Games not working

36 posts

Flag Post

So, I checked out the forums, did some file organizing, some computer cleanup, fixed breakfast, ate breakfast, (Well, you don’t need to know about my life)

Well, I was bored so I found a game (Yes, ME on a game) to pass time, It wouldn’t load. My internet is working very fast today (Thank god), but I thought it was just the game, so, I found another game, it didn’t work, I tried about 10 other games, waiting about 5 minutes for each to see if it loads, but each one stays on a blank screen, and each game I tried was by a different creator. This never happened to me before. Any help?

Edit: I tried using IE, didn’t help, I don’t feel like downloading a new browser, I set storage space to unlimited, I disabled all the add-ons/extensions I don’t use/need. I checked and yes, Flash is up to date

Flag Post

What browser are you using? Try a different one.
Is Flash up to date?
Try disabling all add-ons/extensions.
Is your storage set to unlimited?

Flag Post

-Firefox

-Yes

-I’ll try

-Yes

Flag Post

I tried using Internet Explorer, it didn’t help. I disabled some plugins, nothing (Except my internet was a little faster :D) I also unplugged my motem + router for about 30 minutes a replugged it, which didn’t work.

Flag Post

im having the same problems some get past the blank screen to the actual loading screen but it never loads anything

EDIT: i got one game to work but the others still wont load

Flag Post

It’s the same thing for me on any of the new games like relic of war. They don’t load and stay on a blank black screen

Flag Post

That’s odd. Are you still experiencing this problem?

Which web browsers are you all using (besides Frank)?

Flag Post

I think I got sort of the same problem. Most games I’ve played recently played work, but some (as far as I know: Renegade racing, Infectonator 2, Band of Heroes, Battle without end) stay at either a black or a white screen. Chat and such work just fine, just the games don’t work. And that’s annoying, because I like to hunt badges and now there are at least three games with badges which don’t work :(

Flag Post

I too have been experiencing this and I can tell you it is strictly Kongregate. Bloons TD 5 for example. I can’t play it on kongregate but I can play it on http://www.tower-defense5.com/. It loads through the splash screen and then I click play and either a gray or black box opens. The same with about 3 dozen other games I’ve tried so far. Some games go as far to play the sound but won’t load the picture.

To answer the questions you’re going to ask anyway, yes, I have the most recent versions of Flash and Firefox. Yes I made sure the settings in flash were set to “unlimited”. I quote that because it’s not unlimited, the options are “allow sites to save information…” , “ask me before allowing…”, and “block all sites…” I selected “Allow sites to save information…” I’ve not only also disabled certain ad-ons but I white listed Kongregate. Like I said, I can play the games on other sites, just not on Kongregate.

And Lastly, Yes I’ve tried using other browsers. Google Chrome, SRWareIron, Opera and IE. All the same issues (when I am on Kongregate trying to play)

Flag Post

Same problem here – recently some of the newer games simply go to the “black screen” and that’s it.

Examples:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/PaulGene/renegade-racing
http://www.kongregate.com/games/scriptwelder/400-years

I’m using Chrome 25.0.1364.97 and Flash 11,6,602,168 but also tried on IE and a fresh install of the latest version of FireFox with no addons installed / all default settings. These games don’t work on any of the 3 browsers.

Flash is set to unlimited, cache has been cleared, adblock disabled for kongregate (and kongregate white listed as well just in case), flushed DNS, restarted PC, router, and modem…

I assume these 2 threads are related as well?
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/7-technical-support/topics/326992-problem-with-loading-games
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/7-technical-support/topics/325798-problem-loading-games

I want to play the new games. :(

Flag Post

Looking for a few volunteers to work with us personally on testing this issue. If interested, please e-mail me at zachary@kongregate.com if you are experiencing a problem with your games! We’ll find some way to compensate you for your time.

Flag Post

Try downgrading flash? I’m using 11.2.202.235 and it works fine.

Flag Post

Downgraded to 10.x (couldn’t easily find 11.2.x) – still not working. Upgraded back to newest version.

I also disabled my firewall and tested games – still not working.

Flag Post

I upgraded to most current because the games wouldn’t load. I don’t think downgrading back will change this… Personally, I think it’s some mundane detail that hundreds of users have set that is causing this issue. It shouldn’t be that big of a deal/process. The games should just work regardless of settings. I know it’s not the easiest thing to code but so many different forms of flash players, web browsers, plugins, flash settings. It all causes hiccups like this that aren’t really necessary to begin with. Such a hassle.

Flag Post

What’s odd is that it doesn’t seem to be related to the browser at all as, once games stop working, they don’t work on any browser. And, it also doesn’t seem to be related to flash as, once games don’t work, they don’t work with any version of flash even after a complete uninstall/reinstall of flash.

Could there be a general Windows setting or some sort of registry entry causing it?

Flag Post

the new back end is not updating the addresses of any new uploads. – also any new updates I post, like instructions, dont show. It just shows the old stuff. http://www.kongregate.com/games/mp630/armored-assault-beta – for example. just shows black because its looking for an old version that isnt there anymore. Its stuck on version 1.21, when it should be 1.26 that I uploaded a day ago. Instructions are the same. Its showing the instructions for 1.21 even though when I go to edit game it shows the 1.26 instructions I updated.

Flag Post
Originally posted by M4rduK2:

What’s odd is that it doesn’t seem to be related to the browser at all as, once games stop working, they don’t work on any browser. And, it also doesn’t seem to be related to flash as, once games don’t work, they don’t work with any version of flash even after a complete uninstall/reinstall of flash.

Could there be a general Windows setting or some sort of registry entry causing it?

Did you tried to play the same games on other site, like Armorgames or Begamer? Because it seems its a Kong internal problem.

Flag Post

Ahh, yes – they do work on other sites.

Odd that it is specific to Kong but only affects certain people…

Checked out Armored Assault Beta and it loads fine for me (if that helps at all).

Flag Post

I’ve been trying to play wasteland empires and my friends wont show up in the game and I’ve tried several different ways to get it to work anyone have any suggestions?

Flag Post

I have had multiple games fail to load with the “movie not loaded” message. It seems to be random, with games that I’ve had work before still working, as well as some of the new games in the under consideration section. Other games, including popular ones like 400 years or ode to pixel days, are not working. I’ve tried multiple browsers(Chrome, Firefox, IE, and Safari), disabling my add-ons, and updating flash with no change.

Flag Post

I’ve fixed my problem, by remembering that I had changed my host file when kongregate had a sitewide error back in November. I removed those changes and now games load again.

Flag Post

Yep, that fixed it for me too.

Thanks!

Flag Post
Originally posted by KittyBot:

I’ve fixed my problem, by remembering that I had changed my host file when kongregate had a sitewide error back in November. I removed those changes and now games load again.

Can you provide a bit more detail about what exactly you changed? This will help us a ton! :)

Flag Post

A while back (November) Kong had some sort of DNS issues. One of the fixes was to manually edit your hosts file to direct www.kongregate.com to the correct IP as discussed on this page (actual posts from the November incident) http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/kongregate.com.html

I’m not sure why that started causing a problem later on down the road, but that is the cause (at least for me). Maybe some of the newer games are on a different server or something? I edited the hosts file to remove the lines regarding kongregate, saved it, immediately tested one of the games that was previously not working, and it worked.

Flag Post

I’d like to know the same too.