HELP I'VE BEEN HACKED

7 posts

Flag Post

When i was playing miscrits, something strange started happening… I was logged out of chat and thought it was just a bug. It said that I had multiple tabs open and it could only be open in one, but I had only one tab up. I reconnected and 2 seconds after i got DCed again, then this continued to happen for about 5 minutes. I KNEW that I had been hacked when i looked in my party my miscrits had changed and this kept happening over and over. Someone was messing with my game and my account. SO, I immediately went and changed my password, after which it died down considerably, but then it didn’t stop.

IF any of the Kongregate management could help out I would appreciate it. THX

Flag Post

You weren’t hacked. You either gave someone your password or had one that was easy to guess. I suggest you log out of your account and use the password recovery link to change your password, unless they’ve changed the e-mail already.

If that works, then change your password to something very secure and don’t tell anyone. Then, contact the developer of the game you were playing by clicking the “Report a bug” link and see if they can assist you with any changes made to your account.

If you’re unable to recover your account on your own, contact support@kongregate.com and the administrators might be able to help you. You probably won’t receive a reply from the e-mail for a few days though, since it’s the weekend.

Flag Post

I immediately changed my password afterward, didn’t give anyone my password, and my password is most def. not easy to guess considering it involves capital letters nonsense words and numbers. So, yeah….

Flag Post

i’ve been hacked tooo

Flag Post
Originally posted by gamerboy0000:

i’ve been hacked tooo

Please refer to my post.

Flag Post

Never give your passwords to anyone. support@kongregate.com is your best chance, but don’t bet on it.

Flag Post

Were you multi-tabbing in the game? Could have just been a connection error.