Animated .gif Avatars

11 posts

Flag Post

Any animated .gif avatars i upload display weird on kongregate.

Original
Filesize: 5.58KB

Kongregate
Filesize: 10.1KB

Does kongregate need a certain setting for animated .gif images?
I’ll repost this in Art forums since this is the wrong place. HERE

Flag Post

This is not the wrong place ;)

Kongregate doesn’t officially support moving avatars, so there are bugs ;) Make sure you upload it in 40×40 size, and have it named differently than your previous version.

Flag Post

How to upload

Flag Post

How to post animated gif as an avatar image!

Flag Post

Upload the image to a site like Photobucket or Imgur. To post an image here, surround the image link (it will end in a file extension) with exclamation marks. Example:

!www.website.com/image.jpg!

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheRainbowBrony:

Hey there,

You can change your avatar by going to your profile, and clicking “Change image” under your current avatar. Then choose the image you’d like to use, and upload it, then hit Save. :)

Flag Post

This is said in the Kongregate FAQ’s (I think, if not it’s somewhere very near). They state Avatar GIFs are not supposed to work, so do not complain if they don’t.

Flag Post
Originally posted by iCrystalina:

This is said in the Kongregate FAQ’s (I think, if not it’s somewhere very near). They state Avatar GIFs are not supposed to work, so do not complain if they don’t.

Citation needed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thyrael:

Citation needed.

Here’s some more clarification: Click here for clarification.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thyrael:

Citation needed.

Here’s some more clarification: Click here for clarification.

I’m happy that mine works

Flag Post

(just testing my avatar)

Originally posted by TheRainbowBrony:

you could click change image, then choose one of your pictures and press open, if there’s no .gif’s in your pc, you can search for gifs, copy the image url, paste it in the ‘file name’ blank space, and press open
NOTE: it must be 500K below, and it must be 140×140 pixels below