Unity Web Player wont work

15 posts

Flag Post

Ive installed the Unity Web Player, but it wont work. Whenever i load a game that requires unity, it just has the “Download Unity Today” page.

Flag Post

Hydra, what browser are you using? Some Chrome users also have trouble with Unity. Try switching to another browser if you’re using it.

Flag Post

I use internet explorer. And yes, ive tried it with the latest version of free unity. it still takes me to that page.

Flag Post

Delete Unity and reboot. Install the program after that. Close out any unneeded pages you’re viewing, they might corrupt the downloading process.

Flag Post

I am also having trouble with the Unity player and I’m running the Firefox 4 Beta, but that’s why they are still in beta. But even when I switched back to Firefox 3, I still had the problem. I then tried with CowFriend said and it worked. Thanks CowFriend.

Flag Post

I can’t get Unity to start with IE 11 either.

Flag Post

Looks like lots of problems with unity, i have been trying over a week… nothing is working so far. I will try cow friends approach, maybe thats it!

Flag Post

You can also contact their support:

https://unity3d.com/community

Flag Post

Nope! didnt work either… Trying to get unity to work for me is the crappiest video game i have ever played….. Sigh! all was fine…. then nothing? Thanks anyway Cowfriend. i think i need to pay for a tech, now its also telling me i need Java enabled???? it is! I think i am only compounding the problem trying every option i can to solve it. This is allot of trouble, just to play a game… if i didnt have money invested in red crucible, i would have given up already. I just got into playing online games, i was always weary of doing so, or spending money on them… lesson learned!

Flag Post

What version of unity player is everyone using? I’m currently on version 4.3.1f1 on IE11 version 11.0.4 and games seem to be loading up just fine for me. It could be the game too, reply with your unity version, ie11 version and game that doesn’t work and we can try to debug it. Oh also this is the unity game I tested on http://www.kongregate.com/games/SophieHoulden/sarahs-run-preview if that helps

Flag Post
Originally posted by UltimateGaming:

I am also having trouble with the Unity player and I’m running the Firefox 4 Beta, but that’s why they are still in beta. But even when I switched back to Firefox 3, I still had the problem. I then tried with CowFriend said and it worked. Thanks CowFriend.

I’m a little confused. Are you saying you are on Firefox 3.x?

Flag Post

I admittedly am not too good with computers, i have tried several suggestions hear… none have worked for me. I just had a computer tech hear $88.00 per hr, problem solved or no charge! He was hear 2 hrs… couldnt solve it, after first hr he was getting frusterated, stayed an extra hour free… still couldnt solve it. I didnt have to pay… but i still cant play the game! #%$**^##

Flag Post

i have firefox im not sure which version but i’ve installed unity web player more than 10 times and is still not working

Flag Post

BrandonC96: We can’t offer much help with the Unity Player plugin. Your best bet is to look in the Unity support forums or contact Unity directly.

Flag Post

Unity player plugin sucks!!