Forums Tyrant

Balor vrs. HoC

19 posts

Flag Post

Can’t find any logical reason to use him instead.

Even in an all strike deck (to make bank on enfeeble all 2)… 4 wait will never trigger, assuming he survives, assuming he is first in the row for the strikes to even benefit. Engulfing Horror is still better IMO due to refresh!

His pathetic attack will hardly every proc the chaos all ability.

I always want HoC as soon as possible by comparison.

Balor, I don’t even really care if he shows up or not. He doesn’t make any decks that I can see… HoC is simply better in every deck Balor would want to go in.

I WANT to make a good deck with this guy, but I just don’t see it… so where should he go?

Flag Post

Pummpool

But seriously, 4-Wait is dead weight in the metagame.

Flag Post

of course HOC is better but don’t underestimate Balor survivability, his stun could keep him alive and put monarch in front of him for extra supply. Right now though, he’s great for missions/raids/quests, haven’t found a deck for pvp yet.

Flag Post

well i think things would turn around if the devs got off their asses and fixed the worst mistake they ever made, and that would be fear. honestly how stupid do you have to be to make all of these combat skills yet failed to make a good antifear ability,

heres the solution,

Courage: Defensive – Assault units directly across from this with Fear cannot attack the commander directly

with fear thoroughly taken care of we can get back to everything else

Flag Post
Originally posted by Crimsoneye:

well i think things would turn around if the devs got off their asses and fixed the worst mistake they ever made, and that would be fear. honestly how stupid do you have to be to make all of these combat skills yet failed to make a good antifear ability,

heres the solution,

Courage: Defensive – Assault units directly across from this with Fear cannot attack the commander directly

with fear thoroughly taken care of we can get back to everythin

Agreed.

The noob TI patrol has gone rampant way too long in this game. It is ridiculous that a deck that can be built extremely early in the game, with only gold cards that don’t even depend on pack opening luck to get can be such a gigantic threat that every single deck out there simply MUST have countermeasures against it. Countermeasures which, btw, usually severely cripple your deck, since they require much more than one or two cards to work consistently.
It is extremely difficult to make a deck that counters TI and doesn’t fail horribly to everything else, and yes I have played around with all of the new cards. Either make a direct counter skill to fear, or nerf Tactical infiltrators/Hornet Drones. The other upgraded fear cards, including GS, which is WB only, are much easier to dispatch.

Flag Post

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

courage wouldn’t help much. sorry. but i’m not gonna get a deck full of courage cards that are otherwise useless. THey might be fear but would be useless against wallstall or other 4 wait cards. What they really need is more counter 2 or strike all 1 type walls. THAT would kill off fear. Its already in the meta. They just won’t do it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by OMGWTFFFS:

heres the solution,

Agreed.

The noob TI patrol has gone rampant way too long in this game. It is ridiculous that a deck that can be built extremely early in the game, with only gold cards that don’t even depend on pack opening luck to get can be such a gigantic threat that every single deck out there simply MUST have countermeasures against it. Countermeasures which, btw, usually severely cripple your deck, since they require much more than one or two cards to work consistently.
It is extremely difficult to make a deck that counters TI and doesn’t fail horribly to everything else, and yes I have played around with all of the new cards. Either make a direct counter skill to fear, or nerf Tactical infiltrators/Hornet Drones. The other upgraded fear cards, including GS, which is WB only, are much easier to dispatch.

Brute force is lacking these days.

Flag Post

heres the solution,

Agreed.

U mad brah? Better solution is to buff Sycos if you want to get rid of TI. :P Fear is simply a great way to play the game; it’s much better than summon freezing everyone’s browsers in early Awakening days. That made me quit for a few months.

Flag Post

heres the solution,

Agreed.

that don’t even depend on pack opening luck to get

@ Crimsoneye
lol Wall and Siphon work just fine for me :b
@ OMG
Yes because out of my several packs of term (None WBed btw) I still have 0 E-vail (Which without it TI just suck) yet my 5 Scimitart Exosuits

Flag Post

Well, to use HoC you must have plaed the event, got enough points and got the card or you maybe do this in future when old event will made replayable for cards.

In the case above you have your precious HoC to be used as you like, if not you have to wait to the card to be added to the Promo Vault and buy it with 175 WB (or again wait for old event take II).

If you don’t have HoC you can get Balor even for free with shards so you can have a point on using it.

Flag Post

want fear counters?

Greatwall
-/9/1
Armored 2
Summon raider wall on attacked
Wall

Sunray
6/9/4
Antiair 3
Berserk 1 on threat
Summon mirror wall on play on threat
on threat triggers when commander takes damage

Dismantler
2/5/1
Disarm
Flurry 1

Beck
14hp
Regenerate 4
Disarm on attacked
Stun

Disarm dmg dependent 50% chance to permanently remove 1 random skill from enemy

Flag Post

Don’t say that, I have 4 Balor and 0 HoC :(

Flag Post

Fear counter and a big troll
Legendary righteous structure
Bridge of Fate
0/10/0
Wall
Summon bridge of destiny on attack
Refresh

Flag Post

HoC is an odd card to compare with because it’s far more useful inactive than it is active. If it becomes active, it becomes vulnerable to a whole array of nasties such as counter, on attacked skills, stun, and jam (which prevents its on attacked skills from activating).

Flag Post

@BenchBreaker:

- Great wall is good, if armor work even with Siege it will be a great defence, maybe even enough to be unique (and is -/9/0, no poin on 1 wait if it have no activation ability that need it.

- Sunray: on Threat is an interesting addition, i think devs can take it in serious in consideration.

- Disarm: No thanks, really, to much confusing and tide-changing.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BenchBreaker:

want fear counters?

Greatwall
-/9/1
Armored 2
Summon raider wall on attacked
Wall

Sunray
6/9/4
Antiair 3
Berserk 1 on threat
Summon mirror wall on play on threat
on threat triggers when commander takes damage

Dismantler
2/5/1
Disarm
Flurry 1

Beck
14hp
Regenerate 4
Disarm on attacked
Stun

Disarm dmg dependent 50% chance to permanently remove 1 random skill from enemy

a.k.a the cards we’ll see in Tyrant 2015 ;)

Flag Post

Mostly my point is that I can’t justify playing anything other than Herc and HoC. The legendary raider that spawns guys on attack is also a bread winner. I was just really bummed out to see this potentially awesome legendary in my opening pack, but can’t find a useful place for him. Was wondering if anyone had a good meta deck that actually made use of him.

I have so many janky legendaries that I can’t use which is just rather depressing. I do spend money on this game, but I tend to stop after I buy about 6-7 packs. So.. not a power spender.. but a casual one. When I crack a legendary I get excited, and then… get sad =( THe free legendary just trumps any of the past 3-4 legendaries I got out of packs!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Superchar1998:

heres the solution,

Agreed.

that don’t even depend on pack opening luck to get

@ Crimsoneye
lol Wall and Siphon work just fine for me :b
@ OMG
Yes because out of my several packs of term (None WBed btw) I still have 0 E-vail (Which without it TI just suck) yet my 5 Scimitart Exosuits

wall and syphon arnt enough, TI is far too out of control, walls are easily dispatched and syphon would be as useless as the new commander moya, TI inflicts too much damage to fast for either of those to be useful