Not joining chat

7 posts

Flag Post

I’ve seen a few posts about chat connecting problems, and read the FAQ, but it seems to describe it as the green plug not going green, and staying red. Recently, even though the plug is always green, it just says ‘joining room’ for ages and ages and never actually joins. I fail to be awarded a fair few badges recently also, and can’t report it without the chat screen loaded (is that right?)

These problems seem to have only started occuring since I got Kong plus although that could well just be a coincidence. All of the games seem to load fine and run smoothly, just chat and badges.

It’s frustrating because I’ve never had this before. Anyone got any tips for things I could try? Apologies I’m not very techy at all.

Thanks for reading.

Jen

Flag Post

same here.
had that problem a while ago (also kong plus, but it didnt start rifht after kong plus last time). after my posting in another thread it worked for a short time again. now for more than a week the issue is back.
the plug is green, points, achievement and all other stuff works, just the chat just hangs at “joining chat”

Flag Post

Ditto for me. I’ve done the suggested reload routines, but am still frozen at “joining chat.” Would appreciate any help you can provide….thanks!

Flag Post

Strange!

Which web browsers are all three of you using?

Flag Post

Hi, I’m using my ancient creaky computer with MSN Explorer. :D

But amazingly, when I logged on this morning, after more than a week of being unable to join a chat room….I’m in! So I guess it’s a mystery. But thank you for responding to the inquiry anyway…I appreciate it!

Flag Post

atm it does work again, but i assume until the reason is fixed, it will be back.

i use mostly IE but it is not a browser or pc related issue but account related. whenever this happens i have that problem both at work and at home (completely different internet access). i use different pcs with win XP or win7 and different versions of IE. i even tried it once with firefox and the same issue. so i am really pretty sure that for some strange reason this is an account issue.

Flag Post

since yesterday it is back. maybe it has to do with the bunch of MS updates but the plug stays green with joining room……
any ideas?