2 accounts on one computer

6 posts

Flag Post

I’ve just noticed, that with certain games when you save progress with one account it erases the progress someone made on another account.

ie : Gravitee – I completed a few of the achievements, then my fiance logged into her account and played, now all of my achievements are erased, and are exactly the same as what she had.

Same with Max Mesiria Chp2 RPG. I started a new game, and it erased all of her progress.

Is this a problem you are aware of? Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

Flag Post

Nope one accoun doens delete progress thats how my neightbour got some of his badges.

Flag Post

Why would you want to delete that progress? try to help the other person if he doesn’t have the badge. And all the stuff you did is gone now too.

Flag Post

i got 2 accounts and i wont get disconnected.

Flag Post

I think I have a solution to the Max Mesaria Chp2 RPG one. See, game progress isn’t saved onto your account, rather your entire computer.

Flag Post

Games that use Flash cookies are ignorant of what Kongregate account you use, unless the developer specifically programmed the game to save the data separately. As a result, erasing saves on many games or gaining achievements will often bleed over to other Kongregate accounts on the same computer.

The easiest solution is to create a separate Windows profile, since shared objects are stored in sub-folders within C:\Documents and Settings\username\… (ie C:\Documents and Settings\Jack\… and C:\Documents and Settings\Jill\…). The same principle is true of user accounts on OS X.