I can think of a lot of possible reasons why you’re not connecting to chat. So to save me from writing down every problem that could be wrong and a solution, let’s narrow it down! Check or answer these things out!
- Sounds weird, but make sure your computer’s time and date are correct. It can foil with Kongregate’s certificate and trick FireFox into thinking it’s expired.
- Do you have any ad blockers, proxies, etc.?
- Is it only on Firefox?
Edit: If you’re technical and you know how, check and make sure ports 5222 and 5229 are open to traffic.
Or you can skip the questions and try out some solutions!
1) Is your flash player in protected mode? If it is, http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1018071?tstart=0 for instructions how to take it off protected mode.
2) Try reinstalling flash player. Reinstalling it might hammer-out any problems!
3) Is it only on Firefox? Try it out on IE. If it is only on Firefox, reinstall Firefox. There’s most likely a little error that’ll fix upon reinstallation.
Let me know if you did all of these and your chat is still not working!