So. Quatation marks seem to be broken.

7 posts

Flag Post

Right. Any time we begin a line in a forum post with quatation marks, everything that was in that set vanishes. It’s not even there when we go to edit or quote. :<

Y’all should fix that; it makes FG really annoying. It doesn’t matter what line it is… It seems to only happen when the quotation mark is the first character on (any) line.

Flag Post

Hmm. This isn’t the first thread I’ve seen on this subject, and it certainly is a very strange problem. Anyway, for now I suppose you could a) Make sure to save everything you type in a Word document before posting it, so it’s not lost and b) Taking everything that would appear in quotation marks and putting it in bq. form as a workaround until the problem is fixed.

Though knowing the problem only occurs when the quotation marks begin a line might help Kong to figure out what’s causing the problem and how to fix it.

Flag Post

Let’s give it a test.

“This is a test,

this is a test.

“test test test

Edit: I can’t seem to re-create your bug – am I understanding it correctly?

Flag Post

Z, the problem only happens when the entire paragraph is surrounded by quotation marks, not just the start or end. I assume this is what’s happening to them, as they’re writing large paragraphs without line breaks, whereas you had a few line-breaks in between the quotation marks in your test thing. Whenever I surrounded a paragraph with quotation marks, everything else in the post disappeared except for whatever was within the quotation marks, so I assume this is what’s happening with the people in the Forum Games forum.

The problem is that textile is a really touchy thing to work with, and that’s where this problem stems from. Surrounding something with quotation marks seems to be like a textile thing now (like how surrounding with asterisks makes something bold). Therefore, there are a few workarounds.

=="Hello world"== and <notextile>"Hello world"</notextile>

Become: "Hello world" and "Hello world" respectively. So there are some rather simple workarounds which do not require any extra effort other than a few little characters.

So there, finally got to the bottom of this issue.

Oh, and if you’re skeptical that it allows for them to be put on a new line, all by themselves, without buggering everything up:

"Hello world"

Flag Post

this also happens on shouts…
a fix for forums is to hit it 3 times, that seems to fix things.

Flag Post

Really?

“I don’t seem to have this problem.

Flag Post

Let us see if I can replicate the results. I will type this whole bit in these Quatation marks and see if this gets deleted.
Edit:It seems that effects vary. Here it only removed the marks I put on either side. Sometimes it has removed whole posts of mine.