Forums Tyrant

The immediate issues I see

15 posts

Flag Post

As I have been playing on Armor Games and Kongregate quite heavily over the past month and a half and year and a half, respectively, I think I have qualified myself as someone with experience.

1. What is ELO? Why is it there? Why is is different than Arena Ranking? On armor games, my super high ELO score makes me not want to fight in arena battles. Just today, I lost ONE BATTLE, and lost 17 elo points. It would take me about 10 wins to get that back. ELO is suppose to be about “rating relative skill levels of players”, but in a CARD game, 75% of your skill is the deck you built (or can build), 20% is who you got paired against, and 5% is actual skill. ELO cannot measure the actual 5% there at all. Don’t call it the wrong name. In fact, get rid of it all together. It is really pointless.

2. Conquest. Why is nothing happening? We were promised a reset in 2 weeks, 2 weeks ago. Nothing from the devs about it.

Couple of AG specific things
1. Less than 600 active players. Why? No tourneys, no factions, no social aspect to the game. This is down from around 2k people in the initial 2 weeks. Releasing tournaments would definitely help these numbers.

2. Most of the active players are already done with blight, and about 1/2 are in the occupation missions. What’s happening there?

Flag Post

What? Why are you worried about the success on AG?

Flag Post
Originally posted by catepillar:

2. Conquest. Why is nothing happening? We were promised a reset in 2 weeks, 2 weeks ago. Nothing from the devs about it.

It’s been a helluva lot longer than 2 week now.
Also, please give me voice.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MSUSpartan3096:

What? Why are you worried about the success on AG?

AG has potential, just being completely ignored right now.

Originally posted by darkfang77:

It’s been a helluva lot longer than 2 week now.
Also, please give me voice.

which room? I am in about 20 :s

Flag Post

Learn more about ELO.

Flag Post
Originally posted by p4n1q:

Learn more about ELO.

I know what ELO is… I think it’s a useless metric in Tyrant.

Flag Post

Learn more about ELO.

This.
The Elo system was created for chess – a game of pure skill, with ZERO random component. Tyrant otoh, is built almost entirely around the RNG… go figure.

Flag Post

An argument against ELO in the chess world is that there’s no reason to play once you’ve pushed your rank really high. This is mitigated by being forced to play a few matches a year if you want to keep your official rating. (This doesn’t exist in Tyrant.)

The randomness in the game by itself isn’t a huge issue if people keep playing a lot, as your rating will tend to your average rating. It’s a matter of forcing people to play that makes ELO (by itself) weak as a rating system.

Flag Post

AG tyrant sucks because the AG forums suck

Flag Post

You forgot to mention TASW/BW using pansy-ass tile-trading tactics to inflate their worthless faction rating.

Flag Post

its post like these that make the devs troll the forums so +1

Flag Post

Learn more about ELO.

Your argument against it is nonsense. If the game is really that random, why do the same people win all the time? Why are the same people at the top of tourneys all the time? Why are there over a thousand different cards if it’s all just random anyway? Where’s all the 10x Infantry decks waiting to get lucky and win?

Flag Post

I dont get it… Would players be any happier if the ranking system was based on a linear score, where the most active WB players fight for a pseudo-rank? And why is it necessary to remove an optional system you like? I’m sure some players find it a nice way to pass their time.

Flag Post

Learn more about ELO.

Your argument against it is nonsense. If the game is really that random, why do the same people win all the time? Why are the same people at the top of tourneys all the time? Why are there over a thousand different cards if it’s all just random anyway? Where’s all the 10x Infantry decks waiting to get lucky and win?

+1. Luck and RNG are not valid excuse. Luck and RNG might create a short term variance, but a better skilled player will do better statistically in the long term. This is why some player are always at the top of tourney. The only valid excuse is not doing well due to not having a good enough card pool.

Flag Post

1. Less than 600 active players. Why? No tourneys, no factions, no social aspect to the game. This is down from around 2k people in the initial 2 weeks. Releasing tournaments would definitely help these numbers.

You just wanna be the first one to catface a faction on Armor Games