Forums Tyrant

Automatic deck optimization - leftylink's thread page 6 (locked)

216 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by SirSebstar:

does the step and the 1 have a spatie in between in the quest.xml?

For T_O purposes, the name of the deck is “Step[space][N]” where N is the Step number, so it looks like that is correct.

What platform are you on? I’ve been running the 19 Dec 2012 version on quests for a week without problems: I am on Win7. The command line looks right, and I know that the order of switches are not supposed to matter, but I have always put the -q immediately after the name of the quest deck.

If that doesn’t work, a good troubleshooting step is to strip down the unnecessary parts and to use known-good components, so try
tyrant_optimize “ogre-spam” “Step 1” -q -climb 10
and see what happens.

You could always try recompiling.

Finally, if you are Win 7, I have a zip file with a compiled version that multiple people have downloaded and at least one said it worked. Look on the prior pages for the link.

Edit: shot in the dark—make sure you don’t have a deck named Step 1 in your custom file.

 
Flag Post

I tried it with -q right after the decks, but it didn’t help. tyrant_optimize “ogre-spam” “Step 1” -q climb 10 – didn’t help either. And I recompiled a few times and ended up with no success as well. And I checked if I did the deck name thingy by mistake, but no deck with step in the name is listed in custom.txt.

I tried on Win XP32 and on Win Vista64 SP2

Guess I’ll stick to my old exe for the time being.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Puppenmaedchen:

I tried it with -q right after the decks, but it didn’t help. tyrant_optimize “ogre-spam” “Step 1” -q climb 10 – didn’t help either. And I recompiled a few times and ended up with no success as well. And I checked if I did the deck name thingy by mistake, but no deck with step in the name is listed in custom.txt.

I tried on Win XP32 and on Win Vista64 SP2

Guess I’ll stick to my old exe for the time being.

Wow. Strange. I think there is a debug flag that gives more information about the error and might mean something to leftylink, but I just woke up from a nap, so I wouldn’t trust my memory right now.

 
Flag Post

My guess would be that ogre-spam isn’t defined as a deck. Try using QVH0+q instead of “ogre-spam”. Also climbing with 10 is near useless. For meaningful data, you need at least 10,000.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by catepillar:

My guess would be that ogre-spam isn’t defined as a deck. Try using QVH0+q instead of “ogre-spam”. Also climbing with 10 is near useless. For meaningful data, you need at least 10,000.

Well it doesn’t matter which Deck I use as the attack deck – it never finds the “Step X” decks that correspond with the quests as defending decks. Deck Hash instead of Deck Name does not fix the problem either. And I know that for meaningful data a climb of 10 is useless – as you can see a few posts above that I usually use higher numbers. It was just to see if any flags caused the problem. I’ll try debugging later on, just had a quick glimpse in the thread before heading off to work.

 
Flag Post

terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘std::runtime_error’ what(): While trying to insert the card [Necrogeddon, id 862] in the player_cards_by_name map: the key already exists [id 484].This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application’s support team for more information.

This keeps appearing after I have updated cards.xml with the latest cards. Should I modify cards.xml or there is some other way?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Oritfx:

terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘std::runtime_error’ what(): While trying to insert the card [Necrogeddon, id 862] in the player_cards_by_name map: the key already exists [id 484].This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application’s support team for more information.

This keeps appearing after I have updated cards.xml with the latest cards. Should I modify cards.xml or there is some other way?

Simple fix: Go into cards.xml and remove Necrogeddon. The entire card (make sure it has id 862).

 
Flag Post

They just fixed the Necrogeddon bug (old necro not shown in the list of owned cards), which may have caused this.

 
Flag Post

i reached the same conclusions, now its up to lefty to fix…

 
Flag Post

FEATURE SUGGESTION
the -o opinion need a parameter
the default parameter is owncards
and I can use any other pool instead
for example: I wanted to test a defense deck against Aapje’s pool
I download Aapje’s card in tyrant fan site. save it in Aapje-pool.txt
tyrantOptimize.exe azurespam “someTestDeck” climb 10000 -o “Aapje-Pool.txt” -s -e “Toxic”
and finally
I download all the deck pool of some fraction, taking pr for example(^_^):
and
for i in *-pr.txt
do
tyrantOptimize azurespam “someTestDeck” climb 1000 -o “$i” -s -e “Copycat” >> result
done

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by catepillar:
Originally posted by Oritfx:

terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘std::runtime_error’ what(): While trying to insert the card [Necrogeddon, id 862] in the player_cards_by_name map: the key already exists [id 484].This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application’s support team for more information.

This keeps appearing after I have updated cards.xml with the latest cards. Should I modify cards.xml or there is some other way?

Simple fix: Go into cards.xml and remove Necrogeddon. The entire card (make sure it has id 862).

Another solution would be to uncomment the replace tags in the other necrogeddon (unitid 484)

 
Flag Post

this software can give you the best deck vs a certain deck?
if yes, then all players should be baned from tyrant as they are all bots now.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Puppenmaedchen:

I downloaded the integration .zip-file today and recompiled it. The new .exe that was created does not recognize queststeps anymore. using the old .exe (I compiled on Dec 04) with the same bat-file it does optimize versus quests.

I think that changes in other branches are not merged into integration one. You can check “Network” graph on github site.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by zhongcheng110:

FEATURE SUGGESTION
the -o opinion need a parameter
the default parameter is owncards
and I can use any other pool instead
for example: I wanted to test a defense deck against Aapje’s pool
I download Aapje’s card in tyrant fan site. save it in Aapje-pool.txt
tyrantOptimize.exe azurespam “someTestDeck” climb 10000 -o “Aapje-Pool.txt” -s -e “Toxic”
and finally
I download all the deck pool of some fraction, taking pr for example(^_^):
and
for i in *-pr.txt
do
tyrantOptimize azurespam “someTestDeck” climb 1000 -o “$i” -s -e “Copycat” >> result
done

What about doing it by yourself:
create f.e. mass_optimize.bat and paste following text in there. I don’t know how to format it here to look nicer.

@@echo off
for /f "tokens=*" %%G in ('dir *pr.* /b') do (
copy %%G ownedcards.txt /y >NUL
tyrant_optimize.exe %* >> all_results_here.txt
)

 
Flag Post

FYI

I decided to try using T_O to optimize a deck for surge in faction wars. I first ran it on my owned cards, unordered, against 40 decks. I think it took about 12 hours. Then, I brilliantly decided to use the suggested unordered deck as input for an ordered deck. It has been running for about three days. I keep wanting to stop it, but then I think, “It’s been running for three days! I can’t give up now.”

Don’t make my mistake and try to run T_O against too many decks at the same time.

 
Flag Post

Back to raids after the event, I still get the error I had with the commonkey’s optimizer with Gore Typhon raid: “Segfault error (core dumped)”

It happens way less often, but still regularly.

I made a few optimizations to find out what could cause this error and I’ve noticed that every time the error occurs, there’s Egg Infector in the deck in use (from starting deck or from optimization).

I tried removing Egg Infector from my cards pool and then could not reproduce the error.

Edit: btw, I’m using linux.

 
Flag Post

Which branch do I have to compile to have quests, effects, emulate and on kill effects available? I do not understand how this branching on github works and which files I need to recompile to get updated. I would really appreciate any help there.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Puppenmaedchen:

Which branch do I have to compile to have quests, effects, emulate and on kill effects available? I do not understand how this branching on github works and which files I need to recompile to get updated. I would really appreciate any help there.

The post catepillar posted still works as far as instructions go.

 
Flag Post

Hi, I had the same Necrogeddon error as the person above, and I fixed it. However, whenever I attempt to use tyrant_optimize, I get this:

C:\MinGW\tyrant_optimize>tyrant_optimize.exe ogre-spam “objective” climb 10000 -
t 3 -s -o

C:\MinGW\tyrant_optimize>tyrant_optimize.exe ogre-spam" “objective” climb 10000
-t 3 -s -o

C:\MinGW\tyrant_optimize>tyrant_optimize.exe “ogre-spam” “objective” climb 10000
-t 3 -s -o

Once I press Enter, it says that tyrant_optimize.exe has stopped working and it crashes.
I have compiled my tyrant_optimize using catepillar’s guide on the first page, and I removed the entire unit for the Necrogeddon issue. I just copied and pasted the Custom.txt and ownedcards.txt from my old tyrant_optimize version (Commonkey’s) into the newly compiled tyrant_optimize. Also in the newly compiled tyrant_optimize, I still have all the H files and CPP files, I don’t know if they’re supposed to be there. Any help would be appreciated.

 
Flag Post
  1. do you have all the xml files?
  2. are you using straight quotes or funky quotes? (use straight)
  3. I’ve always put my flags before climb
  4. your third example is the only one that could possible work because both deck names must have quotes around them
  5. leave the H and CPP files, they don’t harm anything
 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Kyrossian:
Originally posted by Puppenmaedchen:

Which branch do I have to compile to have quests, effects, emulate and on kill effects available? I do not understand how this branching on github works and which files I need to recompile to get updated. I would really appreciate any help there.

The post catepillar posted still works as far as instructions go.

I couldn’t find a post on how to merge the updates, that’s what I was really asking, even if I probably phrased it wrong. Sorry ’bout that.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by aquaworld:

Hi, I had the same Necrogeddon error as the person above, and I fixed it. However, whenever I attempt to use tyrant_optimize, I get this:

C:\MinGW\tyrant_optimize>tyrant_optimize.exe ogre-spam “objective” climb 10000 -
t 3 -s -o

C:\MinGW\tyrant_optimize>tyrant_optimize.exe ogre-spam" “objective” climb 10000
-t 3 -s -o

C:\MinGW\tyrant_optimize>tyrant_optimize.exe “ogre-spam” “objective” climb 10000
-t 3 -s -o

Once I press Enter, it says that tyrant_optimize.exe has stopped working and it crashes.
I have compiled my tyrant_optimize using catepillar’s guide on the first page, and I removed the entire unit for the Necrogeddon issue. I just copied and pasted the Custom.txt and ownedcards.txt from my old tyrant_optimize version (Commonkey’s) into the newly compiled tyrant_optimize. Also in the newly compiled tyrant_optimize, I still have all the H files and CPP files, I don’t know if they’re supposed to be there. Any help would be appreciated.

try
C:\MinGW\tyrant_optimize>tyrant_optimize.exe ogre-spam “Mission 100” climb 1000

if it works, the .exe is fine…. then add flags one by one, and recheck your txt’s and xmls
if it doesn’t work, recompile or get the already compiled .exe from the net.
if you recompile, make sure you get the latest version since there are a couple obsolete ones out there…

Originally posted by hunterhogan:
  • your third example is the only one that could possible work because both deck names must have quotes around them
  • not true…. deck names with no spaces work without quotes… therefore ogre-spam works, ogre spam does not, but “ogre spam” does…

     
    Flag Post
    Originally posted by Puppenmaedchen:
    Originally posted by Kyrossian:
    Originally posted by Puppenmaedchen:

    Which branch do I have to compile to have quests, effects, emulate and on kill effects available? I do not understand how this branching on github works and which files I need to recompile to get updated. I would really appreciate any help there.

    The post catepillar posted still works as far as instructions go.

    I couldn’t find a post on how to merge the updates, that’s what I was really asking, even if I probably phrased it wrong. Sorry ’bout that.

    I’m too lazy/tired to look for the name, but one of the branches already has everything merged into it. And the name is somewhere in the OP or Cat’s post.

     
    Flag Post
    Originally posted by thror13:
    Originally posted by hunterhogan:
  • your third example is the only one that could possible work because both deck names must have quotes around them
  • not true…. deck names with no spaces work without quotes… therefore ogre-spam works, ogre spam does not, but “ogre spam” does…

    Cool! I didn’t know that. Thanks!

     
    Flag Post
    Originally posted by Puppenmaedchen:

    I couldn’t find a post on how to merge the updates, that’s what I was really asking, even if I probably phrased it wrong. Sorry ’bout that.

    First post: “https://github.com/leftylink/tyrant_optimize/archive/leftylink-integration.zip – This is the source code distribution that contains all my changes. It is automatically updated at the same URL whenever I update the leftylink-integration branch.”