country…). also i prefer security not fun many times…
I understand fight for freedom, but i was talking of “home of msuspartan”.
I don’t wanna translate the words of shadow, because i don’t read their mind, he can explain their points… thror read also that shadow answer to me…

OOhnirav… you don’t know the reason why we are allied…
and sure i must not know everything, i don’t know about prex x-com… i’m in italian and we never touch prex in conquest…(the alliance don’t play like an only big faction…)
I know about brags and doesn’t seem so neutral……About trh…

The problem is also for me what thror said “i strongly dislike the idea that a set of individuals control the map and ‘are playing puppet master’”… (the system of token want a puppet master stronger than…a little puppet master…and so on)… some days ago i made a suggestion and no one said nothing…
[To devz] Idea 27\01\2013

Flag Post

so you are in for stability in the game right?
then why did you left neutrality and joined the greater alliance? Protection from WB?
But WB never picked on any faction not in the alliance… In my knowledge, it was created to fight the problem of alliances… (yes, many ppl and many ideas are inside a faction, and i guess only leader has the right to speak on that – so that’s only what i know, not official)

As for your suggestion… there have been quite a lot ideas posted, but the devs haven’t done anything other than fixing tileswapping.. it’s on their hands, but it is also on ours (the players) to make it fun on our own.

particularly, the idea to do conquest more collaboratively appeals to me,
the idea with many maps has been already suggested and is not bad, but (imo) tyrant needs simpler mechanics,
and the rest you say needs more explaining… ;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by OOHnirav:

You may not like the false, but you seem to still tell it regularly due to being misinformed.
You do use your allies.
Honestly, it took 3 alliance factions to defeat Prex, and even that took multiple tries (noobz/BW/xcom failing numerous times on tiles). Given that, I think most of us know the reason you lot are in an alliance.
Irrelevant to anything.
Tell that to Brags, Prex, Dragons, TRH, or any of the other neutral factions that your alliance ganged up on.
Vagrant also said that BW, BB, Berzerkers, and BiA would give all the tiles back to TRH that they had taken. Is that really the guy you want to believe?

Hi,
I’m not a BW player.
I said I was sure they were going to give tiles back to TRH, because they don’t need it. BTW I didn’t attack TRH, I can’t take decision for BW and I don’t even know if trh had its tiles back or not.

Stop giving us fault for things we have never done: we didn’t attack Prex, Brags or Dragons (and about Dragons, they were the ones to start an offensive). We fought MoM (they know the reason why, and they also know that we weren’t happy to fight and that we tried to avoid that big war), then WB for self defense (Yes, because nobody believes that you are interested in grow your cr and fp: you simply want to rape other factions fp)…
We didn’t receive any tile from the alliance, and 90% if our tiles were taken were neutral or from very small factions; we have only 1cr5 and 2cr3, we are not even in the midlle and we were never interested in going for 75cr or in controlling the map.
So what do you want from us? Which bad things Italian done?

P.S. With “you use your allies” I don’t even understand what you mean: we always fought direclty, never used anyone.

Flag Post

no fault for something your alliance did? they why did you join that alliance? why are you with them now?
edited to get my facts straight :P
also WB invaded GSG only coz they were alliance, and too weak to have tiles when other, much stronger factions have none. Then Germans hit us. You just helped Germans, and the greater alliance…. so noone invaded personally you. it was just alliancing stupidly protecting allied factions too weak to survive on their own, while at the same time preventing better factions (and i don’t mean specifically WB – but WB could fight the germans and italians too) from having tiles /edit

also also,that we are not interested in tokens is wrong. It is just that we first and foremost not only want to be free from alliance rule, but we dislike the existence of such ruling factions . Do YOU like being told what to do?

Flag Post

I’m not interested in tokens.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MSUSpartan3096:

I have noticed recently that there is a very large gap in sportsmanship these days. Let’s take a look at a case study (All names have been changed to protect the faction’s identity):

Case Study 1 (Proper respect): On the conquest map there is a small faction (Let’s them Winged Buffaloes…or WB).

WB is just trying to establish a small space on the conquest map, like a number of smaller factions. Constantly fighting for the little guys, they just want to find a home.

However, a number of larger factions (Let’s call them Irritating Tools Acting Like Infinitely Awesome Noobs (Italian), Genuinely Embarrassing Rubes Merely Emulating Natural Skill (Germans) and Nitwits Observed Obediently Ganging Zones (Noobsz)) keep attacking them in a constant 3 v 1 scenario.

Yet, there are no whispers of gratitude, no PM’s of thankfulness, no forum posts giving praise to WB for providing action and excitement to factions who would clearly be sitting on their horde of tiles getting fat off collecting tokens.

A lesson for all the other factions out there, if you are provided with excitement in conquest from a faction, especially if a single faction is providing fun for a multitude of factions…give them some thanks. Where I come from it is customary to at least buy dinner before you take advantage of someone.

i lolled so hard

Flag Post

I guess what this thread really needs is a statement what you really want.
Are you complaining that you have no Tokens?
Are you complaining that you cant win alone against a team of 3?
Are you complaining that your brand of fun doesnt appeal to everybody else?
Do you QQ because some factions help each other out against an aggressor (that being you)?
Do you want to suggest that conquest is broken because it doesnt support the way you like to play the game?

Maybe some clear statements would help here. The initial question “are you thankful for the fun WB brought” seems to have been answered already. Seems its more a question of “are you having fun”?

Flag Post

i do respond to people that merit reponses… of everyone else, i cannot say..

Flag Post
Originally posted by thror13:

no fault for something your alliance did? they why did you join that alliance? why are you with them now?
also WB invaded the GSG only coz they were alliance, and too weak to have tiles when other, much stronger factions have none. Then Germans hit us. You just helped Germans, and the greater alliance…. so noone invaded personally you.

also also,that we are not interested in tokens is wrong. It is just that we first and foremost not only want to be free from alliance rule, but we dislike the existence of such ruling factions . Do YOU like being told what to do?

What you seem to not understand is that “the alliance” is not a big entity, a single mind. There are many factions with different behaviours, rules, goals, ideas.
So, no: I’m not responsible for what other factions do, I can respond only for what my faction does; and I’m not responsible because we are talking about actions we didn’t make and decisions we didn’t take: I can’t say to other factions what to do. I’m not the one who attacked TRH and I didn’t make any plan to attack them or invade them, I don’t even know how TRH and the other factions in the area solved the situation and if TRH had its tiles back.

Do you have something against Italian and you don’t like us? Obviously you are free to do that. But at least base your opinion on what we make or do; and it seems you know really few about our opinions on conquests, fights and relation with the other players.

We attacked you when you was 2 tiles away from us.
Why we attacked you? Because we see you as a menace, we were sure you were going to invade our territory; and that means losing tons of FP, killing morale of my members and destroying 2 years of efforts to try to stay in top 10 with a mono-nation faction.

Flag Post

I wonder how is it called? Stockholm syndrome? The ones who were frightened by alliance start to protect it the most…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Clanard:

I guess what this thread really needs is a statement what you really want.
Are you complaining that you have no Tokens?
Are you complaining that you cant win alone against a team of 3?
Are you complaining that your brand of fun doesnt appeal to everybody else?
Do you QQ because some factions help each other out against an aggressor (that being you)?
Do you want to suggest that conquest is broken because it doesnt support the way you like to play the game?

Maybe some clear statements would help here. The initial question “are you thankful for the fun WB brought” seems to have been answered already. Seems its more a question of “are you having fun”?

I yearn for a conquest system that is modeled after the infamy style of faction wars. Your “fun” of defeating aggressors is very similar to the rampant ganging of faction play long ago, which decimated the player base (in case you haven’t been around that long). That is what I would like. Just remember that without WB ruining your idea of “fun”…you guys would literally have nothing to do but log in and collect tokens, and if I am not mistaken…the alliance was created as a means of not letting your idea of “fun” exist.

@Vagrant: Killing your morale and undoing 2 years of hard work is a bit of a stretch. Your faction…just like any other should be proud it has stayed around for 2 years, because your presence in the top 10 has strictly been a result of quality factions disbanding.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vagrant1985:
Originally posted by thror13:

also WB invaded the GSG only coz they were alliance, and too weak to have tiles when other, much stronger factions have none. Then Germans hit us. You just helped Germans, and the greater alliance…. so noone invaded personally you.

What you seem to not understand is that “the alliance” is not a big entity, a single mind. There are many factions with different behaviours, rules, goals, ideas.
So, no: I’m not responsible for what other factions do, I can respond only for what my faction does; and I’m not responsible because we are talking about actions we didn’t make and decisions we didn’t take: I can’t say to other factions what to do. I’m not the one who attacked TRH and I didn’t make any plan to attack them or invade them, I don’t even know how TRH and the other factions in the area solved the situation and if TRH had its tiles back.

Do you have something against Italian and you don’t like us? Obviously you are free to do that. But at least base your opinion on what we make or do; and it seems you know really few about our opinions on conquests, fights and relation with the other players.

We attacked you when you was 2 tiles away from us.
Why we attacked you? Because we see you as a menace, we were sure you were going to invade our territory; and that means losing tons of FP, killing morale of my members and destroying 2 years of efforts to try to stay in top 10 with a mono-nation faction.

all that WITHOUT contacting our leader?
does this feel right to you?

aand, if WB did attack, say, bad beat – northern edge, would you cross half the map just to participate in the ganking?