.GIF avatars seem to be broken.

30 posts

Flag Post

Insted of playing throught th gif as normal insted the frames just appear next to eachother.

Example

Flag Post

There is a frame limit and size limit for .gifs.

Can you post the original file image here?

Flag Post

Mine’s doing it too.

It worked perfectly fine until (Sometime last night or the night before); and it’s still working on the game I used it as the image for. There’s been no change in anything on my end, and I just tried re-uploading it, hoping that’d fix it… It didn’t.

Edit: It works correctly when I re-download and re-upload it.

Edit 2: Nope. It re-broke again.

Flag Post

Your avatar looks fine now, Captain.

Flag Post

Now it’s fine in the forum, but still broken in the little tab at the top of the page. o-o

Flag Post

Yeah, mine is broken on the top of the page too. It looks like the avatar is leaving its box area and growing, then it shrinks back to normal size when the gif repeats itself.

Also, ZShadow, when you see this, can you also help me with my Kred issue with the free offer? You posted a suggestion in the thread it was originally posted on, but what you suggested I do did not work.

Flag Post

Strange. Sometime’s they look fine, other times they don’t. o.O I’ll run this by our programmers to make sure something wasn’t changed.

Flag Post

Cool thanks.

Flag Post

What is the frame limit and size limit?

Flag Post

Don’t know. It’s still not fixed and it worked before.

Flag Post

Our programmers are looking into this.

Flag Post

Cool I hope it’s foxed soon.

Flag Post

Any updates? It’s still happening. :<

Flag Post

Still a work in progress. :( Sorry for the delay! It’s a tricky problem because it has something to do with a change that was made in the last update (avatars now support 150 × 150 instead). Once the programmers can pinpoint the problem and get everything processed, it’ll be fixed.

Flag Post

My avatar is bugged too, what I find weird is that everybody’s .gif avatar seems to be glitching differently O_o.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pyrocious:

My avatar is bugged too, what I find weird is that everybody’s .gif avatar seems to be glitching differently O_o.

I know.

Flag Post

*stare*

Flag Post

What gif is you’rs?

Flag Post
Originally posted by lunny2:

What gif is you’rs?

I think a turtle falls off a log into some water.

Flag Post

Still seems to be an issue

Flag Post

That happens to me, too, but what matters is on the profile.

Flag Post

Although, the gifs don’t move on the top of the screen. (account drop-down)

Flag Post

Bump. Still seems to be broken 6 months later. Did you ever find out a way around it or not?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Selby9409:

Bump. Still seems to be broken 6 months later. Did you ever find out a way around it or not?

I heard if you make the size just slightly less than 140×140 pixels, for some reason, the gif will work. I have not tried this though, so it may not work.

Edit: Z says in this thread it’s 150×150. I’m not sure what the max size is, but just smaller than that, is what I heard.

Flag Post

My gif avatar is working, but I uploaded it months ago. I will try alts to see it gifs still work.