Starfighter: Disputed Galaxy, Can't play it? page 2

59 posts

Flag Post

Why don’t you give us a download for it? It shouldn’t be too hard to adapt it for offline use should it?

Flag Post

I’m surprised that people still talk about it today! Proves what a great game SFDG is!

Check out http://www.starfighterinfinity.com/ for next upcoming sequel and the development update on http://www.facebook.com/StarfighterInfinity

Flag Post

Such a bummer…I missed SF:DG’s multiplayer days, but it was what got me into gaming. I like the idea of a download version, but as for now…RIP Disputed Galaxy.

Flag Post

Starfighter Disputed Galaxy is such a great game that I don’t think it will ever die, and I don’t mind if it goes offline as long as if it comes back online at some point in the future. Even if it would get restarted fifty times, I’d be back to get that warship and those early gaming memories another fifty times.

Flag Post

Wow…. Fuck this then. Ben has lost a fan. Never playing one of his games again. He said it would be out soon 2 YEARS ago. He just gave up on this seris thats what. Never again.

Flag Post
Originally posted by killgirll:

Wow…. Fuck this then. Ben has lost a fan. Never playing one of his games again. He said it would be out soon 2 YEARS ago. He just gave up on this seris thats what. Never again.

Well, that’s rude. If he needs to save money before he can afford to spend his time on the game, then that’s completely reasonable. Just because you want to play a game is no reason someone has to lose the ability to sustain his existence.

Originally posted by DJStatika:

No, ive never said its cancelled, just that its pushed aside for a bit while I try to build up some funds

Flag Post

I LOVED THIS GAME SINCE I WAS 9 AND I STILL WANA PLAY (im 15 now) PLEASE FIX IT
im beggin u for bacon
O lordie have mearcy pleas bring back these people what they love most! mmmmmhmmmmmm

Flag Post
Originally posted by Arnoldschwartz:

I LOVED THIS GAME SINCE I WAS 9 AND I STILL WANA PLAY (im 15 now) PLEASE FIX IT
im beggin u for bacon
O lordie have mearcy pleas bring back these people what they love most! mmmmmhmmmmmm

The developer has said it’s down and not coming back:

Originally posted by DJStatika:

OK, the game was removed because the peopel that hosted the database were retiring a shared database thing that I used for it. To fix it, it would either cost a lot more per month or would have taken a lot of time to repair, and I cant afford either. The game itself didn’t cover its costs as it was.

I’m sorry it had to end, I did keep the game going for 5-6 years

Flag Post

Thats what you hackers get . . . I told you all to quit messin with the noobs but nooooooo . . . ha ha ha ha you having to suffer with the rest of us … RIP Starfighter: Disputed Galaxy

Flag Post
Originally posted by pman9542:

Thats what you hackers get . . . I told you all to quit messin with the noobs but nooooooo . . . ha ha ha ha you having to suffer with the rest of us … RIP Starfighter: Disputed Galaxy

It wasn’t the hackers that got the game taken down, they hackers got the multi-player removed. The game was taken down because of server issues…

Flag Post

well the hackers started domino, so…

Flag Post

dam it that use to be my fav game anyone know where i can play it ? when i click the link in kong for fav games it takes me to the kong games page not starfighter disputed galaxy

Flag Post
Originally posted by badbat111:

dam it that use to be my fav game anyone know where i can play it ? when i click the link in kong for fav games it takes me to the kong games page not starfighter disputed galaxy

You’re not going to be able to play it on any site, since the game was run through a server which is no longer up (as stated previously in this thread). Other sites still have the game up, but it just tries to load and then says it couldn’t connect, it’s removed here to prevent confusion, so any links to it won’t lead to the game page, but will be redirected.

Flag Post

Well I am sure if a kickstarter fund or somthing of the sort was done this game would have alot of funds donated to it, why dont you give that a go?

Flag Post

.. cant you give us a download version?

Flag Post
Originally posted by opTicninja808:

.. cant you give us a download version?

It is not a stand alone game. It runs on a server.

Flag Post

Terrible. Simply terrible. Now it shall be impossible for me to ever get the Best of 2007 Quest. Ah well, all good has to come to an end someday.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CombatExclaim:

Terrible. Simply terrible. Now it shall be impossible for me to ever get the Best of 2007 Quest. Ah well, all good has to come to an end someday.

The badge is no longer a requirement for that quest, though none was added in its place.

Flag Post

Just thought I’d mention this: apparently the game’s still up and playable on NG – albeit in a limited form.

To play you need to right-click → quit to menu → login as guest. Can’t save progress, though…

Maybe if one downloaded the swf and used it with a standalone Flash player in an environment that allows one to save states? Unless the game is sitelocked; I haven’t checked.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Player13:

Just thought I’d mention this: apparently the game’s still up and playable on NG – albeit in a limited form.

To play you need to right-click → quit to menu → login as guest. Can’t save progress, though…

Maybe if one downloaded the swf and used it with a standalone Flash player in an environment that allows one to save states? Unless the game is sitelocked; I haven’t checked.

What’s ng?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hontzy:
Originally posted by Player13:

What’s ng?

Newgrounds

Flag Post

Flag Post

i can get the game running give the job to me i`ll get it back up and running

Flag Post
Originally posted by shadowclaw102:

i can get the game running give the job to me i`ll get it back up and running

Contact the developer.

Flag Post

THERE IS A WAY TO PLAY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
But only as a guest…:(
So you know how there’s still the ‘old version’ of SFDG on some websites, like Newgrounds? So usually when you try to play it, it’ll say “connecting” for a while and then it’ll say like error or something, right?
So when it’s connecting, right click, and there should be a option that says “Quit to menu” press it and it takes you to the login screen of SFDG. If you try to log in it’ll say “checking username and password” forever and won’t log in, but you can still play as a guest ;)