Friends Online Indicator Bug (Updated Oct 4th with Pic)

8 posts

Flag Post

At the very top right of the screen where it shows your name, level, points to level up, kreds and the friends icon I’ve noticed over the last day or so the friends icon doesn’t display the number next to it showing me how many are online. It simply has a short white line under the icon itself.

I’ve figured out that it has something to do with zooming in and out of the page. I’m always at 2x zoom using Chrome, and i’ve never had an issue with the friends indicator before. If i go down to 1x zoom or back to standard size the icon displays properly. Some higher zooms over 2X it also displays properly.

Very minor and OCD’ish type issue but figured it was worth noting. I’m guessing either a recent update either on the chrome and/or kong end caused this.

EDIT on Oct 4: I will now include a picture of what i’m referring to. On Chrome it only looks like this on 2X and 4X page zooms. Other zooms on Chrome the friends icon displays properly.

Flag Post

Which version of Chrome are you using? I’ve never had a problem with it.
Try using a different browser.

Flag Post

Version 22.0.1229.79 M and it says its up to date.

I could use a different browser, but games here on kong work for me best with chrome, followed closely behind by firefox. I could switch I guess, but i’ve been using chrome forever so even if i have to deal with it i will.

Flag Post

For testing purposes.

Flag Post

No matter what page zoom i have set on Firefox, the friends icon info displays properly. So at least now i know its something specific to Chrome, and most likely not kong itself.

Flag Post

I updated the main post but i’ll copy/paste the new info with pic here as well:

EDIT on Oct 4: I will now include a picture of what i’m referring to with the friends indicator bug I’m getting. On Chrome it only looks like this on 2X and 4X page zooms. Other zooms on Chrome the friends icon displays properly.

Flag Post

Zooming in may cause some problems, sadly.

Flag Post

Thanks for the reply :)

Maybe it was always like this for me and i just never noticed. Or maybe this is a recent issue that just cropped up for me like i suspect.

Either way I’ll live with it and thanks for your time.