Forums Tyrant

Nominate a new Kongregate moderator for the Tyrant forum page 2

139 posts

Flag Post

I vote for Bascule2000 or HH.

Flag Post

Personally I think KnowingEyes is doing a good job.

I think HH would also be a good moderator, given his work in setting up a separate forum for intelligent Tyrant discussion without trolling.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ManuelDevil:

I vote for Bascule2000 or HH.

Thx manuel and shadow! I would happily moderate this forum. I think LDV would be a great choice as well.

KnowingEyes posted his moderation criteria in another thread:

Excessive cursing.
Excessive pyramid quoting.
Inappropriate inline media.
Post majority being off-topic.
Harassment.

I would use these criteria, except for posts being off-topic. Discussion in threads often moves away from the subject in the header, and I have no problem with that if the discussion is still about Tyrant.

Flag Post

I nominate myself.

I am lazy, inconsiderate and inactive, the perfect qualities one needs to be a moderator.

I am lazy, as such i will not close all threads. I will close 99% of the threads but not all of them.

I am inconsiderate, as such i will not care what threads i close, when i close them or why, nor will i bother explaining it.

I an inactive, as such you need not fear me personally from doing my job. I will pass all the above tasks to one of my minions.

On behalf of myself and my new gained position i hereby close this thread.

P.S i’m too lazy to press the lock button, someone do that for me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by skolu:

Shadowhopeful, DarkBlood1 and ladolcevita are my choices.

DarkBlood has made quite a lot of guides and has put effort into this game.
There has been plenty of arguments for LDV & Shadow.

I agree with this list, too. I wonder if this IS something we can affect because it is something we can talk to Kongregate about. Does anyone know who to talk to at Kongregate?

Flag Post

In fact, since people are worried about bias, if we can figure out who to talk to at Kongregate, maybe we should ask them to replace Rudgutter and Zaraki with two new people. That could help with the perception of bias.

As for convincing Kongregate that they need two new Forum mods, I think one of the most powerful arguments is that all of the most recent moderation has not been by Tyrant forum mods.

Flag Post

LDV and shadowhopeful will never be mod. That would be like making botmasters and account sharers consortium members.

Flag Post

Nobody cares about incognito mods anymore :(

Flag Post
Originally posted by hunterhogan:
Originally posted by skolu:

Shadowhopeful, DarkBlood1 and ladolcevita are my choices.

DarkBlood has made quite a lot of guides and has put effort into this game.
There has been plenty of arguments for LDV & Shadow.

I agree with this list, too. I wonder if this IS something we can affect because it is something we can talk to Kongregate about. Does anyone know who to talk to at Kongregate?

I can only think of Admins (such as http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/IAmTheCandyman or http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/Zshadow) or support@kongregate.com
We should be able to do it through Dawayne/Synapticon, but I’m not sure they will bother to check their PMs. :I

Flag Post

Shadow or HH.

Knowingeyes appears to know NOTHING about the game or the Tyrant community. He posts reasons, but is reasons are bad, then it doesnt matter. I applaud the effort, but its a bad effort.

Flag Post

Actually this is a Kongragate forum, the Tyrant comunity must use this forum under the rulse of Kongragate not with own rules, is not like that because this is a forum on Tyrant users cna write and do whatever they wnat.

Until a little time ago i was really little involved in forum but the more i play the more the forum will be useful and i read it more but in the last few month the spam is increased greatly making the forum itself less usable, this will require more moderation work.

Now, we can all make an effort to use the forum properly, not spamming too much, not using quote pryamids that make thread less readable, not to insult each others (sometime someone can lose it tempers but this must not be normal behavior) and not spamming, and finally the moderation will be none or really light.

Or we can continue like the last few day and the moderation will be hard, posts will get removed and topic closed.

On Kongregate there is also a forum for off-topic, http://www.kongregate.com/forums/2-off-topic , there is no need to put them here, if someone do must know that the topic can get a lock.

And, finally, i am part of this community right? Well, i don’t like how some other user are ruining the experience, those users are the ones that don’t know nothing, expecially about “netiquette”.

BTW, i normally try to avoid take parts on this type of things but the turn of the forum is starting to get on my nerves so i suggest to the users that don’t like how the forum here is moderated to open a free external forum, get a topic with the link here and post on it everything they want keeping this place as clean and usable as possible, thanks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maharid:

… but in the last few month the spam is increased greatly making the forum itself less usable, this will require more moderation work.

In my opinion, the forums are currently much better than during the spring and summer of 2012. Every other thread was recruitment, the majority of the remaining threads were off-topic, and nearly every thread was overrun with trolls. The mods rarely removed troll posts, only the most offensive were removed. Hundreds of people joined TnT for a reason.

But, I could be wrong. With some notable exceptions, I don’t personally get trolled very often any more, and maybe I no longer notice the recruitment threads.

In any event, you are expressing discontent with the current forums, I agree with your discontent, and many other people here agree, too. Let’s try to talk to the Kongregate admins and see what can be done. Thanks to Skolu for posting the information.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I have to say that i got to forum mostly after the last summer so i don’t know much of how it was before nut i can say that at least after the start of December the situation is worsened, i hope this can be arranged in some time.

I admit that i think that you (hunterhogan) can be a good mod, it seem that you are well balanced.

Flag Post

Dear Zshadow,

In Kongregate’s Tyrant forum, there is grassroots support for selecting two new Forum Moderators for Kongregate’s Tyrant forum. http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/318548

As you know, the Tyrant forum currently has three moderators: DaWayne33, Rudgutter, and zaraki. DaWayne33 is one of the creators of Tyrant, so should probably stay a moderator so he may post in the locked sticky-thread “Tyrant Updates”.

At one time, zaraki was an active Tyrant player and an excellent moderator for the Tyrant forum. That has changed, however, and zaraki has moved on to other games.

Rudgutter is a recent addition to the Tyrant forum moderator team, and while he seems to have good moderator qualities, he is not a Tyrant player and does not read the Tyrant forum, so he is unable to effectively moderator the Tyrant forum.

To be an effective moderator for Kongregate’s Tyrant forum, the moderator must be an active and social Tyrant player. Tyrant players are a highly social and extremely diverse community. Furthermore, compared to most games on Kongregate, Tyrant has a long, complex, and convoluted internal history, plus a sophisticated sub-culture.

In my opinion, one of the best arguments for finding two active Tyrant players to be new moderators is that the current three forum moderators need so much support from Knowing Eyes (not a Tyrant player), Unknown Guardian (not a Tyrant player), and possibly other moderators. Most of the moderation from outside moderators has been excellent. Some posts were removed and some threads were locked, however, because the outside moderator did not play Tyrant and did not detect the sarcasm, satire, allusion, or some other aspect of the post/thread that differentiated it from harassment.

Please consider what the Tyrant players have written about this issue. http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/318548

Thank you for your time,
Hunter

cc: the above thread

Flag Post

hunter,
i turn to your logic, try to imagine a tyrant player as a mod in the forum, now most likly he will be from an alliance.
do you believe it will be ok? i can see the future posts about how this mod delete topics made by the other alliance, and let the once of his to stay, or anything like that. or even opposite, he will try to be a equal for all, but then, his own alliance will be mad on him and will blame him for not helping them.
take example from the new consortium, you can see lots of post about the memebrs are only from one alliance and there for try to help only to thier own alliacne.
any mod that will come from this community, will be in a problem.
in our real world, in court, when the jujde have any relate to one of the people, he disqualified himself from the trial.
people cant judje themselfs, or thier rivals.
what you need is an objective player and i am doubt you can find a player who use the forum a lot but is not part of a faction related to any of the alliances.

Flag Post

I have no idea who zaraki is, and I never knew Rudgutter was Mod.

Flag Post

LDV would be a disaster. Too involved, too immature. And I say that with all fondness.

Flag Post

…not that I’m saying I’m any better…

I nominate The Gil

Flag Post

HH.

Flag Post

I vote for Pip due to the fact he has made big contributes to the game, thus recieving his own legendary card

Flag Post

I am not part of a faction or alliance. I quit!

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheGil:

hunter,
i turn to your logic, try to imagine a tyrant player as a mod in the forum, now most likly he will be from an alliance.
do you believe it will be ok? i can see the future posts about how this mod delete topics made by the other alliance, and let the once of his to stay, or anything like that.

This is a legitimate concern. The appearance of fairness is just as important as fairness itself. I think if two new moderators were promoted at the same time, then it will help with the appearance of fairness. In a thread about Knowing Eyes, for example, she (right? she?) declined to moderate the thread so that she did not appear biased. If we have two new moderators, then I think it will help people believe that the moderators are trying to be fair.

Originally posted by floppynoodles:

LDV would be a disaster. Too involved, too immature. And I say that with all fondness.

I absolutely understand why you might think this and why other players will agree with you. LDV’s humor is unusual and she is vocal but somehow secretive. Are you sure LDV is female, for example? Really? Trolling is inciting people just to cause drama. I have not read all of LDV’s posts, but I don’t believe she trolls—I think she has a subtle and sometimes-dry sense of humor. Finally, there is a difference between moderator actions and normal posting. If LDV (or any moderator) abuses their moderator powers, we can be sure that the Tyrant community will quickly cause a riot (or petition!).

I nominate Zblenber89, although I am not sure if he wants it. He is a Kongregate forum lurker, but is active and vocal in many other mediums, such as chat, irc, and on TnT (without his help, TnT would not have had any success.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheGil:

hunter,
do you believe it will be ok? i can see the future posts about how this mod delete topics made by the other alliance, and let the once of his to stay, or anything like that. or even opposite, he will try to be a equal for all, but then, his own alliance will be mad on him and will blame him for not helping them.
take example from the new consortium, you can see lots of post about the memebrs are only from one alliance and there for try to help only to thier own alliacne.
any mod that will come from this community, will be in a problem.
in our real world, in court, when the jujde have any relate to one of the people, he disqualified himself from the trial.
people cant judje themselfs, or thier rivals.
what you need is an objective player and i am doubt you can find a player who use the forum a lot but is not part of a faction related to any of the alliances.

If a person uses his or her power to his or her own advantage, the person will lose the power. If a politician did this thing he or she come in jail.

Flag Post

I don’t think a moderator need to be a Tyrant player, also a moderator not need to know the sarcasm and satire of the community, the post must follow existing rules, if those rules are broken a good MOD must do something, certainly some jokes can be tolerated, fun construtive threads, and so on, but threads that make jockes of factions\players can be take as offencive and treathed like that.

What is needed is moderators that read the forum and do a good and fair job.

@skolu: I’m from Italy, say that again, maybe it can become true even here. :(