Uploading multiple files?

13 posts

Flag Post

How do I get multiple files working? For a word game, I have an external wordlist.swf which I upload as the additional file, thinking it would be in the same directory as the main.swf, but it ain’t there…

Ideally, I’d like to upload a directory which would be on the same level as the main.swf. and contain multiple .swfs for this. I tried uploading a .zip file of this subdir but it didn’t work.

(Sorry if this has been answered, but since forums don’t have a search…)

Flag Post

I belive that you cannot you will have to put it all in one file.

Flag Post

So what is “additional files for game” for?

Flag Post

Would love to know the answer to this question, seems to have been asked a couple times in these forums without any answer. Multiple swfs is the cleanest way to handle staged loading of a game, and it seems like kongregate supports it, but the “multiple files” feature doesn’t appear to work as expected.

Flag Post

I was told that they’re “working on it”. In the mean time you’ll have to stick to one file or convince one of the staff to fix it manually for you.

Flag Post

Pizmogames, this should work. Not sure why it doesn’t — I’ll have a programmer look into it. But we recently made a lot of changes to the file structure, so that could be breaking this feature. Would you mind emailing us your main swf and the zip of the other files? support@kongregate.com

Flag Post

Did you upload it as additional files, not as the primary file?

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/7/topics/3359

Flag Post

I made a dozen or so attempts to upload a zip file. Maybe it failed because my zip file had subfolders (a sounds/ folder and an xml/ folder), maybe whatever unzip code they are using doesn’t preserve folders? I dunno, definitely didn’t work though.

Flag Post

Hey thup, the unzipping should preserve folders. Can you email your main swf and the external files zip to support@kongregate.com so we can see what’s going on?

Thanks!

Flag Post

Sorry for the delay, just mailed those files in today. Made several more attempts with no luck. I’ve been loading half my game files from a separate server, but that’s not holding up too well.

Flag Post

Hmm, I can’t find that email with your files. Can you try emailing it again to support@kongregate.com? Thanks!

Flag Post

Made another attempt to email this today. I didn’t email any files, just gave a link to them.

As of now, I can’t seem to update my game at all, so any help would be appreciated.

Flag Post

I’m unsure if this related to other issues on the site, but aside from this issue, now I’m getting a 404 error most of the time when I try to view my game:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/thup/campaign-game

Keep in mind I haven’t published a new version in several days, I have tried to upload new previews tho (none of which have worked, it doesn’t seem to be able to overwrite old files). Could the previews be somehow effecting the live version?