Entire Site Down For Most page 3

120 posts

Flag Post

Mostly yes, they are sleeping.

Although it’s 6 in the morning right now, so not sure…

Flag Post

So after performing the host file fix, any idea how to solve the call of gods “you are not logged in” problem? Would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Flag Post

Yesterday, somebody changed the DNS servers from DOMAINMONGER.COM owned by Central Registrar, Inc. to SYSTEMDNS.COM owned by OpenSRS, part of Tucows Inc.. The DNS Server names are maintained by Tucows as the domain registrar. The new DNS server has settings for some, but not all, Kong server names. The server names that are available all point to Kong’s primary server, which would quickly melt trying to serve everything to everybody.

The Kong Admins will need to tell us if this was a mistake, or someone tried to hijack the website and failed.

@moriartias and all MP game players
Multi-player games and MMOs depend on their servers talking to Kong’s servers, so your changing the settings on your computer doesn’t help. The Admins of each game would need to make changes, or wait until Kong fixes it.

@Melorian
Firefox did not start deleting save files. Adobe changed Flash to delete the save files whenever the “Clear Cache” function of any major browser was called. Security people had noticed that persistent Flash save files bypassed the perceived security of deleting Cookies. Adobe also hates that Flash is used for games; wanting it to only be used for serious business applications. The change affected Flash on Opera, FF, Safari, Chrome, IE, and others. I kept Flash 10.1 until some simple game that should easily have run on Flash 9 received Badges and refused to run without at least Flash 11.2.

Google Chrome did not move the save files to be more secure. Google makes its money from advertising, and gets results by tracking everything you see on the Web to learn about you. Google built its own version of Flash and moved the save files so people would stop deleting the Google tracking files.

Flag Post

After that host fixing, for me its working fine, thanks for the help

Flag Post

TY so much for the help mate :)

Flag Post

i get a windows cannot find the path error, dont see why? but i would also REALLY like kong admins to contact us on this, this is pretty much crap that one of its users is providing solutions instead of kong actually getting there hands dirty with all of us..

Flag Post

I am not sure I want to mess with my computer this way… with my luck I will crash my system and have to find a real job. Hopefully Knog will get this going here shortly… maybe even an email letting us know it is up and running.

Flag Post

working,kinda,all the colours and buttons are back,but its dead slow and games are still not working :(at least i can reply tho!

Flag Post

it seems that the issue has been fixed at least im able to bring both my kong accounts on now so id say 12pm est may be fully fixed¿

Flag Post

Yay and it’s finally back for me :D Hope they’ve fixed it now!

Flag Post

Without modifying the hosts file, the entire site’s scripting was 404’ing and erroring in Chrome Canary

Flag Post

If you have Linux, the host file should be in the /etc folder in your filesystem. The file name is hosts.config. You’ll need to open the file as an administrator to edit it and save it.
Note: Just edit it the same way as you would on Windows. It’s quite simple. You’ll need to close and re-open your web browser also. That way it reloads the host file.

Flag Post
Originally posted by redcrystal:

Yay and it’s finally back for me :D Hope they’ve fixed it now!

It’s working now for me as well.

Flag Post

Aaaand we’re back folks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Captain_Catface:

Possible events:

1. Gamestop did it.
2. Kong is fully merging into Facebook.
3. Someone maliciously accidentally the servers.
4. Arcanecoder accidentally the servers.
5. New world order.
6. Kongbot tried to divide by zero.
7. There’s about to be a new forum/profile revamp that will ruin the UI.
8. Kong is in the early stages of an illegal FBI takedown.
9. Google did it.

THESE ARE ALL THE RIGHT ANSWERS!!!

Flag Post

Kong’s back! :D

Flag Post

As soon as I edit the host file, it comes back online. :/
EDIT: However, it seems that it’s not actually back yet. http://www.websitedown.info/kongregate.com

Flag Post

Supremacy 1914 says for me to log into Kongregate to play … I am already logged in! I logged out and logged back in and still the same response. What do I do?

Flag Post
Originally posted by cheechoo14:

Supremacy 1914 says for me to log into Kongregate to play … I am already logged in! I logged out and logged back in and still the same response. What do I do?

Try this: www.kongregate.com/sessions/new

Flag Post

Apparently Kong can’t fix this issue. They really should alert people about how to fix it. So far, it seems that no one has realized this yet. I wonder if they know there’s a problem at all… They really should get on top of things more — it took me a few hours to find out how to fix the problem. Not everyone knows where to look, though. :( That’s really not good. I’ve checked Facebook and Twitter to see if they have mentioned it at all, but they haven’t.
NOTE: It’s a DNS issue. This site has more details: http://www.dnsvalidation.com/kongregate I haven’t looked at that site thoroughly, but it was suggested reading that if you want to know more.

Flag Post

An administrator was alerted to the issue pretty much as soon as it happened.

I’m not technically inclined, but from past experiences, I’m pretty sure this is a DNS issue. DNS is the “Domain Name Server” and pretty much controls the IP and makes sure that people can find the site and stuff. From my previous experienced on another site, the site owner (who IS technically inclined) told me that DNS doesn’t update instantly. It is bound by geographical constraints (it has to propagate itself through the internet, through ISPs and stuff) and it takes time.

Note: As I said, this is just my speculation. There hasn’t been an official word, yet, and I don’t have the knowledge to properly confirm the issue.

Flag Post

I tried Try this: www.kongregate.com/sessions/new but it did not work. thanks though. It still wants me to log in….

Flag Post
Originally posted by cheechoo14:

I tried Try this: www.kongregate.com/sessions/new but it did not work. thanks though. It still wants me to log in….

Try clearing your cache. It might be due to the issues that the site is experiencing right now or it might be a completely different issue, it’s pretty much impossible to know.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

An administrator was alerted to the issue pretty much as soon as it happened.

I’m not technically inclined, but from past experiences, I’m pretty sure this is a DNS issue. DNS is the “Domain Name Server” and pretty much controls the IP and makes sure that people can find the site and stuff. From my previous experienced on another site, the site owner (who IS technically inclined) told me that DNS doesn’t update instantly. It is bound by geographical constraints (it has to propagate itself through the internet, through ISPs and stuff) and it takes time.

Note: As I said, this is just my speculation. There hasn’t been an official word, yet, and I don’t have the knowledge to properly confirm the issue.

I don’t know enough about it to provide anything other than the information I find. It’s good to know that they know, though. I thought they would, but I had been told they probably didn’t.

Flag Post

trickyrodent just posted and apparently the DNS host provider decided they didn’t want to work anymore.

Post is here: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/310266?page=1#posts-6557920