Broken 'recommended badge' program?

16 posts

Flag Post

Recently I’m getting ‘recommended badges’ for games I either rated 1 star or badges that I already own. I use this part of Kongregate to get both new badges and find new games to my liking but now I keep getting the same games over and over again that I’m either not interested in or have already played and gotten badges for. Did something go wrong with me rating the games or is there a mistake in the programming?

Flag Post

What happens when you try removing these badges from the list?

Flag Post

I tried that. They actually come back. Right after removing them.

Flag Post

Interesting… Is your browser set to automatically clear your cookies/cache?

Also, which badges are they? You can just name a few.

Flag Post

Not really sure about the cookies. I don’t think so at least.

I finally managed to drop a couple of badges to day (don’t know how) but the persisting ones seem to be:
Sensei Slayer Badge from Sonny
Feudal Feud Badge from Strawhead Ninja
Shark Jumper badge from Dolphin Olympics 2
Newbieland Conquerer from Platform Racing 2

Flag Post

Any news on this front? I still have badges on my list from games that I one starred and they just keep coming back even when I click them away.

Flag Post

Which web browser are you using? Does it do this from other web browsers as well?

Flag Post

I use Mozilla Firefox, but I get the same recommendations on Internet Explorer.

Flag Post

Weird. Have you tried clearing your recent cookies/cache? It sounds like it’s just repeating the same recommendation over and over which makes me think it’s a cacheing issue.

Flag Post

Sorry for the late response. I’m going to follow your recommendations later today when I get back to my laptop again and let you know if that helps.

Flag Post

Cleared out all my cookies on the computer that I use for these games, but no difference in recommended badges. I’ll just let the issue rest and find a different way to find fun games on this site.

Flag Post

I’ve been having problems with my recommended badges for about a week now. I don’t have them them repeating, or showing 1-star games, BUT I noticed that when I complete a badge, instead of the usual 10 recommendations, the badge slot completely disappears. But, the remaining badges are changing based on my ratings. Ex: I had 9 recommended badges, but after completing Natural Collection in Cellcraft and another (forgot the name) badge, I have only 7 slots, HOWEVER Mardek RPG: Chapter 3 was never on my list before I rated both Cellcraft, the other game, and the badge of the day game (Depict1).

Flag Post

Edit to last post: I was wrong. Depict1 was the other badge I earned, but I also earned the badge of the day in Knightmare Tower. I’m sorry if that confused anyone, I just checked my point log.

Flag Post

I am having this problem as well. Most of the suggestions in my “Recommended Badges” section are games I’ve single-starred and/or already earned the badges. I click the little x in the corner to make the suggestion go away and it vanishes, only to reappear moments later.

Not sure how long this has been going on; when it started I assumed it was a glitch that would soon be fixed. It’s more than two weeks, possibly much more. Like Lilith55 said, I just found other ways to find fun games on the site.

I’m on the most current version of Firefox. I have cleared my cache (twice!) to no avail.

Some of the games are…

Toss the Turtle
Learn to Fly
Learn to Fly 2 (two different badges in two different slots)
Bubble Tank 2
Dolphin Olympics 2

Flag Post

As a temporary workaround, you might want to investigate Badge Master . While it isn’t informed by your ratings, there are various ways you can find badges that might interest you.

Flag Post

In a response to SoggyPhoenix, I have the exact same badges in my recommendations that I can’t seem to get rid of. All of them, except Bubble Tank 2 appear every time on one of the three pages. Maybe the problem is in the badges themselves?