profile messed up

7 posts

Flag Post

i forgot my password so it sent it to my e mail then i lost all my badges kreds favorites and now im level one. D: WTF!!

Flag Post

I’m fairly certain that I know what’s happening here. When you went to retrieve your password, you submitted your email, which means that it sent the password for an account linked to that email (not necessarily the one you wanted, though), whereas if you submit your username, it will send the password retrieval message for that specific account to the email address linked to it. I’m guessing that you registered multiple accounts with the same email address, and that the one you’re currently on is not the main one that you’re missing. Try to retrieve the password for your main one, if it doesn’t work, then post in this thread again, and hopefully Zshadow will stop by later on and can help you out.

Flag Post

im fairly sure i have one with this name and email but thanks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by erantenigma:

im fairly sure i have one with this name and email but thanks.

Of course you do, how else would you have gotten onto that account? That’s why I said that you probably had signed up multiple accounts with the same email address. The way the system works, if you sign up more than one account on the same email, when trying to retrieve a password to a set email, it’s not always as effective as trying to retrieve it to the email of a set account (if that makes any sense). More often than not, when people think that their account’s information has been wiped, they’ve really just logged into the wrong account, your information would not simply disappear.

Flag Post

Is this your account?

http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/errantenigma

Flag Post

yes it is

Flag Post

You should be able to request a password recovery token then.