Starfighter: Disputed Galaxy, Can't play it?

58 posts

Flag Post

Title. I can’t play this game due to something of not being able to connect, however I am still interested play this game because it contains badges. Helps on this?

Link: http://www.kongregate.com/games/DJStatika/starfighter-disputed-galaxy

Flag Post

It looks like a cool game, i can’t connect either, i get yellow instead of green, ill try to look into it more.

Flag Post

I think I remember reading somewhere that the game’s server(s) were taken offline and the game can’t be played anymore.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

I think I remember reading somewhere that the game’s server(s) were taken offline and the game can’t be played anymore.

I believe I think I remember reading something along those same lines.

Flag Post

Well, if that is the case, the badges are impossible to get then. Does that make it possible for them to be removed?

Flag Post

Badges make things a bit tricky. I imagine the game itself in its entirety will be removed.

Flag Post

I opened a thread on the subject some days ago.
Major problem about this game is that a badge is part of the Quest “Best of 2007” and we can’t complete that quest due to this game.. I hope some Admin will help us in our quest for the holy relic. Maybe Kong can switch it with some other game from 2007 or just deleted that badge from the quest.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Garet28:

Ah, yes. Right. Anyways, I e-mailed support last night with a link to this thread, so they should be aware of it and will hopefully do something about it.

Flag Post

Thanks!

Flag Post

The game has been removed.

Flag Post

Great Job !

Flag Post

but … but … why? Q_Q

Flag Post

I played Starfighter: Disputed Galaxy a lot, started like 3 years ago or so. There was a multiplayer but because of many, many hackers, destroying the accounts and hacking a lot, the multiplayer sectors in the game (it was mainly SP but with some MP support) were disabled. I loved it and played it fine even this fall, such a shame it has been removed! It was a good game, removed from his site long ago but still available here…

However, he is currently working on StarFighter: Infinity, some info here http://www.starfighterinfinity.com/ I believe the game will be great!

Flag Post

I just dont get why he would remove that game if the new one isint out yet D: and who knows when it will come out since its been comming out for the last 2 years :/

Flag Post

OK, the game was removed because the peopel that hosted the database were retiring a shared database thing that I used for it. To fix it, it would either cost a lot more per month or would have taken a lot of time to repair, and I cant afford either. The game itself didn’t cover its costs as it was.

I’m sorry it had to end, I did keep the game going for 5-6 years

Flag Post

It was great while we had it, and one of our first multiplayer games! :) Can’t wait to see what’s in store for the future.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zshadow:

It was great while we had it, and one of our first multiplayer games! :) Can’t wait to see what’s in store for the future.

Perhaps a similar formula, but with greater customization possibilities?

For instance, I’d have liked to be able to switch out the spacebar cannon for something with slightly different characteristics, like maybe burst fire, or lower damage full-auto.

Flag Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LoDA3Di77gA#!

Flag Post
Originally posted by kirbylogo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LoDA3Di77gA#!

• Looks at comments on YouTube Vid….. *

Cancelled… Say it ain’t so, Ben! Starfighter was what got me onto Kong! I’ve got good memories of that series! D:

Flag Post

No, ive never said its cancelled, just that its pushed aside for a bit while I try to build up some funds

Flag Post

I just want play it again, I have a total of more than 2.900.000$ and mora than 7000 kills, I dont want lose all in one time…

Flag Post

yeah i’ve spent way too much time on this game for it to go down. theres no other way to play it?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hontzy:

yeah i’ve spent way too much time on this game for it to go down. theres no other way to play it?

No, sorry.

Flag Post

Is there any way that the game can be made to save locally?

Flag Post

Wow, I just got on today to pilot my old girl the hydra destroyer, maybe have a bit of fun. Then I couldn’t find the game and came here to this thread. Well I can’t say I am pleased, took me a long time to get the rank I was, not to mention the ships.

I never really player that many other games on Kong, definitely never played any game as long as I played that one. To be honest the old little flash game was one of the few I’ve found really fun.

So I have one thing to say. Ben, starfighter infinity better be a good one, and you had better get it going some time, soon, or make it well worth the wait, and I am being all to serious when I say that.