Forums Tyrant

Automatic deck optimization - leftylink's thread page 8 (locked)

216 posts

Flag Post

An improvement request:
Instead of writing “Deck improved: 1 Hades → 0 Hades: win%: 99.9 (999 of 1000)”
Why not writing:
“Deck improved: Hades, Longshot : win%: 99.9 (999 of 1000)”
Meaning, write the entire deck used instead of what slot was changed.
This way, if I’m ok with the results, and want to break the process (ctrl+c) without having to wait for it to finish, I can create the deck with no problem…
This request is for any type of printing (adding -a for example gives another format).

Flag Post

Probably you are using the latest cards.xml with the Necrogeddon alt-art not deleted.
http://kg.tyrantonline.com/assets/cards.xml

Delete this part in the xml:

<unit>
<id>862</id>
<name>Necrogeddon</name>
<picture>necrogeddonalt.jpg</picture>
<hidden>1</hidden>
<attack>1</attack>
<health>7</health>
<cost>3</cost>
<rarity>4</rarity>
<skill id="rally" x="3" y="3"/>
<skill id="swipe"/>
<skill id="disease"/>
<type>3</type>
<set>5000</set>
</unit>

Flag Post
Originally posted by jt7785:

An improvement request:
Instead of writing “Deck improved: 1 Hades → 0 Hades: win%: 99.9 (999 of 1000)”
Why not writing:
“Deck improved: Hades, Longshot : win%: 99.9 (999 of 1000)”
Meaning, write the entire deck used instead of what slot was changed.
This way, if I’m ok with the results, and want to break the process (ctrl+c) without having to wait for it to finish, I can create the deck with no problem…
This request is for any type of printing (adding -a for example gives another format).

i, too endorse a “verbose” option

Flag Post

I am able to use decks saved in my custom decks file and optimize from there, but when I use hashes I just get a list of my custom decks. Using the example that Gut posted on the previous page:
>op.exe QVM9CtBmLMMB+iLw+iEDhG “Mission 228” climb 1000
The deck QVM9CtBmLMMB+iLw+iEDhG was not found. Available decks:
Custom decks:
(omitted)

Flag Post

Guys, probably a noob question, but I’m getting some odd results with the optimizer. I d/led hunterhogans compiled version and am typing in;

tyrant_optimize.exe ogre-spam “Mission 229” -o -s -r climb 600

Everyone else is telling me this should come up with a deck at around 50% win rate, however mine is coming up with 85.25%

Dracorex, Zarak, Monarch, Obsidian, Monarch, Monarch, Monarch, Flare Singularity, Zarak, Monarch, Monarch

My guess is that it’s ignoring the -s for some reason. Someone please help, I’m lost without the optimizer.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Safcdav:

Guys, probably a noob question, but I’m getting some odd results with the optimizer. I d/led hunterhogans compiled version and am typing in;

tyrant_optimize.exe ogre-spam “Mission 229” -o -s -r climb 600

Everyone else is telling me this should come up with a deck at around 50% win rate, however mine is coming up with 85.25%

Dracorex, Zarak, Monarch, Obsidian, Monarch, Monarch, Monarch, Flare Singularity, Zarak, Monarch, Monarch

My guess is that it’s ignoring the -s for some reason. Someone please help, I’m lost without the optimizer.

Cross check your results with SimTyrant and/or iteratedecks. 85% might be high, but 50% is wrong.
http://haileon.com/SimTyrantJS?deck1=QVhFLMBmLM+jvlhFLM+i&surge=1&ordered=1&mission=317&sims=10000

P.S. I would use a number higher than 600. Some day, I will do the math to figure out what the minimum number of simulations is based on the the number of permutations in the two decks, but 600 is certainly too low.

Flag Post

Safcdav: I just ran your simulation on 1M trials, and it returned 80.0%. SimTyrant returned 79.7%. This is WELL within margin of error for SimTyrant.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MetalSmasher86:

Every time I try to use this thing, I get the same error message every time:

Any ideas?

Originally posted by FuChunx3:

I am able to use decks saved in my custom decks file and optimize from there, but when I use hashes I just get a list of my custom decks. Using the example that Gut posted on the previous page:
>op.exe QVM9CtBmLMMB+iLw+iEDhG “Mission 228” climb 1000
The deck QVM9CtBmLMMB+iLw+iEDhG was not found. Available decks:
Custom decks:
(omitted)

I think this is the answer. Get the latest cards.xml and then delete the bad necrogeddon.

Originally posted by DarkBlood1:

Probably you are using the latest cards.xml with the Necrogeddon alt-art not deleted.
http://kg.tyrantonline.com/assets/cards.xml

Delete this part in the xml:

&lt;unit&gt;
&lt;id&gt;862&lt;/id&gt;
&lt;name&gt;Necrogeddon&lt;/name&gt;
&lt;picture&gt;necrogeddonalt.jpg&lt;/picture&gt;
&lt;hidden&gt;1&lt;/hidden&gt;
&lt;attack&gt;1&lt;/attack&gt;
&lt;health&gt;7&lt;/health&gt;
&lt;cost&gt;3&lt;/cost&gt;
&lt;rarity&gt;4&lt;/rarity&gt;
&lt;skill id="rally" x="3" y="3"/&gt;
&lt;skill id="swipe"/&gt;
&lt;skill id="disease"/&gt;
&lt;type&gt;3&lt;/type&gt;
&lt;set&gt;5000&lt;/set&gt;
&lt;/unit&gt;

Flag Post
Originally posted by Puppenmaedchen:
Originally posted by Kyrossian:
Originally posted by Puppenmaedchen:

Which branch do I have to compile to have quests, effects, emulate and on kill effects available? I do not understand how this branching on github works and which files I need to recompile to get updated. I would really appreciate any help there.

The post catepillar posted still works as far as instructions go.

I couldn’t find a post on how to merge the updates, that’s what I was really asking, even if I probably phrased it wrong. Sorry ’bout that.

I’m having the same issue… its possible to merge onkill and emulate branches with integration one?

Flag Post
Originally posted by hunterhogan:

Having trouble? No warranties or guaranties. Use at your own risk.

Originally posted by hunterhogan:

Can anyone upload the latest version?

I’m sure you, DarkBlood1, will not make me regret this, and I hope I don’t regret it for other reasons.

I have no idea if this will work Compiled on Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium.

http://www.hunterthinks.com/solo/games/T_O_2012_12_19_Win_Compiled.zip

Working well…MANY THANKS!!! WITH OLD missions.xml file (through 229)

Flag Post

terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘std::runtime_error’
what(): While trying to find the card with id 1227: no such key in the cards_
by_id map.

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application’s support team for more information.

…Getting this error with NEW missions.xml download

Flag Post
Originally posted by hockeymatt:

by_id map.

1227 Nikolas

Update ALL the xmls not just the missions.xml.

https://kg.tyrantonline.com/assets/cards.xml
https://kg.tyrantonline.com/assets/raids.xml
https://kg.tyrantonline.com/assets/missions.xml
https://kg.tyrantonline.com/assets/quests.xml

Flag Post

cards.xml has the continued issue with Necrogeddon.

The devs commented out something they shouldn’t have (naughty devs). Anyways, it’s simple to fix, delete the comments around the upgrade tag for the first Necrogeddon OR delete a necrogeddon.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hockeymatt:

by_id map.

<id>1227</id>
<name>Nikolas</name>

Update ALL the xmls not just the missions.xml.

https://kg.tyrantonline.com/assets/cards.xml
https://kg.tyrantonline.com/assets/raids.xml
https://kg.tyrantonline.com/assets/missions.xml
https://kg.tyrantonline.com/assets/quests.xml

THANK YOU for the prompt response. I appreciate your assistance VERY much! I was not aware of the need to update all the files once the new missions were active on KG. Again…thank you.

Flag Post
Originally posted by catepillar:

The devs commented out something they shouldn’t have (naughty devs). Anyways, it’s simple to fix, delete the comments around the upgrade tag for the first Necrogeddon OR delete a necrogeddon.

Verifying that this is still an issue even with the updated files.

Flag Post

I have a request .. is possible to implement something that print current optimized deck when stopping with control-c ?? this to avoid long calculations when deck is already good enought.

Flag Post
Originally posted by cece_it:

I have a request .. is possible to implement something that print current optimized deck when stopping with control-c ?? this to avoid long calculations when deck is already good enought.

Not cross-platform friendly. If you want the program to break compatibility with windows, then sure :)

Flag Post

Would it be possible to add/append the last optimized deck to Custom.txt? Maybe even add a way to name said deck?

Flag Post
Originally posted by catepillar:

No upgrade tag on Necrogeddon, only the replace tag. And for those not sure what the comment flags are its these <!-- -->

Flag Post
Originally posted by FuChunx3:

Would it be possible to add/append the last optimized deck to Custom.txt? Maybe even add a way to name said deck?

I have mine set up to print out the hash on the same line as the changes are happening. Is that something that would interest others? The changes themselves are very minor.

Flag Post

I’m having the same problem as Gut1. Deck hashes aren’t working. I’ve fixed necrogeddon, it simply doesn’t recognize hashes. If I try an deck hash, it says:

The deck [hash] was not found. Available decks:

As if it’s trying to load a misspelled custom deck.

Flag Post

If the hash has multiple copies of a card in the shortened form, try expanding it.

i.e. if PoAB+i, then PoABAB. Repeat 2 times if +j and so on.

V I’m guessing it has something to do with on Kill skills and Halcyon the Corrupt?

Flag Post

Possible Bug

I was trying to create decks for players with only reward/gold buyable decks and came across a inconsistency.

Generally the Optimizer and the simtyrant has always agreed for me (used both extensively); however, this time the value is off.

Using this ordered deck for mission 251 gives me slightly under 98.6% every time using climb 1000000; however, the simtyrant gives 96.6% with 1 million simulations. I also simmed them extra times with at minimum 100k just to make sure i didn’t veer on one end of luck really hard with the simulations. With such a high number of simulations the error margin is simply too large. Either I’m making a mistake or there is something behaving wrong on either the optimizer or the simtyrant.

Halcyon the Corrupt, Smog Unit, Kilgore, Scarab, Ravenous Dredge, Heracles, Iron Maiden, Flesh Reaper

Flag Post

Just a minor note for an otherwise great tool: it is pointless to continue optimizing after 100% has been reached.

Also, I’ve been trying my hand at optimizing efficiently for ANP, but I got lost in the code. If there is interest in this I will need help. What I need for checking the probability of a deck getting higher score than the current is a place to collect not only the score, but the square of the score. If someone can guide me on how to achieve this, I might be able to come out with something, time allowing. Or I can explain to someone else the statistics of how this should be done and they can implement it.

Flag Post

Sorry, I’m not sure that i’m reading this correctly.

Originally posted by leftylink:
leftylink-integration: A merge of all branches on top of bugfixes, except for sigusr (which does not work on Windoze), provided for convenience.

Does it mean that emulate, on kill, and quests are already merged in? Since is says “only except sigusr”, i would answer yes, but then it doesn’t let me use “Step 23” as a valid name for a defence deck (i put the -q flag).