Forums Tyrant

Nominate a new Kongregate moderator for the Tyrant forum

139 posts

Flag Post

I nominate ladolcevita. There are a couple of other people I think would do an excellent job, but my first choice is ladolcevita.

I sincerely appreciate those who have suggested that I be a moderator (both recently and this summer), but I can’t do it. Setting up and running TnT was a lot of work, and I think it proved that the Kong forums can be largely troll-free. Nevertheless, just like with my Consortium nominations, being a Kongregate moderator is not a luxury I can afford.

I don’t believe this thread will have any affect on Kongregate or Synapse.

I do like that Knowing Eyes at least posts reasons for locking threads. Thank you for doing that.

Flag Post

I also think LDV is a good choice.

If I were given the position to choose the mod, I would consider the following people –
Bascule2000
skolu
OOHnirav
danzam111/danzam11 (apologies in advance for forgetting your name)
catepillar

Flag Post

Shadowhopeful and ladolcevita are the most active users in the forum, they could do a very good job moderating the forum, at least better than zaraki because she is in another forum’s game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shadowhopeful:

If I were given the position to choose the mod, I would consider the following people –
Bascule2000
skolu
OOHnirav

75% of your nominations are bad and you should feel 100% bad about those 75%. And I refuse to name the bad ones ;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkBlood1:

Shadowhopeful and ladolcevita are the most active players in forum, they could do a very good job moderating the forum.

It would be fun, but considering I’d just lock and remove every single one of dnaimagery’s posts, then make a forum thread about his QQ, it might not be a good idea.

Originally posted by catepillar:

Bascule2000
skolu
OOHnirav

75% of your nominations are bad and you should feel 100% bad about those 75%. And I refuse to name the bad ones ;)

I’ll add you to the list. tbh, most of the first choices are in the consortium.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkBlood1:

Shadowhopeful and ladolcevita are the most active users in the forum, they could do a very good job moderating the forum, at least better than zaraki because she is in another forum’s game.

I agree and I think Shadowhopeful has the in-depth knowledge of the forums to handle the difficult cases.

Flag Post

The issue with the current moderator is that he doesn’t post who flags the posts.

Vote [insert name here] for transparent modding!

Flag Post
Originally posted by catepillar:

Bascule2000
skolu
OOHnirav

Can you at least confirm that I am the good one?

Btw, stfu shadow, I don’t want to (and shouldn’t) be a mod. I detest most of the community, absolutely would let my biases get in the way, and am way too fickle in my activity.

Flag Post

i vote for KnowingEyes, he is a good mod, he is doing his job even on holyday.
and most important, he will lock all topics for a good reason, like the rules says.

i think none of the community of tyrant should become a mod for anything related to tyrant, since each and everyone here got a personal interest in this, and will may lock topics for a wrong reason.

just look how some players argue about the goals of the consortium members, imagine what players will do here to mods that play tyrant in certain faction. (remember how people blame zaraki for helping LOA when she was part of them)

Flag Post
Originally posted by darkfang77:

The issue with the current moderator is that he doesn’t post who flags the posts.

“Whistleblowers” are not made public – and for good reason.

Flag Post
Originally posted by KnowingEyes:
Originally posted by darkfang77:

“Whistleblowers” are not made public – and for good reason.

Sorry, forgot to mention ‘[/sarcasm]’.

Flag Post

I wish the mods would lock more topics and ban more trolls.

Flag Post
Originally posted by p4n1q:

That will be my election platform. In the future: “Over the last year, I have locked more threads & banned more trolls than any other moderator. My hard stance on trolling has reduced its incidence to less than 0.5% of all posts. LDV hard on trolling.”

Flag Post
Originally posted by ladolcevita:

That will be my election platform. In the future: “Over the last year, I have locked more threads & banned more trolls than any other moderator. My hard stance on trolling has reduced its incidence to less than 0.5% of all posts. LDV hard on trolling.”

That would be a brilliant troll post.

Flag Post

I’d just like to post that rudgutter sucks at tyrant. All attempts to report anything to him is met with silence and a quick scan that most of his 182 forum posts (quite small compared to every mod I’ve seen) are in skyshard heroes.

Using the forum search, I think it might have to do with the fact that he was fastracked to modship.

Flag Post

Shadowhopeful, DarkBlood1 and ladolcevita are my choices.

DarkBlood has made quite a lot of guides and has put effort into this game.
There has been plenty of arguments for LDV & Shadow.

Flag Post

Is normal that users that flag posts are not made known, there is no point on that other than get more threads that insult them, i think this is a normal practice anywhere.

Anyway if in a thread: there are a lot of quote Pyramids, offense on users\races\religions\etc, privacy issues, spam, harassing on other users\faction, public complaints against moderators\admins that must be addressed in private, etc, the topic will be easly locked.

I have flagged some post, mostly Pyramids, mods was always fast to clean\lock them.

I will not flag it but for me this is an example of a topic that need a lock.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by ladolcevita:

LDV hard on everything.”

That’s a better slogan.

Flag Post

Problem: Anyone whjo actually plays tyrant has some bias

Edit: apparently “who” now has a “j” in it…

Flag Post

Ei nomineit Bogs

Flag Post
Originally posted by kadlerkj:

Problem: Anyone whjo actually plays tyrant has some bias

Edit: apparently “who” now has a “j” in it…

I think there are a few who can act on rational decisions despite their natural biases. I think the bigger problem will be perceived discrimination where there is none, which has already happened more than once.

And yes, “who” recently received a “j” from Rajon Rondo, who wasn’t really using his anyway.