What does this mean for me? You will always be able to play your favorite games on Kongregate. However, certain site features may suddenly stop working and leave you with a severely degraded experience.
What should I do? We strongly urge all our users to upgrade to modern browsers for a better experience and improved security.
We suggest you install the latest version of one of these browsers:
Kongregate is a community-driven browser games portal with an open platform for all web games.
Get your games in front of thousands of users while monetizing through ads and virtual goods.
Learn more »
I haven’t had the opportunity to play any of your games on my computer yet in the whole time I have had an account(over a year). Every time I try to load a game my internet will suddenly disconnect. I assume it is unique to my computer/internet connection as my girlfriend can load it on her computer with no problem and I can’t seem to find any forums with this subject. The few that have hinted at it are unresolved.
I have tried it in all my browsers: IE9, Firefox, Opera, Chrome.
It also can’t be the games themselves because I have played a decent amount on them elsewhere such as armorgames.com and realmofthemadgod.com
I am currently wondering if it is to do with my ISP as when I use the phone my broadband internet disconnects, though the Kongregate disconnect problem was happening quite awhile before the phone problem.
Any help/advice would be much appreciated
1. I tried refreshing and restarting all web browsers and my computer.
2. No firewall, proxy, ad-blocker, or browser add-on interference. Made sure that ports 5222 and 5229 are allowing traffic(not entirely sure i have done this correctly though). Uninstalled/reinstalled flash player. It is also up to date.
3. Tried all browsers. Reinstalled Firefox to no avail and didn’t bother to do it with the others.
4. Currently using Chrome, not Firefox.
5. Time is correct and have nearly worn out my F5 key.
Any other ideas?