I have a problem playing Minecraft...

6 posts

Flag Post

Okay, i’m saving up to buy the game, so i can only play the outdated versions. I mainly play in single player, but it is incredibly slow. I’ve tried anything from changing the options to deleting programs off my computer, but it just doesn’t work. I use Google Chrome on an HP laptop, with the latest version of JavaScript.

Flag Post

Wouldn’t we need your specs for this to help more?
uhh, have you tried defragging yet and making sure that the deleted programs are fully deleted?

Flag Post

Quit pirating and buy the game its just over 20 bucks, I only play outdated versions of games to see if I want to spend money on them. Which is a good practice because games like Minecraft are not refundable to my knowledge.

Flag Post

First try closing everything out other than Minecraft. This includes Skype, web browsers, and any kind of flash you have up. This will minimize the RAM usage of your computer, meaning Minecraft can possibly run more smoothly.
If you’re still having troubles and you’re fairly certain your computer matches the requirements, make sure you’re not running on “far” visual settings. You need a 64-bit Java to run the ‘far’ setting smoothly, which your computer doesn’t have from the looks of it. Turn everything to the lowest minimal (i.g. turn visual settings to ‘tiny,’ setting fancy graphics ‘off,’ etc.) periodically until the lag stops.
If you do all that, and Minecraft is still lagging, your computer just might not be able to handle the game. It might not look like much of a computer-intensive game, but it can use up quite a few resources.

Originally posted by pwnagegullwings:

Which is a good practice because games like Minecraft are not refundable to my knowledge.

The advantage of the game not being refundable is the ability to download Minecraft as many times as you’d like, for free, and also grants you the ability to play in the browser.

Flag Post

I like how this thread is “Hey guys, I pirated minecraft and it wont work PLZ HELP!!!!”

try buying the game.

Flag Post

Actually I believe he is referring to this http://www.minecraft.net/classic/play version of Minecraft which is free to play.

Its funny how you internet people always act like your offended by others pirating games, While most of you download songs, watch tv shows on youtube, or buy the latest movie from the black dude in front of their local grocery store before its even in the theaters.