Unable to connect for achievements

8 posts

Flag Post

I Have read over the “Read before posting” thread and still am unable to connect. This red plug is driving me insane lol if their is anyone who could give a possible solution I’ll give it a shot

Flag Post

If you’ve done everything on the “Read Before Posting” thread concerning connection, I can only guess you just have a bad internet connection. You could phone up your local internet provider and discuss how to get a better connection ;)

Flag Post

I am running Firefox on a University Linux computer, and i have the same problem. the last time i was able to connect to the chat / Achievement system was last Saturday. However, now, on EVERY kong.-game i try to load, my flash-player (npviewer) process gets killed AFTER the flash part tries to load, but before the GAME loads. The game then loads fine. but i’m not able to do anything to manually reconnect (refresh) the chat/achievement section.

This could very well be something the System Administrators decided to ‘fix’ on these computers on Sunday or Monday, . or it could have to do with something that happened with you guys during the same time period.

Also of note, when i click on the ‘reload game’ link at the top, it doesnt just reload the game, it refreshes the page. which isnt what i want it to do. (or is this a ‘feature’ due to me having that ‘red plug’?

Now, i know that my situation is (probably) rather unique (which is why i havent posted it before now), but, it may be something related to WestWhiteWolf’s problem. and anything which can help me, might be able to help him.

Thanks in advance, And i’m sorry if this ends up hijacking your thread!
/t

Flag Post

I’m having the same problem. I used to play Kong daily, then I got involves in Borderlands 2 with friends for awhile. These passed few days though I return to Kong to play some of the new games and the plug image to the top right remains red. Chat never loads, achievements don’t register but the game loads. Every single thing is up to date. My internet connection is perfectly fine.

This problem came out of the blue, nothing on my computer changed, I have no viruses and so forth. NONE of the Kong games load and I’ve tried all the fixes when the term " Kong chat won’t connect " is Googled in the old forum posts on Kong. I have no idea what to do and I actually really enjoy Kongregate.

Flag Post

Cinematik, try this.

Flag Post

I have the same problem with the latest firefox. I don’t seem to have that problem when I resorted to IE. But I don’t like IE, and I’m using Windows 7 pc.

Flag Post

… for my own troubleshooting purposes, i was wondering if anyone could verify whether or not anything was changed on Kongregate’s side during the time period Jan 4 through Jan 7.

Flag Post

Firefox seems to be unreliable these days.