Starting up Problem

14 posts

Flag Post

Every time I type in Kongregate.com in the website
I get sent to Dream World with a shop at home ad. on top.
What is going on? And how do I stop it?
Anduril

Flag Post

It might have to do with your browser history, and that that’s the most common link you visit which has “Kongregate.com” in it, so it’s the top link you’re selecting. Other than that, I see no reason as to why it would be going to that when you’re trying to go to the homepage.

Flag Post

No, Kongregate Homepage is the top one. Plus I have deleted Dreamworld from my history and it still will go to Dreamworld when I type in Kongregate.

P.s I dislike Dreamworld game.
Anduril

Flag Post

That happens to me too. I go to any page with Kongregate.com for the first time it goes to Dreamworld. When it loads it says shopathome.com in the address bar and then goes to Dreamworld. But after it goes to Dreamworld it won’t happen again unless I close it and open the browser again.

Flag Post

Now it is even worst.
When I try to go to the Kongregate home. I get send directly to “thirst of Night” http://thirstofnight.com/a?entrypt=ton-aff_motive—-en@73—motive-55113-2561180429&afsrc=1
Now is Kongregate promoting Dreamworld and Thrist of Night?
I had to login in on a different computer to be able post this.
I would really like to be able to go to Kongregate without any trouble.
Anduril

Flag Post

Strange. o.O It should not be doing this. Which web browser are you currently using?

Does clearing your recent cookies/cache help any? Also, try clicking these link: http://www.kongregate.com/session/new and see if the problem persists.

Flag Post

I’m using Firefox. I cleared All cookie and history from this computer, and the problem is still happening. WHAT is going on??
Anduril

Flag Post

Does it do this from other web browsers as well? Or just Firefox?

Flag Post

Same problem as him thought i got a virus at first xD thank god… but yea seriously it wont stop i have to go to google to be able to get on kongregate

Flag Post

Check your extensions for Shop at Home Special Rebates or similar. Also check your Add/Remove Programs. It’s one of those sneaky ad extensions that can get on your computer without you realizing it. If it’s anything similar to other sneaky ad extensions, it was stuffed in with some other installation of a major product as a little ticked-by-default box on some page you didn’t bother to read.

Kabam and ShopatHome.com are business partners. Kabam has also partnered with Kongregate for some of the MMO players who are not playing on Facebook. There are threads on Kabam’s forums complaining about similar redirects and stealth installs of ShopatHome.com extensions.

EDIT: I have no advice for avoiding getting the toolbar in the first place. I’d start by editing my Hosts file to send kabam.com and shopathome.com to 127.0.01, but that may be a bit extreme. You can also try avoiding Kabam games on Facebook. They ARE the plague, after all.

Flag Post

This has also happened to me but I use Internet Explorer I have to go to kong twice to get to the main page.

Flag Post

every time i switch account’s i have to reset the game

Flag Post

For me it’s Dream World again.

Flag Post

I have a question. Please let me know if anyone can help. I have created two accounts, each with different email addresses. However, I have not been able to log onto a game server with either account. I have been told that I should received a confirmation email to confirm the account. Does anyone know how to confirm an account if I do not receive the confirmation email??

Greatly appreciate any help!