Forums Tyrant

Free tyrant is DEAD page 5

116 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by cslaci:

Well, everyone was complaining that we need packs that CAN be collected. Devs released HW more than a year ago, and that was the last gold buyable pack, even that not many has been able to put together. But that does not matter anymore since those card are mostly not usable anymore. Ok, beside let’s say 5 exceptions. Definitely does not worth 60 K gold. Oh well, maybe it does due to the facto that GOLD IS DEAD and there is nothing else to buy.

You cannot do anything with gold anymore. What we have is more and more new types of currencies. And what you can do with them is basically to convert them to other forms of wortless currencies.

When I was complaining that Awakening is not free at all people said that at least you can get one every week. So what. If you were lucky enough to get some of the usable card, good for you. If you got 5 skiffs, you are out of the game since you will never be able to get the usable awakening cards anymore. So how free awakening sounds anymore? Now the same will happen to terminus, and so on and so on. There are 3-5 real gamechanger cards in each pack, and it is all pure luck whether you get them or not. You could get some 15 awakening packs, 8 Terminus and so on.

Even paying people or unable and at some point just not willing to keep up with this trend. The free player base is shrinking, so if devs want to keep this shit up and running, they should seriously reconsider the current currency system and make this collectible cardgame to something that is actually collectible…

So what do we have: 10+ of currencies that either not accessible or worthless (GOLD, piston, nexus beacon, generator, artemis generator, fuson generator, Capacitor, Hive capacitor, Gateway Node, Awakening Shard, Terminus Shard)

Two artificially limited currency that allows you to get 2 rares a week: The actual shard + conquest token. Out of which the latter is only available to the 630 most active members.

A tendency where each and every new pack consists more rares than common + uncommon altogether. There are mainly 1-2 common uncommon that is usable in a pack and some 20% of the new rares. As a result if you are really good you can get 1-2 usable card every month, unless you buy some from wb, but that is it. No chance to complete ANY NEW PACKS. No chance to get but a few usable new cards. And we should be happy about it.

But what do we expect. They were unable to make nexus accessible for gold after 2000 posts. So right I feel more than ever. Free tyrant is DEAD.

Time to quote and give +1

Flag Post

I completely agree, especially regarding gold. Gold is the most obvious and the original currency, but in it’s current state it is actually useless. I’m not exaggerating here. For a strong player, the only reason to spend gold is to feel good about yourself for having more worthless cards. Everything which is strong in this metagame comes from packs which are a complete lottery, and give you absolutely no way to farm them or increase your odds of getting the necessary cards (yes, you could spend thousands of WarBonds and STILL not get what you want; when you know it will be in the vault for 25 in two months. Only about a hundred players in the entire game are prepared to do this as far as I know). All of the strong players I know have multiple millions in gold…it’s just ridiculous.

The other thing, which goes hand in hand with this problem, is that each set is dominated by about five OP cards, and everything else is completely unusable. Means very few are prepared to spend WB’s, and that most will be unlucky and be unable to compete until the pack appears in the vault.

Flag Post

+10 I mean im practicly ready to move over to HD Xyth its a free game its not half bad just sorta difficult to learn all the basics and the dev looks like he really is listen to are comments (from what i can see he is acually relying to our comments) and its a pretty fun game

Flag Post

strongly agree…

Flag Post
Originally posted by PocketKandy:

+10 I mean im practicly ready to move over to HD Xyth its a free game its not half bad just sorta difficult to learn all the basics and the dev looks like he really is listen to are comments (from what i can see he is acually relying to our comments) and its a pretty fun game

I’m playing this now. Awful graphics and interface! Good game though, and totally free.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jfenz101:

this is a joke they added shards so u guys could get free cards and u still complain. jesus get over it

Lol.

Flag Post
Originally posted by maboroshi83:

+1 but I understand why the dev doing so

Originally posted by Eonian:

According to the BBB, $yn makes about 11-15K USD per month. Granted, that is a gross value range, but still. I’d guess that their net income would be around 7-10K, based on the gross estimates.

The point?

No one should be saying ANYTHING along the lines of “omg devs need to eat too!!!!!” I’m quite sure they’d still be making a nice profit if they introduced, say, another gold pack.

7-10k spread out among 4 or 5 people is not a lot. In fact, I think they must earn some more from other games.

And no, compare Tyrant to WOW is just silly. One is flash game who attract at most 25-30k players during my peak time ( Tyrantbot ftw); one is the most successful MMORPG out there with million players base, thousand of devs, employees; about to hit their 10 years mark, has no sign slowing down. I doubt anyone would play Tyrant in 2 years time. Just like MSUS said, it’s their business model, the cycle of online flash game is 3-4 years. milked Tyrant cow dry, then pull all the resource to spit out another cow, rinse & repeat.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Are you serious?

As for OP: +1.

Flag Post

+1

Still like this game, but no moneywaste :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by tudordan:

According to the BBB, $yn makes about 11-15K USD per month. Granted, that is a gross value range, but still. I’d guess that their net income would be around 7-10K, based on the gross estimates.

The point?

No one should be saying ANYTHING along the lines of “omg devs need to eat too!!!!!” I’m quite sure they’d still be making a nice profit if they introduced, say, another gold pack.

7-10k spread out among 4 or 5 people is not a lot. In fact, I think they must earn some more from other games.

And no, compare Tyrant to WOW is just silly. One is flash game who attract at most 25-30k players during my peak time ( Tyrantbot ftw); one is the most successful MMORPG out there with million players base, thousand of devs, employees; about to hit their 10 years mark, has no sign slowing down. I doubt anyone would play Tyrant in 2 years time. Just like MSUS said, it’s their business model, the cycle of online flash game is 3-4 years. milked Tyrant cow dry, then pull all the resource to spit out another cow, rinse & repeat.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Are you serious?

Yes I am

- latest updated number of WOW subscribers: 12 million players
- feel free to check WOW forum for exact number of devs, mods but it’s close to thousands.
- It was released in 2003 so yeah next year is their 10 years anniversary
- Show me any game, old or new that could compete with those numbers.

I was just pointing out how different it is between WOW & Tyrant as Danzam thought Tyrant could reach WOW number of players ( which it could not)

Flag Post

The point?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Are you serious?

Yes I am

- feel free to check WOW forum for exact number of devs, mods but it’s close to thousands.

I was just pointing out how different it is between WOW & Tyrant as Danzam thought Tyrant could reach WOW number of players ( which it could not)

WoW had their 8th anniversary about 2 weeks ago.
In everything else those numbers are true.

I think LoL has about that number of players, I’m not sure.

Flag Post

The point?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Are you serious?

Yes I am

League of Legends

Flag Post

+233

Flag Post

This new update is just the perfect example. So far it has been possible to get at least 8 tokens. From now on, maximum 50 people will be able to get 8 tokens, some few 6/7 and for the rest the max available will be 5.

What we have asked: MORE people should be able to get tokens.
What we got: Overall more people share overall LESS token. Even the GLOBAL payout has been reduced. And the per user was significantly reduced.

They did a HUGE cut on token payout and everyone fails to see it. But again, less token, less obtainable wb only cards. good for the rich who already have it.

Flag Post

Why would you even care about the old packs? Terminus and Awakening are much better.

Flag Post

Maybe because this supposed to be a COLLECTIBLE card game, and I like collecting cards? How stupid of me.

And no, terminus and awakening has general better cards, but some “old” cards are needed to be able to build just the right deck.

Originally posted by jz0758:

Why would you even care about the old packs? Terminus and Awakening are much better.

Flag Post

This new update is just the perfect example. So far it has been possible to get at least 8 tokens. From now on, maximum 50 people will be able to get 8 tokens, some few 6/7 and for the rest the max available will be 5.

What we have asked: MORE people should be able to get tokens.
What we got: Overall more people share overall LESS token. Even the GLOBAL payout has been reduced. And the per user was significantly reduced.

They did a HUGE cut on token payout and everyone fails to see it. But again, less token, less obtainable wb only cards. good for the rich who already have it.

Maybe because this supposed to be a COLLECTIBLE card game, and I like collecting cards? How stupid of me.

And no, terminus and awakening has general better cards, but some “old” cards are needed to be able to build just the right deck.

Originally posted by jz0758:

ugh, THIS. +10.