Entire Site Down For Most page 5

120 posts

Flag Post

Thank you for your response Alison. :)

Just now I noticed a CoG representative has posted information on some new events. Curious if you can get a hold of him/her to help us with this problem.

Flag Post

I’m trying to edit my hosts file, it won’t let me save after I’m finished :/

Flag Post
Originally posted by TalmanK105:

I’m trying to edit my hosts file, it won’t let me save after I’m finished :/

You shouldn’t need to do that anymore. It was a workaround to access the site while the DNS issues were still ongoing. There shouldn’t be any Kongregate.com-related issues anymore.

Flag Post

Well, I’ve been trying to play for awhile now, and I can load ads just fine, but the game will not load after. I get to see a 5 second sneak peak before the ad, then it disappears :(

Flag Post

Some games are still having problems. For that, it’s just a matter of waiting for the developer to fix it on their end.

Flag Post

Alright I suppose, just sucks cuz it’s all the games I want to play that are still down. Like Dolphin olympics 2, red remover, the penguin flying ones.. Maybe I should just do homework lol

Flag Post

Oh… those should be working. It’s just some multiplayer ones that are having problems.

Does clearing your cache fix the problem?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Captain_Catface:

Possible events:

1. Gamestop did it.
2. Kong is fully merging into Facebook.
3. Someone maliciously accidentally the servers.
4. Arcanecoder accidentally the servers.
5. New world order.
6. Kongbot tried to divide by zero.
7. There’s about to be a new forum/profile revamp that will ruin the UI.
8. Kong is in the early stages of an illegal FBI takedown.
9. Google did it.

lol I <3 you

Flag Post

Are issues still being addressed?

Because for me it’s not just getting into games that is the problem. I’m still having trouble getting to the front page (it comes up as this weird mess of text or occasionally just fails to connect full stop) and it took several attempts for me to be able to post her.

So for me at least there’s still an issue with the main site, not just individual games.

Flag Post
Originally posted by GKZhukov:

Are issues still being addressed?

Because for me it’s not just getting into games that is the problem. I’m still having trouble getting to the front page (it comes up as this weird mess of text or occasionally just fails to connect full stop) and it took several attempts for me to be able to post her.

So for me at least there’s still an issue with the main site, not just individual games.

Same thing here

Flag Post

It just hiccuped again. :(

Flag Post

Yeah, something totally unrelated hiccuped around the time that you guys posted. GKZukov and ComputerJunkie, are you still seeing a garbled homepage and other errors? The DNS stuff isn’t entirely cleared up yet (I know there are international users that still can’t reach the site) but this sounds different.

Flag Post

Yeah, it’s a mess of graphics and text, and when it does occasionally load it’s only half-loading. I can’t actually get into any game atm, because navigating the home page is virtually impossible. Right now, even the forum page I’m looking at/typing on is a bit of a mess, and took some work to get to, but is just about useable.

I’ve never had any of these problems before now, and am using the same computer I’ve accessed Kong from for the last couple of years (it’s safari on a mac if that makes a difference). I could screenshot some of the pages for you if it helps…

Flag Post

For the garbled layout issue, (assuming it’s been resolved on Kong’s end), just force-refresh the page you’re on.
For most browsers this can be done with CTRL+F5 (Command+R for safari).

Flag Post

One of my friend can’t even get to the front page. They say they can’t find the adresse (or site.) My maternal language being french, I may be hard to understand, sorry about that.

Any idea what he could do to change that? He tried Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, none of them can get to the front page.

Flag Post

Hi Rebax,

It sounds like your friend is experiencing the DNS issue from earlier. You have 3 options, from easiest to hardest:

1) Wait. Eventually the problem will fix itself when your friend’s DNS records update automatically.

2) He can follow these instructions to clear his DNS cache, here.

3) You can have him follow the instructions to change his DNS here

And lastly, if you want an chart to help visualize the problem, you can see that here.

Let me know how it goes :)

Flag Post

First of all, thanks for trying to help! ^^ He cleared his DNS cache and took some time before trying again, but now, everything work!

Flag Post

Great! Glad to hear everything is working!

Flag Post

My garbled layout and loading failures seem to have cleared now. Still don’t know what caused it or what resolved it (assuming it wasn’t directly related to the DNS problems). But anyway, it’s running smoothly again (and hopefully will continue to do so). Thanks for the replies though!

Flag Post

@Melorian Thanks.

@Everybody
Seems this needs a bump. Some players are reporting games do not load. Copied the old instructions changed to today’s IP Addresses:

1. If you have a modern version of MS Windows, Start – Run – then enter:
notepad SystemRoot\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Everybody else, read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_(file)

2. Add these 5 lines to the bottom of the file:

75.98.92.205 kongregate.com www.kongregate.com

75.98.92.206 of1.kongregate.com bosh1.kongregate.com

192.33.31.51 chat.kongregate.com assets.kongregate.com

23.0.160.40 cdn1.kongregate.com cdn2.kongregate.com cdn3.kongregate.com internal.kongregate.com external.kongregate-games.com

23.0.160.51 cdn4.kongregate.com

3. Save.

4. Kong should work after refreshing. Please PM me if I missed a server name.

5. When the Admins fix Kong, you can disable this by opening the file again, and adding a # at the beginning of those 4 lines, like: # 184.169.160.102 assets.kongregate.com