Not Connecting in Firefox

24 posts

Flag Post

Since Firefox updated a couple of days ago, none of the games on Kongregate are connecting (red plug). Is there a known issue? I have tried other browsers and the site works normally; I just prefer to use Firefox.

Flag Post

Try this.

Originally posted by Zshadow:

On Firefox, assuming you are using the latest version, click the “Firefox” tab in the top left corner, and select “Options” (and then Options again). From here go to “Advanced”. Then choose the “Network” tab, and you’ll see “Connections” and then “Settings”. Open up your settings and make sure Firefox is set to have “No Proxy”. Restart browser afterwards.

Let me know if that does not work though.

Flag Post

Thanks for your help; that doesn’t seem to have made any difference though :(

Flag Post

Which version of Firefox are you using? Does downgrading to 14.01 help any?

Flag Post

15.01. I’ll try it.

Flag Post

Ok, downgraded and it worked! Though it immediately upgraded itself again… I will look around the options, must be a way to turn that off

Flag Post

To turn off automatic updating, go to the top left “Firefox” → “Options” and there should be an option here to “Turn off automatic updating”.

Flag Post

Flag Post

My problem is slightly different. The achievement server connects on new and different games for me….but not for Badge Of The Day games. (ANd, yes, this is with Firefox 15.0.1.) Any alternative to downgrading the version?

Flag Post

Does clearing your recent cache help any?

Flag Post

Does clearing your recent cache help any?

Not at all, I’m afraid.

So I’m in a weird situation where I connect just fine for games like Bloons TD 5 and Legacy of Heroes, but I get nothing for City Siege 2 and Boom Town (even though I’ve completed the achievements for Boom Town).

Flag Post

Well that’s odd. Does it do this from other web browsers besides Firefox?

Flag Post

Well that’s odd. Does it do this from other web browsers besides Firefox?

I just tried with MSIE v6, and it connected for Boom Town just fine.

Flag Post

You used Internet Explore 6? Are you kidding?

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

You used Internet Explore 6? Are you kidding?

??? No, not kidding; that’s the IE browser I have (and barely use; my preference is Firefox).

That said, I had no trouble connecting to Multitask 2 today, so the issue isn’t necessarily Badge-Of-The-Day focused.

Flag Post

Do you have any add-ons for Firefox?

Flag Post

Hey, been playing CloudStone for about 2 weeks and I’m loving it. Having trouble getting in for the past 2 days though. I go to Kongregate, click on CloudStone and it loads except for the last inch on the load bar. Can’t get in to play. Reloaded numerous times, restarted computer numerous times, but can’t get in. Tried to load on Firefox and Internet Explorer, but no go.Anybody have any idea what the deal is?
Went into Firefox options and checked No Proxy, dumped out of FF browser and came back in, no change. It loads to the Cloudstone beginning where the load bar is, but it seems to be frozen about an inch from a complete load. Tried IE and the same thing happens. This started yesterday and haven’t been able to get on since. I really like this game and want to be able to play. Can anybody help me? Thanks

Flag Post

Try right clicking the game and check that your storage settings are set to unlimited.

Flag Post

I have the same problem as the original poster, but downgrading did not fix the problem. I’ve downgraded to 14.01, disabled plugins I don’t need, upgraded Flash, disabled automatic updates, cleared cache, and disabled firewalls and anti-virus. For any game I try to load, it merely says “Game Info loaded” in the chat area and the game and chat never load. Everything works great in Chrome.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Same problem. Any solutions?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shenlyu:

Same problem. Any solutions?

Have you tried everything already said in this thread?

Flag Post

Just fixed my issue with this. Make sure all of your add-ons are up to date. If you use adblock, make sure your filter lists are up to date as well. Good luck to anyone else with this issue.

Flag Post

The problem is still around with Firefox 16 it seems. Downgrading again :( I hope this problem is resolved in a future version, whatever is causing it :s