Some conquest numbers ...

27 posts

Flag Post

Some conquest numbers:

Total tiles controlled by the top 10: 294
Total tiles controlled by the top 15: 411
Total tiles controlled by the top 20: 475

Total number of tiles: 25×25 = 625

Total number of level protected tiles: 140 (quoted from Raistlin)

% of tiles controlled by top 10: 47%
% of tiles controlled by top 15: 66%

% of non-level protected tiles controlled by top 10: 61%
% of non-level protected tiles controlled by top 15: 85%
% of non-level protected tiles controlled by top 20: 98%

Total tiles open/free for factions not in the top 15 and > lvl 10: 10 (you are the 2% :D)

So … this is a brilliant strategy by synapticon to get players in either the top 10-20 factions or in the strongest ones below lvl 11. A side effect will be that waiting lists will be immensely long (unless the demise of Tyrant is as forecasted).

Flag Post

Conquest was fun for the first week or two before a higher lvl faction would eat up all our tiles one by one using the (as it seems) only viable strategy to take down defence slots, ganging up and holding on possible defeat.
After the last tile was lost, occasional attempts were made to regain a tile, which, if successful, couldn’t be defended against higher level factions.

So, yeah, it’s back to (purposeless) grinding and the only remaining fun thing in tyrant in general, which is sealed tourneys. That and hoping for a remake of conquest.

At least there was some fun, for a little time.

Greetz
Al

Flag Post

There are daily posts about it, and did u read somethg from the dev for more than 2 weeks now ?
No, for the devs simply doesnt care, it is that simple =)

Flag Post

If they at least made incentives to encourage fighting (like getting Conquest Tolens on Victories against higher / equal ranked factions) and Better rewards as you get close to the centre, then added more tiles, Conquest could actually be quite fun…but it seems we are all doomed as the devs have chosen to ignore us in favour of Skyward Heroes ._.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Xyrus_G:

[…], Conquest could actually be quite fun…but it seems we are all doomed as the devs have chosen to ignore us in favour of Skyward Heroes ._.

C’mon.
they rly tried to keep u busy meanwhile with a shady discussion about the change of ~37 database entrys aka card-buffing (very difficult). Didn’t that work? :[

Flag Post

The difficulty with conquest isn’t taking a tile from a top faction, that’s relatively straightforward even with lots of switching, (every deck has a counter :D), it’s holding it for more than 2 hours while your stam regens for the next attack given how the top factions have a million allies and the ability to immediately retake that tile with little real effort expended on their part.

TT

Flag Post

devs doing something: People complain.
Devs working on update and not givining news: People Complain
Devs updating: People complain
Devs Answering: People complain.

Go out guys get a live. play the game or leave it.
You are not paying a fuck for the game (and if you do you are stupid)
Make your own game and do it like you want it

Flag Post
Originally posted by metalforlife1:

I have only seen #2 in the past 2 weeks, and I still retain my right to complain about it! Why no buff Neverender?! XD

Flag Post

Have you never considered what they are doing is not what people want?

Flag Post

Shut up. Conquest sucks and everybody knows it, even those who profit from it.

It was supposed to be an update to make tyrant “more exciting”, “more strategic” or whatever.
But it ended up frustrating everyone but the chosen top 800 players.

The fact that conquest participation makes it easier to stay in by getting the conquest faction-upgrades and even harder for anybody who is not yet in, by not enabling them to get them, doesn’t help this fact at all.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jangoo:

It was supposed to be an update to make tyrant “more exciting”, “more strategic” or whatever.

The fact that conquest participation makes it easier to stay in by getting the conquest faction-upgrades and even harder for anybody who is not yet in, by not enabling them to get them, doesn’t help this fact at all.

Conquest has done tons of good. Have you seen any complaints of bots recently? Well, outside the completely and totally UNFOUNDED gripes of a few people coming from a thread I think I should better not mention.

Exciting it was. For a bit. They didn’t lie there.

More strategic, for sure. I have never, ever seen a room as active as Dragons was, and it was 90% strategy.

But then, I guess I am one of the “chosen top 800”.

Flag Post
Originally posted by catepillar:

Conquest has done tons of good. Have you seen any complaints of bots recently? Well, outside the completely and totally UNFOUNDED gripes of a few people coming from a thread I think I should better not mention.

More strategic, for sure. I have never, ever seen a room as active as Dragons was, and it was 90% strategy.

Yeah, Conquest is a decent concept but its current implementation has some issues. Aside from the stagnation, the most obvious issue is that it puts factions greater than level 10 but lower than the top 20 into a place of no contest. If it would be better for your faction to de-level to 10 than stay at level 11 or 12 than there is a serious problem with the implementation.

As far as bots, I was under the impression that this had nothing to do with Conquest and everything to do with the changes to stamina.

As far as strategy, I like the battlefield effects and crafting specific defense decks to take advantage of them. I do not think altering your decks on the fly or stalling out losses are interesting long term strategy concepts.

Flag Post

i have to agree conquest was very good. We get an additional daily reward now :)

Flag Post

Thanks for the constructive feedback. I’ve been going through the forums and compiling the biggest issues players seem to have, how to counter those and what players do like.

Flag Post

Total tiles that do not earn any tokens (i.e wasted): 26

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shadowhopeful:

Have you never considered what they are doing is not what people want?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rudgutter:

Thanks for the constructive feedback. I’ve been going through the forums and compiling the biggest issues players seem to have, how to counter those and what players do like.

I DO like the 1) conquest mechanism, finding counters to decks, switching etc

I DON’T like the 1) upgrade system, rich get richer pile of BS, 2) the lvl capped tiles, they mean that mid range factions (most of the active player base) are the biggest losers, 3) the lack of incentive to conquer as opposed to sit and farm tokens, 4) the fact that only the biggest baddest factions (not including lvl capped tiles) even get a look in on the conquest map 5) the small map size which exacerbates problem 4 and the fact that all tiles are equal (tiles closer to the centre would be a nice idea).

All in all, great idea, good fun stuff, just so much wrong with it atm

TT

Flag Post
Originally posted by TTekkers:
Originally posted by Rudgutter:

I DO like the 1) conquest mechanism, finding counters to decks, switching etc

I DON’T like the 1) upgrade system, rich get richer pile of BS, 2) the lvl capped tiles, they mean that mid range factions (most of the active player base) are the biggest losers, 3) the lack of incentive to conquer as opposed to sit and farm tokens, 4) the fact that only the biggest baddest factions (not including lvl capped tiles) even get a look in on the conquest map 5) the small map size which exacerbates problem 4 and the fact that all tiles are equal (tiles closer to the centre would be a nice idea).

All in all, great idea, good fun stuff, just so much wrong with it atm

TT

Imo, the best part is the ability to change colour, we had an epic camouflage war going down with Hijos!

I think we won it?

Flag Post
Originally posted by catepillar:
Originally posted by Jangoo:

I guess you are because again: There is absolutely nothing good to say about conquest by the vast majority of the player-base for one simple reason: They are all excluded … forever.

Flag Post

^They’re not excluded if they join a top 20 faction (or one of those strong <lvl10).

I know it’s difficult to get into one of those factions … heck … prex (only 8 tiles) even has a waiting list now :/
But if you think of it as being a matter of filtering the playerbase into where it counts (the top) and of “undoing” the damage caused by low faction creation requirements, conquest is a good thing.

But (x2) any players who don’t make it will be left out and quit. Synapticon’s job now is to figure a way to save those players from leaving (if he wants their business). That’s where the improvements will have to come in for.

At present, it’s unlikely that new players will:
(a) benefit from awakening shards (followed by terminus shards).
(b) the accumulation of conquest tokens.

(a) is obvious. quests are too hard. and grinding up takes too long. (b) because grinding takes too long and you won’t get into a good tile faction unless you have at the very least a level of 50 (70 more realistically). Furthermore, the lower level factions that dominate the crap/protected tiles (los hijos, Lawr, pendulum) probably have even more restrictive requirements (say speaking spanish, being a friend of lawr) than the top factions. And if they’re not restrictive I’d conjecture that they have at the least as long a waiting list as say dragons.

So … synapticon … your move.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ladolcevita:

^They’re not excluded if they join a top 20 faction (or one of those strong <lvl10).

I know it’s difficult to get into one of those factions … heck … prex (only 8 tiles) even has a waiting list now :/
But if you think of it as being a matter of filtering the playerbase into where it counts (the top) and of “undoing” the damage caused by low faction creation requirements, conquest is a good thing.

But (x2) any players who don’t make it will be left out and quit. Synapticon’s job now is to figure a way to save those players from leaving (if he wants their business). That’s where the improvements will have to come in for.

(a) is obvious. quests are too hard. and grinding up takes too long. (b) because grinding takes too long and you won’t get into a good tile faction unless you have at the very least a level of 50 (70 more realistically). Furthermore, the lower level factions that dominate the crap/protected tiles (los hijos, Lawr, pendulum) probably have even more restrictive requirements (say speaking spanish, being a friend of lawr) than the top factions. And if they’re not restrictive I’d conjecture that they have at the least as long a waiting list as say dragons.

Honestly, I agree with most of the problems most people have with Conquest, but I have to disagree on that “quests are too hard” thing, purely for the reason that they were designed as a difficult end-game content addition for high-level players. I have to say, I would have a lot less fun with them if they were easier, they’re one of the only things I play on manual now, and it would be sad if the strategy left.

Quick edit: I do think it would be a good idea to hypothetically present an alternate way of aquiring shards for newer players, though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheExaltedFox:
Originally posted by ladolcevita:

Honestly, I agree with most of the problems most people have with Conquest, but I have to disagree on that “quests are too hard” thing, purely for the reason that they were designed as a difficult end-game content addition for high-level players. I have to say, I would have a lot less fun with them if they were easier, they’re one of the only things I play on manual now, and it would be sad if the strategy left.

Quick edit: I do think it would be a good idea to hypothetically present an alternate way of aquiring shards for newer players, though.

You can’t make changes specifically for endgame players…here is why:

1) We have nothing else to do but create sweet decks to conquer everything.

2) Anything to help newer players become useful is not a bad thing.

Flag Post

@ exaltedfox

Yep, I would definitely not suggest making quests easier. Never. As you said it would be good if there was an alternative method of earning shards (for new players), which there is (sorta) through daily chance but at a severely discounted rate.

What I was hinting at was more of a way to reduce the “distance” from start to end (accelerate the process, as had been suggested by deltatwelve more than a year ago already). With the addition of any new sets, mission rewards, achievement rewards, new shards, raids, components the grind distance is increased even further.

Flag Post

Maybe something like

• Tile health decay over time, down to 50-75% hp or such. Decay rate is dependant on number of defence decks
  • Defence decks are LOCKED from switching and usage in other tiles when the tile is attacked

Probably not the first time this is suggested.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aquatar:
Originally posted by Xyrus_G:

[…], Conquest could actually be quite fun…but it seems we are all doomed as the devs have chosen to ignore us in favour of Skyward Heroes ._.

C’mon.
they rly tried to keep u busy meanwhile with a shady discussion about the change of ~37 database entrys aka card-buffing (very difficult). Didn’t that work? :[

You are obviously new around here…