A different problem with Unity Games.

5 posts

Flag Post

I am having a different problem with the Unity player. On some unity games the player crashes while loading and I get a popup window that says “player failed to load” when I click on the details link on the unity crashed white screen. Notably Jumpingline, Accellerator, and Let’s get rollin’ crash, while others load fine (Bullseye (interstellar marines) and reactance 2)). I am running Windows XPspIII with the latest Firefox, the latest Unity, the latest Java. I installed google’s browser-mess (Chrome) and tried again, with the exact same results. I have not done any major changes to the system in ages and it was working fine until a week or so ago. Any ideas (other than calling a priest to do an exorcism)?

Flag Post

On your permissions/options table, do you have JavaScript and Unity allowed?

Flag Post

Do you have a firewall?

Flag Post

I have both the Java and Unity plug-ins enabled in Firefox. Not too sure about chrome, but in both browsers, some Unity games load slick and smooth as always, while others give me the unity player white screen of “OMFGBBQ”.

I do not currently have a firewall installed on the system.

Flag Post

I found an old version of Java lurking in WinXP that had been there for eons. Once I removed it, Unity started behaving again. Good timing too. I was about ready to start the exorcism (anyone need holy water? I have a 5 gallon bucket of the stuff) Thanks for the suggestions on locating the problem. BUT, just to be sure it is gone . . . . . .

set lang=lat, set tone=pious, setvol=banish chant="Recéde vos daemonia ab infernis! De qua venistis ad vacuo! . . . . . . carrier lost. . .