All games - being directed to api.cloudsponge.com... which does not respond

29 posts

Flag Post

Not sure what the issue is here – was playing a game and then was told Kong would be down for maintance. Next thing I know every time I try to load /any/ game (Like – game would begin loading, then suddenly..) I am redirected to this site which never loads. Anyone familiar with this problem or could point me in the right direction as to how I’d go about fixing it?

Flag Post

That’s odd… is it still doing this?

Clearing recent cache help any?

Flag Post

No luck – cleared Cache with no positive results. It’s strange, because I’ve been playing Kongregate Games for months, and Tyrant for days on this computer – and today mid-session it died on me without warning. I can’t think of any changes of configuration it coulda been. (I didn’t download any firefox apps or do much of anything, all I was doing was fiddling around on facebook and playing Tyrant)

Flag Post

Try a different browser.

Flag Post

Trying other browsers – same results. It’s noteworthy that it’s only happening on this site. Other sites are functioning normally.

Flag Post

it’s also odd that if I STOP content loading on the page.. I still get redirected. even if I hit if fairly early. (I thought that perhaps if I hit stop and the game loaded, I could play normally without interruption from additional scripts on the page)

Flag Post

Been some hours now – nobody reading this thread has a possible solution for me?

Flag Post

Not too sure what may be causing this. Are you running any add-ons or extensions for your web browser?

Flag Post

None – its pretty barebones

Flag Post

It might be your router holding onto bad information. Try doing a power cycle. Do you know how to properly power cycle?

Flag Post

Just unplug it and the modem for ten seconds then plug them back in, right?

Flag Post

Unplug the router then the modem. Plug the modem in first, then the router. You’re probably better off waiting closer to 30 seconds for each.

Flag Post

no luck :(

Flag Post

Reinstalling web browser help any?

Have you tried running a virus scan?

Flag Post

I’m having the same problem too.

Flag Post

Christender – are you using an older Mac?

It’s the only aspect that makes it unique – Doesn’t make sense for me to randomly lose access to Kongregate Games – A virus would make sense – If I got it from facebook by posting messages (Which is all I do on FB, not a link follower, or even a reposter) or off of Kongregate itself. This computer can’t do much – so I don’t do much on it. I don’t use any instant messengers, nor do I bother with my email. There’s also nobody else that uses this computer – So virus theory is out. Only thing I can possibly think, is that the site DID do an update, or Cloud did, and it’s caused an incompatibility with my Mac, the old version of firefox that I’m forced to run (newer versions aren’t compatible with my OS) or my version of Java (Again, updated as far as compatibility will allow)

Flag Post

Still no solutions found – so bumping

Flag Post

You’re not using “Better Kongregate”, are you?

Flag Post

Originally posted by Zshadow:

You’re not using “Better Kongregate”, are you?

seems more likely that a malicious ad is acting up (top.location).

Flag Post

i have the same problem, and am running a scanner

Flag Post

I don’t know what’s up here – I just know that it’s very very frustrating. Me and others are having the same problem – can someone please post a solution or at least an explaination? If you need to know my computer specifics – go ahead and PM me. It’s been days now with no solutions.

Flag Post

Try and play a game now and see if it continues.

Flag Post

i have the same problem. Can we ask admins to make some backdor or addon to block api.cloudsponage.com for players with this problem?

Flag Post

Same problem – no solution….anyone still reading this?

Flag Post

I just tried to play some games on a new account on my Win XP – and ALL go white-screen!
So its same comp, same browser, difference: my other account has no-script blocking api.cloudsponge installed on firefox. In fact games load properly but after a (short) while they go blank like about:blank and show “Transferring data from api.cloudsponge.com …” while doing nothing. Strange, hu?