Runtime errors

13 posts

Flag Post

I keep getting these annoying runtime errors can anyone help me?

Flag Post

Thats a bit too vague, it would help if you explained more.

Flag Post

Ok it just says the do you want to debug then tells you line: xxx then error: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

the line and the error are ussuly different

when i go to the homepage it says Line: 1 and the error is Error: invalid chatacter

Flag Post

I think he is talking about JavaScript errors.

Dragon20002, you can hide them by doing this, if you’re using IE, that is.

Go to Tools→Internet Options on your menubar. Click the tab Advanced, and look at the part where it says Browsing. There should be an option that says Display a notification about every script error. It should be ticked, and saying ON, and you need to untick it, then click OK.

The errors will still be there, but you just won’t see them.

Flag Post

Thanks my dad was getting pissed about those.

Edit: that didn’t work they still show up

Flag Post

Dragon20002, just to clarify, it’s a box that shows up and there’s a small yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in the bottom left corner of the browser when it happens, right?

Are you sure you unticked it? It should say OFF when you have, and then it shouldn’t display those errors anymore.

Flag Post

when the errors come up there is nothing that comes up at the bottem of the page

Flag Post

Can you take a screenshot of the error and the website it occurs on?

Flag Post

it occurs on most websites that i visit. ill take a screenie for the one on kongregate

Edit: here Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Flag Post

could someone plz help?

Flag Post

I wish I could Dragon, but I’ve never come across that before. It might be a Flash error though. Have you tried updating your Flash version?

Flag Post

yeah i think that i’m up to the highest

Flag Post

Okay, well, maybe uninstalling, then reinstalling Flash will help. If that doesn’t work then I have no clue. I can’t see what that would be if it’s not a Flash error.