Dinowaurs: Ranked Matches do not work

7 posts

Flag Post

Dinowaurs is a Kong Premium Game with 4 Badges requiring winning Ranked Matches. Entering “Ranked Matches” stays on the “auto-matching” screen forever. Complaints on the developer’s profile suggest this has been a problem for over a year. Today, a dozen players entered Ranked Match at the same time without any starting. Please fix the game. Or fix the Badges so they can be gained from unranked matches.

Flag Post

I’d really like for it to be fixed too.
Those badges aren’t going to magically pop up on themselves. ;)

Flag Post

Ranked Matches do not work between players on Kong. We can play against players on other websites. Dinowaurs is on New Grounds:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/493489

You can play against yourself by opening the game here and on New Grounds. You do not need a New Grounds account; the game works fine playing as a guest. The fastest way to get DNA is for a friendly opponent to use the flamethrower to burn their own towns. You get 1 DNA per kill and 40 DNA for winning. Working together, you can win in under 2 minutes.

My guess is the server is supposed to prevent playing Ranked Matches against yourself, but instead of checking players’ IP addresses, the server checks the Web servers’ IP addresses. So you can play against yourself using different websites, but you cannot play against players on the same website that you are on.

Flag Post

Great advices! I think that i’ll just glich this thing up

Flag Post

Incidentally, I can’t seem to get this trick to work anymore. At least not on my own. I’ll try tomorrow or sometime soon with a friend on Kong, then on Newgrounds. If anyone can still get into a match, let me know. :)

Flag Post

I think they fixed the issue. I tried this just today, with 2 people even and i cannot find a match. It says 3 people online and yet I cannot match with anyone. I am on newgrounds while my friend is on kong and wont match us up. 2 computers. If it is IP based then Dinowaurs is completely messing up and screwing over the people who live together. Why are there these ungettable achievements anyways? No one plays this game enough anymore for it to deserve badges. 3 people online 2 of which are trying to get badges but cant even play ranked matches…

Flag Post

Yep, seems impossible to get into a match. Either updating or removing the badges would be smart :P