Forums Tyrant

DEVS R IDIOTS - tyrant is defunct page 2

47 posts

Flag Post

Why bother providing a definition if you don’t even meet it?

OP is seriously an awful post. This thread had no chance.

Flag Post

Just dropping an agree more.

But as it’s now, I don’t think any pack can be released with gold. Many players sit on millions and millions of gold – and can get a few millions more from components. This will mean that:
A) You will get all the cards in ~5 min.
B) The packs will cost 250,000+ gold. Now, if they packs were made so expensive we would need much higher GPE ratios and then there would be a complete powercreep circle.

Flag Post

Yeah skolu is pretty much right. I’m over 6 million and I’ve been splashing out recently on Homeworld’s and random reward cards I don’t need; there’s probably some guys in excess of 15 million. But there is a third option he missed:

Convert gold into another, more stable form of currency, along with components. Solves a lot of the problems.

Flag Post
Originally posted by skolu:

But as it’s now, I don’t think any pack can be released with gold. Many players sit on millions and millions of gold – and can get a few millions more from components. This will mean that:
B) The packs will cost 250,000+ gold. Now, if they packs were made so expensive we would need much higher GPE ratios and then there would be a complete powercreep circle.

Yes many old timer are running around with lots of gold. However what is wrong with instant completion of set other then it merely being an excuse given by Dev? Gold eventually run out, just like shard. Ask thegil what is so great about opening 30+ awakening at one go.

Hw 60k gold price is far from reasonable. Will there be another wb disguise pack in the near future? I doubt so, because new players definitely will be totally pissed as there is no way to keep up. Only reason players dun QQ about hw price is because hw is sh!t now too.

Millions has been stockpiled is because there are no gold pack as it should be. If the fear of releasing gold pack is because players has million, then what? Millions become billion because 10 years down the road Dev refuse to release gold pack as amount of gold player has increases?

If the next four years(two years for what it should be, two more years to drain away the gold that should have been drained from blight to occupation) see every expansion being a 20k pack, there be no million of gold lying around anyway.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ohnonooh:

Yes many old timer are running around with lots of gold. However what is wrong with instant completion of set other then it merely being an excuse given by Dev? Gold eventually run out, just like shard. Ask thegil what is so great about opening 30+ awakening at one go.

Hw 60k gold price is far from reasonable. Will there be another wb disguise pack in the near future? I doubt so, because new players definitely will be totally pissed as there is no way to keep up. Only reason players dun QQ about hw price is because hw is sh!t now too.

Millions has been stockpiled is because there are no gold pack as it should be. If the fear of releasing gold pack is because players has million, then what? Millions become billion because 10 years down the road Dev refuse to release gold pack as amount of gold player has increases?

If the next four years(two years for what it should be, two more years to drain away the gold that should have been drained from blight to occupation) see every expansion being a 20k pack, there be no million of gold lying around anyway.

Devs brought that shit down on themselves by not keeping on top of the game, Realm Traverser is 90k but Thunder Crag is a lot less. Arena awards were pissed on, reputation cards same raid cards same, Why buy Gatling Cannon for 12k when I could get a Hpod for 20?

Flag Post
Originally posted by pacachomp:

Yeah skolu is pretty much right. I’m over 6 million and I’ve been splashing out recently on Homeworld’s and random reward cards I don’t need; there’s probably some guys in excess of 15 million. But there is a third option he missed:

Convert gold into another, more stable form of currency, along with components. Solves a lot of the problems.

Ahh, that is another possibility indead. However, wouldn’t that just be a different price? What is the difference between 10k and 10 gold bars, where a gold bar would cost 1000?

Unless you plan on buying packs for components which are in the game atm, such as artemis generators?

Flag Post

I am defunct, do you have a problem?

Flag Post
Originally posted by darkfang77:

Devs brought that shit down on themselves by not keeping on top of the game, Realm Traverser is 90k but Thunder Crag is a lot less. Arena awards were pissed on, reputation cards same raid cards same, Why buy Gatling Cannon for 12k when I could get a Hpod for 20?

No my point is that players are not actually earning lots of gold(despite many millionaire in tyrant), thus Dev actually got it right for not trying to induce inflation.

The only way for gold sink to work is for Dev to be not stingy(I believe players behavior has proven it. If something is costly but useless, no one will buy. If it is both costly and useful, sure the sink will work, but what about new player?) Which means giving players something worth it to purchase(and over a long period of time). It is natural for someone who started tyrant 2 years earlier then a new player to have a 2 year advantage of gold. Nothing Dev can do to change it with an energy system.

Just take thunder crag for example. So what if Dev make it cost 100k? No big deal. New players will take a few weeks before owning it, old players will laugh at it with their millions. A gold sink only work if it is constantly sucking gold out of the system at the same rate gold is flowing in.

PS: Its been more then a year since hw release. Whatever damage hw does to the few players who choose to dump their gold on hw has already been undo :D

Edit: There is a thread outside talking about making sales of foil card for extra wb. You know that would work pretty well as a gold sink instead, but knowing Dev……

Flag Post

No my point is that players are not actually earning lots of gold(despite many millionaire in tyrant), thus Dev actually got it right for not trying to induce inflation.

The only way for gold sink to work is for Dev to be not stingy(I believe players behavior has proven it. If something is costly but useless, no one will buy. If it is both costly and useful, sure the sink will work, but what about new player?) Which means giving players something worth it to purchase(and over a long period of time). It is natural for someone who started tyrant 2 years earlier then a new player to have a 2 year advantage of gold. Nothing Dev can do to change it with an energy system.

Just take thunder crag for example. So what if Dev make it cost 100k? No big deal. New players will take a few weeks before owning it, old players will laugh at it with their millions. A gold sink only work if it is constantly sucking gold out of the system at the same rate gold is flowing in.

PS: Its been more then a year since hw release. Whatever damage hw does to the few players who choose to dump their gold on hw has already been undo :D

Edit: There is a thread outside talking about making sales of foil card for extra wb. You know that would work pretty well as a gold sink instead, but knowing Dev……

Nexus pack for 120k pls, I would buy.

Flag Post

What the Devs have to do is first of all to buff all cards to equal level. And not just the crap cards, like Egor and Joltrek, but every single card that isn’t relevant. Imagine the variety that would come into the game if half the cards of every pack were useful and relevant. After they do that, they can set more inflated gold prices as the things we buy WILL be worth it. As it is right now, adding a gold price to Nexus and the others won’t fix anything. A small pool of cards will still dominate. So please buff every damn card that’s no longer releveant Devs!

P.S. Change the title to something mroe friendly. The Devs won’t bother to read something swearing at them.

Flag Post

I don’t get it. So because someone has invested more time in the game than ‘other players’, you don’t think they should have any kind of advantage when a new gold pack comes out? Then why play the game? This is equivalent to complaining that level 12 factions should have access to the same cards of level 18 factions.

Flag Post
Originally posted by zaktan78:

What the Devs have to do is first of all to buff all cards to equal level. And not just the crap cards, like Egor and Joltrek, but every single card that isn’t relevant. Imagine the variety that would come into the game if half the cards of every pack were useful and relevant. After they do that, they can set more inflated gold prices as the things we buy WILL be worth it. As it is right now, adding a gold price to Nexus and the others won’t fix anything. A small pool of cards will still dominate. So please buff every damn card that’s no longer releveant Devs!

P.S. Change the title to something mroe friendly. The Devs won’t bother to read something swearing at them.

buff all the cards? so if i bought an enclave packs with 10k golds i can find a better rare of occupation?

Flag Post
Originally posted by zaktan78:

You may intrest on this:
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/315718-card-rebalance-project-gold-to-phobos-pack
Although it’s my personal suggestion

Work to Phobos pack now, will do P-Aftermath pack and Reward Cards, give up on Shard Packs because it’s WAYYYYYYYYY too many Rares/Legendaries.

Flag Post

I don’t really think you need to resort to calling the developers idiots.
Be respectful of the people who provided you with hours and hours of entertainment.

Flag Post
Originally posted by VforVendetta:

Be respectful of the people who provided you with hours and hours of entertainment.

You have to talk to them in a certain tone or they don’t take your post seriously. Synap confirmed this months ago in a public chat.

Flag Post
Originally posted by c4bomb:

Tourneys have always needed another dimension. Ideas: Faction/Group Tournaments (This would make factions be a lot more meaningful. Something they have always needed.), Quest like tournaments (All cards enter with poison 1, etc), Level bracket tournaments (Wouldn’t it be great not to have to face DNA every time in a standard if you’re a lower level?), Skill restriction tournaments, (no strike, no buildings, etc).

+1

Flag Post
Originally posted by MrTinker:
Originally posted by VforVendetta:

You have to talk to them in a certain tone or they don’t take your post seriously. Synap confirmed this months ago in a public chat.

Flag Post

They should slowly release old packs for gold to let people use what they earned. otherwise their is hardly a reason for old timer to keep grinding except daily quest and Conquest, not to mention the latter is ruled by account sharing.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BesucherXia:

They should slowly release old packs for gold to let people use what they earned. otherwise their is hardly a reason for old timer to keep grinding except daily quest and Conquest, not to mention the latter is ruled by account sharing.

THIS, A THOUSAND TIMES AND TWO THOUSAND TIMES ON SUNDAY, THIS!

Flag Post

Darkblood1 already mentioned he wouldn’t bring this up on consortium because he would feel ‘stupid’

Flag Post

Darkblood1 already mentioned he wouldn’t bring this up on consortium because he would feel ‘stupid’

Ah…because only good ideas can be considered stupid. Such a rare form of logic….

Flag Post

IMO, the major issue behind all everyone’s saying is that most features end up being irrelevant and forgotten about. Remember crafting cards, and how that was gonna be a big thing? Oh wait, I mean it was tokens.. oh wait it was shards. Remember the days of the Devs really sticking with an idea? I don’t. They keep cycling through different phases of “relevancy focus”, and then “forget” about it. What’s the point?
(I know it’s basically what Tink said)

Each relevancy cycle lasts for maybe several months, then fades into others. The Devs keep going in so many directions, yet have no idea how to truly move forward with the game. I feel like they got really lost.