possible account tampering

9 posts

Flag Post

This is the second time I’ve had to recover my password/change it in a day. The password I was using was very familiar to me and not terribly easy to brute force. I’ve also noticed Kongregate doesn’t use https protocol which bothers me… well, it’s just a gaming site, but well, you know.

A few hours before these occurrences I had noticed someone called ‘RealZoot’ had been added to my friends list, apparently without my consent. This user had also added a shout which included a URL to a now removed web site.

If I were a black-hat hacker I would have hijacked that user’s account and used it to seed shouts to a scam site, so there is the possibility it wasn’t actually that user at all.

Flag Post

people dont need your consent to add you to their friends…They become your fans when they do this and than you can add them to your friends list

Flag Post

“had been added to my friends list, apparently without my consent”

sigh As I did write: they to my list. To MY list.

Flag Post

o sorry i misunderstood

Flag Post

Get a harder, tougher, very very uneasy password.

Flag Post

if you clicked on the link in the person’s profile that allowed them to steal your password and spam other people.

Flag Post

hey dude i never hacker your profile. You added me as a friend, I belive.

Just want to set things straight :P

Flag Post

Damnit, I never HACKED your profile. You added me as a friend, I believe. sigh

/grammar nazi

oh and the link was to the shock site you where talking about, im sorry if it offended you >_>

Flag Post

I never said you hacked my profile. I said I didn’t know who did, but what I did know is I never added you to my friends list (so someone else must have). However, thank you for resolving the shout link issue —the site wasn’t there when I visited. Didn’t see it. Sorry.