chat and badges problem

8 posts

Flag Post

I have been using kongregate for a couple years now and the chat and badges worked fine. then about a week ago i went on and kongregate chat and badges stoped working – any help/suggestions?

Flag Post

Why can’t I connect to chat? You need to be able to connect to chat to earn achievements.

If you can connect, Why didn’t I earn a badge?

If you’re still having issues, post back here and it might get resolved that way, but make sure to try all of the things from those threads first.

Flag Post

I also have problems getting badges. Lately I have to report nearly every badge that I should have gotten. So I report them. Not only are there a lot of games in wich you can’t prove getting the requirements for a badge, like the impossible badge in Pandemic 2. It just doesn’t fix the problem. Or did you find all your badges scared into submitting after reporting others? The simple temporary solutions we can get on chat and even in the game and achievements tabs. I connect to the chat just fine. I hear that others stayed offline for months because they can’t connect. After not getting and not being able to proof i earned an imp badge, I feel that there still hasn’t been done anything and there has not been presented a reason or a solution. If this continues, I too will stay away from kong.

Flag Post

Not only are there a lot of games in wich you can’t prove getting the requirements for a badge, like the impossible badge in Pandemic 2

Actually, you could have taken a screenshot at the time of achieving the badge requirements that would have proven you earned the badge. Obviously, there’s an end-game screen that shows that you’ve killed everyone, and the date in the lower-right corner proves that you did it within 100 days.

But as you said, that doesn’t fix the problem. However, if Kongregate doesn’t know what causes the problem, they can’t fix it. Simply mentioning that none of your badges report doesn’t give Kongregate any information that they can use to fix the problem. What browser/OS are you using? Have you tried a different browser? Is your Flash Player up to date? Have you recently made any changes/updates to your computer? Are you running any additional browser scripts? Is there any other information that you think would help Kongregate figure out what is going on? They can’t read your mind or get inside your computer to see what’s going on.

Additionally, some games have had issues where the API reports slowly or not at all. In those games, you may have to wait several minutes for the API to report before earning your badge.

Flag Post

im having the same problem, not only in firefox, but on chrome too.
already tried everything in the section “Why can’t I connect to chat?”
anyone managed to find a solution ?

Flag Post

when i run firefox in safe mode everything works D: weird

Flag Post

Sounds like something on Firefox is causing the problem, then. Any add-ons you have installed?

Flag Post

i found the problem,
but in my case, it was an add-on that comes with firefox when running on linux…
disabling “Ubuntu Firefox Modifications” fixed everything for me