Forums Tyrant

[Dev] Universal Shard proposal page 8

199 posts

Flag Post

1 minor question, if a player is on 19 shards then wins 2 from quests, will they get 21 then be unable to get any more on the 20 cap, or will they only get the one shard??

Also when the change is implemented if a player has 9 of each shard will they get 27 or lose 7 shards??

just minor points, but potentially quite annoying

TT

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post

@medic they explained in an earlier post that the cap would only apply to daily chance and quest, so you will be able to keep what you have already.

@hammy HI HAMMY YOU’RE BACK!

Flag Post

+ 9001, except make it so we are guaranteed 2 shards from daily quest please

Flag Post

+1
is it possible to make only 4 components.
1 for missions, raids
1 for raids, faction
1 for faction, tournament
1 for tournament, mission.

Flag Post

I (and probably many others) have suggested this already quite a few times. We can choose which gold pack to get with gold, so we should be able to choose which shard pack to get with shards. makes sense.

Flag Post

Just popping in to add my 2 cents that something with the shard system has to change. 3 different shards and 1 daily chance would mean that free packs are so few and far between it would be a ridiculous amount of time before we would ever get 10 to make a pack. It’s hard enough already at 2 different shards.

If not a universal shard (btw that wouldnt help the returning veterans like me catch up), maybe do a universal for awakening/terminus and then a separate for Occupation. That way the shards are still 2 max on the daily chance.

Thanks for listening.

Flag Post
Originally posted by synapticon:

Everyone wants it, so here’s our proposal:

-Combine all shards into one “universal shard” that can be spent on all packs which currently have Shards.
-Add a cap of 20 on the total number of shards. This is to prevent players from hoarding shards for a new expansion and being able to buy all packs of a new set. (Note: this would NOT remove shards you have over this cap, nor would it prevent you from getting the bonus shards on an event release. All this cap would do is prevent you from getting new shards via Quests/Chance until you spend the ones you have.)
-Shard drop rate: about 75% from Daily Chance, 50% chance for 1 from Quests and a 50% chance for 2 from quests: about 2.25/day on average. This is just under 1 pack every 4 days.

The alternative is to stick with what we have now. What do you guys think?

are you saying we keep the old shards too? or just universal shards

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post
Originally posted by TTekkers:

1 minor question, if a player is on 19 shards then wins 2 from quests, will they get 21 then be unable to get any more on the 20 cap, or will they only get the one shard??

Also when the change is implemented if a player has 9 of each shard will they get 27 or lose 7 shards??

just minor points, but potentially quite annoying

TT

+1 from me if the cap doesnt cut the double shards super “luck”(I have been getting 1 shard every day for as long as I can remember,and if we have saved shards from each type during the conversion the turn into the actual number,not the capped one

the cap is fine by me,not very big damage coming from it

Flag Post

Universal shards seems like a great idea to me. Having three different shards with hardly any chance of getting the the old shards is kind of ridiculous.

I always spend my shards as soon as I have ten of them, so the cap doesn’t matter that much to me. Also, I don’t see why people can’t spend their shards on Terminus or Awakening packs if they hit the cap and don’t want to buy one of the new expansion packs for some reason. It doesn’t seem possible for anyone to have gotten all the useful cards from the Terminus pack with only using shards, given how short that expansion lasted.

Flag Post

What about combination of both systems:

1) Universal shards
2) New and old pack
3) You can spent only newly acquired shards for new pack. In other words you have to spent acumulated shards for old packs or wait until new pack will become old pack.

It can be better understood as new shard/old shard system where you can buy new pack only with new shards and old pack with both shards (even combined) spending old shards first and where new shards are turned into old when new pack appears. Shards doesn’t have to be distinguished explicitly.

Flag Post

I like the universal shard idea and I think I understand the goal of the cap. You don’t want people trading in 150 shards for 10 packs right when a new pack is released.

Please consider capping what you are actually trying to prevent, which is the time between pack purchasing. I don’t want to be forced to use/waste shards on packs that I don’t want any cards from anymore. If you limit the number of packs per time period, you solve the same problem, without ever making anyone “miss out” on getting shards. As packs get older, you can purchase them more often.

Example:
You can purchase unlimited packs per day with WB.
You can purchase 1 Occupation pack every 3 days with shards.
You can purchase 1 Terminus pack every 2 days with shards.
You can purchase 1 Awakening pack per day with shards.
You can purchase unlimited older packs per day with shards.

Flag Post

+1 for the universal shard

Flag Post
Originally posted by Instantsoup:

I like the universal shard idea and I think I understand the goal of the cap. You don’t want people trading in 150 shards for 10 packs right when a new pack is released.

Please consider capping what you are actually trying to prevent, which is the time between pack purchasing. I don’t want to be forced to use/waste shards on packs that I don’t want any cards from anymore. If you limit the number of packs per time period, you solve the same problem, without ever making anyone “miss out” on getting shards. As packs get older, you can purchase them more often.

Example:
You can purchase unlimited packs per day with WB.
You can purchase 1 Occupation pack every 3 days with shards.
You can purchase 1 Terminus pack every 2 days with shards.
You can purchase 1 Awakening pack per day with shards.
You can purchase unlimited older packs per day with shards.

this sounds great.

Flag Post

why not. just keep the balance please. +1

Flag Post

Definitely universal shards. Just keep in mind if we’d still have 19% to get ONE universal shards you’ll KILL the game. Drop rates should be reasonable.

Flag Post

+1 for universal!

Flag Post
Originally posted by ShatteredReality:

+1 for universal!

wrong thread

Flag Post

It seems like a good idea.

Flag Post

According to the DEV XML files, it appears that they have taken the initiative to implement option 1 and are currently testing it.

As for the Daily Chance:

<daily_bonus>
  <weight>.25</weight>
  <cash>1</cash>
</daily_bonus>
<daily_bonus>
  <weight>.05</weight>
  <cash>5</cash>
</daily_bonus>
<daily_bonus>
  <weight>.1</weight>
  <item>201</item>
</daily_bonus>
<daily_bonus>
  <weight>.1</weight>
  <item>1051</item>
</daily_bonus>
<daily_bonus>
  <weight>0.5</weight>
  <number>2</number>
  <item>301</item>
</daily_bonus>
<daily_bonus>
  <weight>1</weight>
  <item>301</item>
</daily_bonus>
<daily_bonus>
  <weight>1</weight>
  <item>301</item>
</daily_bonus>
<daily_bonus>
  <weight>1</weight>
  <item>301</item>
</daily_bonus>

If I’m reading this right, this means:
1.25% chance of 5 WBs
2.5% chance of 1 Gateway Node
2.5% chance of 1 Energy Refill
6.25% chance of 1 WB
12.5% chance of 2 Shards
75% chance of 1 Shard

I thought the DEVs said it would be 15% chance for 2 shards?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Moraku:

According to the DEV XML files, it appears that they have taken the initiative to implement option 1 and are currently testing it.

I’m consistently impressed by how you do stuff like this. I’m not sure how to define it exactly, but you always seem to know exactly what is going on. Your computer skills make it look so effortless and easy, but 99% of us can’t do what you do, so it’s certainly not easy.

You know what image is coming to my head? Back in the 80s, I played RPGs, and sometimes I would play a game that I think was called Cyberpunk. There is an image of a character that has snuck past some guards and then she (he?) jacked-in to the network through a neural implant. I feel like you are somehow jacked into Tyrant.

This is meant as a compliment, and I hope no one interprets it otherwise.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hunterhogan:
Originally posted by Moraku:

I’m consistently impressed by how you do stuff like this. I’m not sure how to define it exactly, but you always seem to know exactly what is going on. Your computer skills make it look so effortless and easy, but 99% of us can’t do what you do, so it’s certainly not easy.

You know what image is coming to my head? Back in the 80s, I played RPGs, and sometimes I would play a game that I think was called Cyberpunk. There is an image of a character that has snuck past some guards and then she (he?) jacked-in to the network through a neural implant. I feel like you are somehow jacked into Tyrant.

This is meant as a compliment, and I hope no one interprets it otherwise.

Compliments someone on Tyrant forums.
Thread automatically killed no matter what.

Flag Post

please don’t cap the shards, it makes no sense…ANYONE CAN save the shards, thus it is balanced and everyone is in an equal position anyway? also the solution of catepillar is better.